1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Once again, the dominoes start falling.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Dec 23, 2011.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Just like last week, the Texans lose and the potential for a first-round bye is back in play. What ever you might think about the statistics coming off the bye week, with as banged up as we've been, that chance for a home game in the second round is still pretty tough to NOT want.

If you believe the oddsmakers, we're still a 17-point favorite against the Rams even WITHOUT Roethlisberger (looking at the injury report, the Rams appear to have it much worse than we do, but I'd be hard pressed to give up 17 points to anyone after last week's debacle). It would be pretty tough to think either we or the Ravens will lose this week.

But, I will be there hoping against hope that we find ourselves in position to take the division and that first round bye. I see they haven't scheduled a night game for week 17 yet. Hope the Ravens/Bengals game is still early when all is said and done in case the Bengals have nothing to play for by that time (because we all have seen what the Bengals will do when they have nothing to play for and something good would happen for the Steelers if they won)....

Here's hoping! Merry Christmas everyone!

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    All I want for Christmas is a home playoff game.

Everything else seeding wise is gravy.

3. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Texans lose again, plus Boldin is out for the Ratbirds for the next 2 weeks.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All I want for Christmas is for the Browns to beat the Ratbirds!

5. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cincy beat the Ratbirds. But just imagine how pretty we would be sitting right now if we won on MNF.

6. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    we win out and the ravens lose one game and we are no worse than the two seed.
    and, if the pats lose one more (highly doubtful), then we are the one seed.
    i'd say we have a legit shot at the two seed with hopefully the bengals beating the ravens!

7. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I agree we have a legit shot. Just hoping that the scheduling in the final week is such that the Bengals' fate isn't already known (of course, they could lose to Arizona this week and that would be all moot). If it DOES in fact matter, I'm hoping that Ravens/Bengals, Steelers/Browns, and Jets/Dolphins all take place as currently scheduled (1PM Eastern). If they made Ravens/Bengals the night game and then, God forbid, the Jets already clinched the 6th seed before the night game, that would have to affect the psyche of the team more so than if they knew they were playing for a shot at the playoffs.....

Hoping for a HAPPY new year.... in Pittsburgh....

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This year is bloody riddiculous with how the Steelers try to lose it and other teams do their best to give it back to them ... And I can't watch Saturday's games because they are played right during Christmas dinner here ... My family would murder me if I'd sneak off to watch football :D