1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On the eve of OTA's

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, May 22, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Please Sly Stevenson and Curtis Brown, show me what you got.
    I am not sure I can take to much of Larry Foote/ Keenan Lewis.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they should let the fans sit on art's lap and tell him what we want for Chris............... i mean for 2012. it's such an exciting time of year knowing something is getting started. right now ,every fan in the league is thinking SB, and that they are tied for the league lead in every catagory. :-D :roflmao: :cool:

3. southernsteeler

southernsteeler New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Any good sites or twitter peeps for OTA news?

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Actually its Stevenson Sylvester, haha. Not sure where the Lewis hate is coming from...but I know the Foote hate has been around for ages...

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think the Foote hate and the Lewis stuff that is starting to pop up is because many perceive both of them more as really good back up's and not starting material.

The fact the the coaches seem comfortable with Foote as the man on defense wreaks of how comfortable they were with mediocre line play for so long. I understand they need to give confidence to the player they have penciled in at the spot, doing otherwise is demoralizing and counterproductive to that player. But, working with what you have and making efforts to bolster the positions are different. If they don't make positive steps in these units in the next draft they will get the same heat they did over the O-line.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't hate Lewis, but I was very disappointed in him in my evaluation. He did not do well. I'm not saying I have no hope that he'll improve or that I want him to do badly, but I think everyone kind of glossed over his actual play because he delivered such a huge personal improvement from 2010, and he also wasn't the target of any high profile TDs or anything like that like Gay always was in the past. But he still almost always gave up the completion when targeted. I hope he shows as much improvement from '11 to '12 as he did from '10 to '11, but I'm not holding my breath.

Foote did mostly bad last year, playing in relief of Farrior. But interestingly enough his best games were the ones where he got the start for an injured Farrior instead of relieving a healthy Farrior. I'm not sure how to explain that. Maybe he needs to wrap his head around it a week in advance, maybe he needs the practice reps. But that's the only glimmer of hope I have there, and again I'm not holding my breath.

I almost never, ever agree with Wardismvp, but if I had to pick three guys to come out of nowhere, blow everyone away in preseason and replace the starters, it'd be Sylvester, Allen, and Brown.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I also do not hate Lewis, I just think Curtis Brown is a better ball player,
    as far as the Persian dough boy, I think he has seen his better days.

8. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So when does the "Get rid of Larry Foote" posts start popping up? Now that BA is gone, is larry the new scapegoat?

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, we probably shouldn't be critical of any of our players. I mean they're all unbelievable and should keep their jobs until they choose to retire. Good grief.