1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Oct 16, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yesterday this team showed us all just what they are capable of. I think that's what gets me and some of you guys so upset when they lay stinkers like we did vs the Bears and Jags. This team is scary good and on any given Thursday, Sunday or Monday could totally destroy any other team......ANY!!!! I am speaking for myself here but after last week I was on the edge and ready for this team to make changes. I like so many of you have been waiting for this team to play like we know it can and it for the most part did yesterday. I hope this is signs to come cause if we play like this the rest of the way #7 is in our sights for sure.

Steeler Nation here's to a few more games like this and a great super bowl ride.....:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The defense could be scary(in a good way). Unfortunately the offense still has some issues. The loss of Gilbert seemed to coincide with our inability to move the ball consistently in the 2nd half. Hopefully he just tweaked the hamstring and they decided to excercise a little caution.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Any given Sunday is so right for this season. Not just the Steelers. At the present moment Vegas must be making a ton of $$$$. About the only sure thing this NFL season is the Cleveland Browns will lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not quite but close. Still need to score TD's and still only getting average to bad Ben. Also need to get Bryant going and JuJu hasnt reached his potential yet. When those things fall into place, we'll beat anyone.

Good that we could beat a team like KC and not be full throttle.

• Like Like x 2
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers still need to punch it in, 1st and goal from the 1.5 yard line and can't get a TD.

This game should of been a run away, and not as close as it became.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    One thing remains... the Steelers must beat the Patriots (with Brady at QB) in the regular season and playoffs. Then and only then... will they be Jedis.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    One thing stood out to me in a big way;

This team now seems to go as far as how well Le'Veon Bell runs each game.

Ben can get us to the stairway but Le'Veon Bell will be the driving force. Give him the ball. If that is what is needed for the number one seed, so be it.

It does not matter how we get there. It matters if we do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Haley needs to plan ~ spread the ball around more, Steelers again are too predictable ..Brown,Bell,Brown Bell yeah you get the picture..Involve the TE's and other WR's more as mentioned they need to keep fine tuned. As to Ben, he needs to get the ball down field so his posse can score the big points. IMO he's treading lightly, weary about self confidence after being in charity mode.

Once Ben is firing on all cylinders, utilizing more of his weapons this team will be totally bad a**

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Come on Blast I am trying to be positive....lol! Seriously you and others are right we could be better on offense and we do need to get more TD's. I will say this I saw a lot that I liked in the first half, a lot that I have been talking about from last season of the Raven and Dolphin game. I liked the quick slant, I liked the WR screen but what I saw from Ben gave me hope. He was still a little off but damn he looked so much better. He hit guys in stride enough to keep going and to me that is very important as we have playmakers and given a chance they can bust it loose.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Next week the "they are running the wheels off Bell" rants will start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    To be honest it’s a league wide stinkfest lol. You can say a lot of teams are steelering it. Injuries and losing to bad teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Essentially what Steel_Elvis stated after our loss to Philidelphia;

"This is parity folks".

... Never gets old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Exactly. It's not parity because everyone is equally good. It's parity because everyone is equally BAD. Well, not equally maybe, but the scale goes from mediocre to suck...to 49ers, Browns, and Colts

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I couldn't agree more. We should have won that game by 24 points minimum. The goal line play calling was terrible again. Bell was running all over them right to the goal line setting up 1st and goal from inside the 2 and of coarse TH decides to throw the ball for some stupid reason. Sure we ran on second down and got completely stuffed for a 4 yard loss (way too predictable on that call) and then force to throw it on 3rd for an incomplete pass. Should have slammed it in on 1st, 2nd or 3rd down with Conner lining up a FB and even handing it to him.

What ever happened to hard nosed football?

I like the win but when the defense holds them to 1 first down in the whole first half then the offense needs to capitalize on that and put points up big time.

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Just need to stay healthy and stack wins. Not concerned who beat who and by how much etc. worry about wins/losses later

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You know what is pretty funny is we all flip out at us losing to the Bears and Jags, but what about Denver losing to the Bills and the winless NYG? This is a pretty important point to me as I am always looking at the Steelers as a team that plays down and see it is not just us..........:hmm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Or Atlanta losing to the Bills and Dolphins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    this year is pretty crazy. Lots of teams losing to teams they shouldn't, finally they can all feel what we do! Only difference is steelers are capable of beating good teams, most other teams aren't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Jags beat the Steelers then don't sell out. Somebody needs to show the Rooneys that. Screw parity and stop purposely losing to inferior teams. It's been happening for decades so I honestly think it's part of the plan.

20. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2017-10-17_12-44-33.png

• Like Like x 3
  21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Many of their red zone issues could be solved if they get better and more consistent play from their TE's, no doubt about it.

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say many of their red zone issues could be solved if they scored more while they are in it!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2