1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On a scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about Pickett's play going forward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Kenny Pickett is a bottom 3 starting QB in the NFL. He might be the worst

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Probably a 6 or 7. I'm hoping to God that his performance was a fluke - that he got nerves after getting hyped all summer and got so worried about living up to it, that it got into his head and affected his play.

Even if this is the case, it's not a good sign, since it would imply that he might fold in very high stress situations, but I guess we'll see.

Although a convincing win over the Browns would ersase a lot of my current concerns, even if the Steelers loss, so long as Kenny plays with a lot of heart, is confident, and he does his best to keep the game in reach, then that would still be a huge improvement over week 1.

If Kenny comes out and plays terribly and we see a repeat of his week 1 performance, then, obviously, my current concerns will only grow exponentially - like, maybe to 11. And if he's still stinking up the place by game 4 or 5, I might have to seriously consider the sad possibility that the only solution at QB going forward would be to find another one.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Purdy has better targets though, they were defiantly more open than what the Steelers had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    If we had a great QB in the 90's we would have had 3 Lombardi's with the defenses we had!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    J. Kelly IMO made a mistake of not coming when they offered Him the job. I believe they could have done something. Hell We ended up making the playoffs that year with Mike Tomczak(I can't remember how He spells it)

6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Nothing wrong that. Kenny was never tagged as a franchise QB. He has the potential to be a good QB, but most never thought he had franchise QB talent.

Some NFL organizations never have had a franchise QB before, the Steelers have had 2. The Steeler went 26 years between Bradshaw and Ben. Just have to be patient until they find the next one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Seeing Tua throwing to a spot before the receiver is in the picture is amazing. KFP has to get there!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That , and His processing is what make TUA pretty good....getting hurt every year since H.S. is what makes TUA bad.

9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Never tagged as a franchise guy? We drafted him in the first round! Hopefully we didn’t do that thinking he would be just serviceable or average.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    KP will be fine, did you never have a bad day at work?
    Now I am not so sure I can say the same for OC.
    Would love to see Steelers OL and DL step up
    And be dominant. This will help KP big time.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They failed in monitoring Pickett that game. We’ll never know now but he should have been checked out.

Richardson of the Colts was concussed on his second TD run and you wouldnt have thought anything of it, the way he bounced back up and celebrated. Watching it full speed I didnt even know he hit his head like that.

But someone had the good sense to check him out, took him to the blue tent (I was told you can’t do that unless showing signs of injury, hmm) and then took him to the locker room for further examination. He’s now in concussion protocol and he hasn’t suffered two concussions in quick succession like Pickett has.

Complete failure. Between that and allowing Cam back into the game, I have serious doubts about our medical staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022

When I say the whole thing needs to be blown up, never thought I'd have to include the medical staff as well but here we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Offensive line is terrible, can't pass block, can't run block.
    No running game. N. Harris is a flop.
    Ave. receiving corp that can't get separation.
    Boring, predictable play calling.

Wonder why Pickett looks so bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I’ll tell you at 11:00 PM tonight

16. SteelToe

SteelToe New Member

Sep 19, 2023
    Generally speaking I’d say level 7 concern. He does hit a throw or two during the game but he also missed quite a few. He doesn’t lead receivers and for some odd reason ran straight into the defender during the 3rd and 2 play in the 4th. That was just poor decision making on top of weak line play.

17. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Every week a game like this happens will add half a point. So now I'm at 7.5 on the scale. Pray I don't go to 8 next week.

18. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    I'm guessing your at an 11?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    OK. Waiting to hear your opinion on tonight's game.

I just don't understand how Pickett got so bad, so fast.

21. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Update: My concern is now an 11.

22. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Makes zero sense. The organization didn't think he had the potential to be a franchise QB but they drafted him in the first? True enough I think most fans weren't buying the kool-aid, but the Steeler brass certainly were (inexplicably imo).

2) no one has 26 years to wait on another franchise QB. Some of us will probably be done tomorrow....and today's is way too "what have you done for me lately"...to have an attitude like that. They say that worked for the Denver Nuggets and their coach, but their young stars were showing way more promise and year to year improvement where the fans, front office and media could see their rise coming. Plus they were drafting well and doing a great job of bringing in roll players.

Steelers are drafting badly and its happening in the early rounds not the late ones. Many of us would say they've struck out on 6 of the last 7 first rd picks starting with Artie Burns. Tj Watt has been the only solid first rd pick they've had in that time. Minkah gets a pass as a solid trade...but who knows how they would have screwed up that pick had they kept it.

I can't even think of the last time they brought in someone who was real solid, but still in their prime. It's just been a revolving door of so/so to subpar talent. We thought Khan was doing the most with his off-season moves as far as free agency. Have we seen anyone jump off the page yet??

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Part of that is the receiver’s precision

But if you are old enough to remember Dan Fouts was a master at throwing to no where and having a receiver suddenly turn to the right spot

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I give the o line a higher number than Kenny

I gave Canada a higher number than both of those two put together

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re