1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On a scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about Pickett's play going forward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 11, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He sucked before Sunday. LoL Still doesn't change the fact there was plays to be had. LoL

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So…I think we agree on both of those points, lol. Canada sucks and Kenny missed some plays. Where we seem to disagree is that Canada bears no blame for that debacle on Sunday. We can agree to disagree there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. You are persistent....LoL. I will give You that. No I believe everyone on the team, coaching the team, and even people related to people that are on the team .....should be blamed....I just believe KFP should hold the biggest share for this said game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    But NO OTHER OC candidate had given Tomlin's son a full scholarship to a school (MD) when he didn't even deserve one (judging on his stats). So, that was a no brainer, Canada DID give Tomlin's son a full scholarship, so there you go. Tomlin and Rooney still run on the "old boys" network way of doing things. Outdated, yes. Antiquated, yes. But that's how they do things. Get used to it.

5. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018

He looked rattled; however, its the season opener against probably the team that goes to the SB. If he doesnt bounce back then my rating goes up, but for now, I'm not overly worried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Well, FosterMorris appears to be back.

This, btw, would seem off base given that Dino Tomlin received offers from several other schools, including Pitt, Brown, and Army. Besides, Canada was brought in as Maryland's OC/QB coach in 2018 (and happened to serve as their interim HC later that year). It's silly to suggest he had the power to single-handedly dole out scholarships during that time, especially considering the fact that Tomlin would have just been recruited to Maryland around the same time Canada was being brought in himself.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Facts clearly are not your friend. See Thor's post.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    KFP played like warm dog s**t on Sunday.....But with that said his and the teams late game play last season single handedly saved Canada's job...At no point last year or any year Canada has been here has this offense look like a well oiled machine ...I'm not a fire everybody guy, but I have zero confidence this head coach and staff are gonna develop this offense..I'm afraid it's gonna be more of the same till years end and Canada's contract ends.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Eh. Pickett missed DJ 3 times that could have changed the outcome of the game. Thats just 3 plays that jump out at me. He missed more than that.

I don’t believe in Canada but I don’t know what people think he could have done to make Pickett hit open receivers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Tomlin said in presser line played great I thought he had some time but if Tomlin thinks they were great we are screwed

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    One possible reason for Tomlin's comment could be an attempt to build confidence within his team. Publicly criticizing his players could have a detrimental effect on their morale Coaches have access to player grades, game film, and other forms of analysis that we don't. Tomlin may have seen aspects of the line's play that were indeed 'great,' even if they aren't immediately obvious to fans or analysts.

12. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I give my concern an 8. Not because I think Pickett can't be a good QB, but because of the offense he is in. The issues with this offense go back a number of years now, longer than Kenny has been in the league. The O line did a terrible job in both run blocking and pass pro. I don't follow PFF grades, but we had three linemen grade in the 20s in pass pro. That has to mean something. With the inability to establish the run and an oline that can't pass protect effectively, you end up with an offense that has 2 to 3 yard runs and pass attempts that average less than 5 yards. I am not excusing Kenny's bad performance, but I have to say, most QBs would struggle in this offense.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The problem with Canada remains that he does very little schematically to get receivers open, which is the opposite of what we saw from Shanahan and what we see from guys like Reid. That is why Pickens doesn't get the ball enough. He can't do what Johnson does. He's not good at creating separation on his own. They need a coach who is going to help create openings for him and that isn't Canada. Far too often on the first three drives, Pickett dropped back and had nowhere to go with the ball. The misfires started after they were down 17. It was both a poor scheme and poor play by the quarterback, not one or the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I heard that and I thought he was being sarcastic lol

I think he ****s with press sometimes

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    I still think getting thrown down hard and his head hitting the turf made him lose his focus. You'd be crazy to think he didn't have demons in his head for the rest of the game as he was thinking about his past concussions.

16. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    upload_2023-9-14_20-33-20.jpeg

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Could be.... if You go look
    ...they gave KFP a fraction of more time then the 49ers did Purdy....didn't seem to bother Purdy as much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The life of a not yet great Qb....half will say hey He's not great yet, and half will blame everyone under the sky, but the Qb.
    Everyone was to blame for the loss, but KFP should take the biggest slice of the blame pie this time. Nothing more Nothing less.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Pro football rated the line play the worst in the NFL Sunday that’s what 93.7 said anyways

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Awesome..another sight had them at the top 10....see., and that's why I don't chose to believe what others say....I look with My own eyes....there is a actual stat about time, and 49ers had .2 second less time without pressure than the Steelers....why didn't it stop them....are You saying the 49ers line sucks???

21. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    Scoring 17-20 PPG puts us exactly where we were last year: 9-8, just missed the playoffs. It will put us right there once again, only because, once again, our schedule has a real nice line up of cupcakes once again. We will beat the Texans, Colts and Cards, et al to give the "Tomlin never had a losing season" crowd something to cheer about.

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    My initial scale is 1 n 17.

It’s Zero now, We’ll see…

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  23. GtownNCSteeler

GtownNCSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I like Pickett and think he will be a good QB but is he a franchise QB? I don’t see him reaching the level of a QB that can lead a team to a SB. But who knows. I believe this year is a big statement for his career and the first sample was not good. There is a lot of football left so we will see. I just see these other young QB’s that are already a huge factor like Love (GB) and even the young man for the Pats is going to be solid plus he has a great coach which makes a huge difference! I am pulling like hell for Pickett for sure. I don’t want to see this franchise go back to ABB (after bad Bradshaw and BBB (before Big Ben). Those years were some hard years for steeler fans that are old enough to remember those dark days on the gridiron!

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Purdy made the throws he needed to and the running game took care of the rest.

• Agree Agree x 1