1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On a scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about Pickett's play going forward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Thought crossed my mind but I’m a little more concerned than 3.14159265395

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Well, four pages in and it's yet to be clarified whether 1 is 'more' or 'less' concerned, so maybe 3.14159265395 is the new 7.386139.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    STD...read my lips...OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR SUCKS! It was not ALL on him Sunday but he deserves much of the blame. Kenny also SUCKED on Sunday. Tomlin SUCKED on Sunday. The whole dang team SUCKED on Sunday (with the possible exception of TJ). We need a new offensive coordinator ASAP. His style of coordinating an offense does not work in the NFL...PERIOD! Sure there were a couple of incidents where Kenny had a receiver open and just missed him. But the Steelers offense under Matt Suckada is inept and it seems the for the most part the receivers are having to make contested catches with a DB draped all over them. Look at San Fran's offensive schemes. Purdy had receivers who were college open! When is the last time we had a receiver who was college open? DJ comes the closest to that and now the receiver on our roster who has more of an ability than any other to create separation is going to be out for awhile. I know you're not a Canada fan, but I couldn't disagree more with your statement that this game is not on him. He absolutely cannont be absolved for his part in this freaking debacle of an opening game. Nor can Tomlin, nor Kenny, nor the pathetic defense, nor the punter for crying out loud. It was team SUCKAGE all the way around. I think we've got to stop saying it was Kenny and not Canada or Canada and not Kenny, blah, blah, blah. I think the evidence is overwhelming in going on three years now as the Steelers OC that Canada does not know what the crap he's doing! We've failed to score 2 TDs in 14 out of 36 games, the worst TD percentage in the league since he's been the OC. We have ZERO 400 yard games since he's been the OC when every other team has had at least three and nine teams have had ten or more! I agree with what somebody said earlier. It's not either/or. If the Steelers don't do something about their inadequate OC, Kenny's career is going to suffer big time and Tomlin will be complicit in taking a promising career and blowing it up. Do you feel comfortable with Tomlin's and Canada's ability to develop a promising young quarterback?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    To answer that last question, NO!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Are you suggesting Purdy was a late (real late) draft pick because in today's NFL the scouts are looking at NCAA QB's legs as much as their arms?? I think that could be very true now days. As for me I love a mobile QB as long as it's to shake off defenders so he can throw a pass. I am not a fan of the QB who is a RB in disguise.

I want a Mahomes. Damn Chiefs got lucky with that pick.

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The last game kinda reminded me of the Philly debacle in 2008. This team is nowhere that good but one game can be overcome. That being said, I am not very confident in Pickett. Maybe a 4.5

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Agreed. I heard a stat on the radio that the Niners won 90% of their pass rush against the Steelers line.

8. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    A 7, hard to imagine him looking good after looking THAT bad with THAT much work put it.

9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    All everyone talked about was how much work and study time he put in. Unfortunately all that means squat if the game moves too fast for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021

Are people really still defending Matt Canada? :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I'm hoping CA3 but it'll probably be Allen robinson initially

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Seems that way to me. :shrug:

I know it wasn’t all Canada on Sunday but it was A LOT Canada on Sunday. It’s yet to be determined whether or not Kenny can be a successful NFL quarterback, but the verdict is in that Matt Canada is guilty of being an abysmal offensive coordinator! :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Canada is arguably the worst OC in the NFL. The numbers speak for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Fixed it for ya. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Man F**k PFF =pretty f**king fake. I'm not taking their word over my eyes. Moore , and Canada (who I severely don't like) has become a scapegoat for a lot of people.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So read My lips. NOT one person on here can say anything that I haven't said about Canada the day He was hired.....ask anyone that has been on here.....most told Me I was wrong , and now those same people are calling for His head. LoL. Like most the time people are slow because they don't see with their own eyes....they just listen to what others say.....bahhhhhaaa(sheep talk), but I'm telling You there were plays out there Sunday when not just one target was open , but multiple , and it didn't matter because KFP didn't see them, or missed them on the throw. Kyle Shanahan, or Bill Walsh can't fix that...unless a new rule comes out saying the OC can f**king either throw the ball themselves , or they can pause the game ,and go out ,and point out the wide open target.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You people are late on the board. Anyone....ANYONE that was in this board knows I was about the only person that hated the Canada hiring. Ask them....they will tell You this....... I was told I was wrong. Now those same people are calling for His head. All I'm saying is there were plays when we had not just one target open ,but multiple, and KFP either didn't see them, or couldn't hit them. How will a different OC change that, and believe Me
    ...nobody I know has wanted a different OC for longer than I have.

18. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    No I know you don’t like Canada. The question is who the hell does??

• Like Like x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Re-read what I wrote. I said I realize you don’t like Matt Canada. I said there were some plays out there to be made and Kenny missed them. But Canada still SUCKS!

Boy, for someone who doesn’t like Canada you seem to be going out of your way to defend him. He’s a terrible OC and his gameplan and schemes were, for the most part, terrible on Sunday. Take the 4th down play to Muth. Every receiver in the pattern ran to the same depth which created a jumbled mess in the EZ and no one cut their route short at the first down marker. Poor schematics and play design. A hallmark of Canada’s abysmal career.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No. I want Him gone, but if multiple guys are open, and the Qb is not hitting, or seeing them a new OC is not helping at that point. When KFP starts seeing, and hitting open guys....then we worry about getting a better OC so we have even more open, and free plays, but right now it's like a beginner guitar player worrying about owning a 16000 dollar guitar. Just because I was right about Canada doesn't change what I see on the field.

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, you’re absolutely wrong about Canada if you are absolving him of all blame on Sunday. Not saying Kenny played well, but Canada’s gameplan (or lack thereof) is the same old crap we’ve been seeing from him since he was named the Steelers OC.

22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    So..... why replace your sh!tty drummer if your singer sucks too?

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So how does that explain open targets.
    You are like the fans of every organization in the NFL. If a player...especially Qb they like is not working out they blame everyone, and everything on it ,but the player. It's why the Giants gave their Qb a new contract knowing He's not the real deal, and why the Ravens keep making excuses for Lamar after one great year. I on the other hand really like KFP, and hope He succeeds, and I also believe they should keep playing him not only this year, but part of next if not all of next year, but I also don't try tricking myself into what I want to believe. Facts...not feelings.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't. I believe one piece at a time.
    As for a Qb ....if Your Qb is having this much trouble with a system He knows....what do you think will happen when He must learn a new system, and terminology. Since KFP is needed to play this year, and next so we really know what we have...after this year will be soon enough. That gives him all offseason to become acclimated in a different scheme. Especially if He really studies like people on here says He does.

25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve made no secret of the fact that I believe KP has the makings of a very good NFL quarterback. I’ve also said on this board that he’s not there yet and still has a lot to prove. I’m starting to get concerned about his development because I don’t trust Canada or Tomlin to get him to the next level of his development. But all of that is beside the point. In case you haven’t noticed, the point of my previous comments on this thread is that Canada SUCKS and he SUCKED on Sunday, in spite of what you believe.