1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On a scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about Pickett's play going forward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    So you are not a fan of Matt Canada?

You wouldn’t put him in that same class?

:eek:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    5....I am getting a little concerned. I am still leaning toward a game manager type of QB. He has never even thrown more then 1 TD in a game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    If Picket was with 49ers he’s All Pro or Chiefs , Dallas , just about anyone that runs a pro offense but he’s stuck leave it beaver land !

5. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thinking 7 maybe. But for the love of god I just want 2 TD's in 1 effing game. I'll let you throw in a pic if you need. just 2 and a 200 yards or so. Just baby steps man.

For this game against San Fran as bad as it was, if there were another TD early in the second half and that were it. I would probably just stayed at my cautious but optimistic 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    7 based upon his collegiate history...and yes I'm taking into consideration he had 2 different OCs in college. It should be noted in his first two years with each he was average under both. I'm almost expecting the same this year even though I'm hoping still for that 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio. That being said the Steelers will be obligated to start him a third year since they foolishly picked him in the first. He's going to have to be really terrible this year for that not to happen.

The even bigger problem is that if he has an average year (or worse year) that means the team is likely to be average, if not worse, which means the OC is gone. Now you have to decide how long of a leash to give someone who appears to be a slow starter under a new system, or recognize the pattern and move on from him.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    A 9 and if he does the samething against the Browns then a 10!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    5 for me. I’d be more concerned if we had a contending team and we’re just missing great QB play.

That’s not the case with the Steelers though. They have some time to see what they have in Pickett. Even if Pickett plays at an elite level I don’t think they’re winning with the D they currently have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Never thought he was the answer for a franchise. I believe a lot of fans jumped the gun on him. I actually think we will be looking for a QB in the draft sooner then most think.

I've no concern since I never thought he'd be the guy.

Believe I want to be wrong and sure the hell hope so!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably around 3. I'm not concerned after one game, which could have been opening day jitters, a fluke, or being intimidated by SF. But if it happens again, the 3 will go up to 8 or 9.

12. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I agree with 3. He's shown what he can do.

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

blame Tomlin and Rooney, we are witnessing the amateur hour week in and week out. THEY hired and KEPT the clown OC. Canaduh cannot help it that he SUCKS. but the FO keeps him in place....

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah it's crazy how many people want KFP gone or have him as a bust. The first game lol. Honestly he looked like crap but so did everyone else on this team with very few exceptions. Fans seem to have such a short memory. One game does not make a season. KFP will bounce back. He has the skills. We have seen it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Just look at the 2014, 2015 and 2018 seasons. There were several games lost to sub par teams that ended up drafting in the top 10 where the Steelers laid major eggs. And Ben had a major role in those losses.

Steelers just lost to the best team in the NFC.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  16. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Man Dan Moore had a blocking rate of 22.8 last week according to PFF. That’s not going to help Pickett.

Moore was rated dead last of 70+ ranked tackles last week. Pickett was definitely off, but the whole team stunk aside from Watt. Behind early, forced to pass too often, behind an OL that couldn’t block at all. That’s not a recipe for success for any QB.

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    7. Still hasn’t had a breakout game, and playing without jitters I thought was his strength. He looked like prime mason out there and was forcing stuff. Canada will probably kill his career too.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    7. The O-line was getting abused by Niners front 7. Browns have a stout front 7, too. Hope the O-line can start to gel... or this is gonna be a long season. Right now... the trenches are the root of all problems. QB has no time, running game is stalled... can't stop the run on D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Pickett gets a pass until the Steelers get Pickett a real OC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    5. I am concerned but not overly concerned. For an offense to work, it takes 11 individuals to do their jobs for the outcome to be successful. Like cogs in a machine, one fails, the success rate lessens. The team has been f ing around with the OL for a while now and although changes in personnel have come and gone, I haven't seen a positive trend, or an offensive identity established. Coupled with the archaic culture of the organizations handling of unsuccessful coaching, I am preparing myself for a season of more average at best results in 2023 while wondering what it will take for something to change that will make the difference many are anxiously waiting for. In the end, fix the OL, KP is more successful, the running game improves, TOP goes up, the D is not gassed and on the field forever, and we start playing Steelers football once again. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We are doomed.

-AcrisureMustard

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    True, but the difference is that Ben was an established veteran at that point. As poorly as KP played on Sunday, Joe Burrow played worse. But Joe Burrow has proven himself and, like Ben, gets a pass for a bad game.

KP hasn't earned that pass yet, so it's somewhat more concerning given that he completely reverted back beyond the end of last season to his play at the beginning.

For me, the Concern-o-meter would be about a 5.

Sunday didn't wash away all that he did at the end of last season, but it certainly washed away the optimism that he built up durning the pre season. Monday will be telling. Keeping perspective, the 49ers have the best D in the league and will be the toughest they face all season. But the Browns with Schwartz as their DC will certainly be a top 10 D if not top 5 by seasons end. Another egg will tick it up a bit, but hang 20+ points on them without looking uncomfortable, jittery, and happy-footed will tick it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    0:cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011