1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Old vs New - What we really want.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jhmiller3, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Some of you may know that gpguy has put up a petition to try and convince steelers.com to 'save' the old booard. I just posted there that maybe what we really want (need) is to have this new site deemed the "official" site, as long as the same folks that managed (or mis-managed) the old site don't get involved. Would be great is steelers.com just added a link to this board as it seems that TTF has had great luck in drawing most of the old board members to this site.

Here's hoping! :praying:

On a side note, I was donig some message board research (so bored watching the clowns game) and stopped by the Cardinal's board. Fans there are really down on the team; ownership, coaching staff, players, just everything. Most were predicting a Steelers victory. Sad but true for them.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I want nothing to do with that board, why do some have such a hard-on for that place? Because it was "home" for so long? Who cares, it's not the board that's important its the people who are important and most of them are here now. Piss on the old place, they've been pissing on us for years.

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Agreed. Let the old one fade away. This is my official board now! :thumbsup:

4. steelgray

steelgray Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think a lot of people still are unsure. It took me a while to find this because it started out just through pm's.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Shouldn't be a mystery anymore, Ray D is flipping a big ol bird to the mods and posting the link :roflmao:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think they could make this the official board because they would have to censor the heck out of it just because it is the Steelers and the NFL, and they have a reputation to uphold.

If they revamped the official board I will go back, some other teams have great boards. However, there is no excuse for all the problems it has had over the years...but as of now I am here for good.

I seriously think they have abandoned the official board...it is no longer linked to the home page. The real reason I think they took the board down is cause of last year, when Ben and Holmes were in the media. Ben had a potential lawsuit on their hands and had to delete a bunch of threads, they probably figured it wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

Maybe RayD can sell this board to the Rooney's and make some dough....HA!!!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Forget trying to make this the official board and concentrate on having the Steelers let gpguy work on the offensive line next.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea it's a good feeling to be here, high and dry and not smelling like piss anymore LOL

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, that would a good petition to start. Or better yet, how about a fire Bruce Arians petition, or a Fire Bruce Arians website, or facebook page.... wait.... nevermind....

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought the same thing. This site is perfect, and it has all the people from the official site, so why shouldn't this be the official site? It would be awesome if they posted a link and this became the official site.

But the truth is, they would never associate themselves with something they have no control over. Everyone with a pair of eyes knows that TTF is completely on the ball and runs an excellent, appropriate site, but if they don't know him and he doesn't work for them, they won't hook up with him.

That's WHY they dropped the message board from the website. Because they knew it was a piece of poop and didn't want any part of it. They didn't want to check in on it or upgrade it. They were just too lazy to change the sign at the top that said "Official Site of the Pittsburgh Steelers." Mostly, they really just do not care about the fans' online experience, even if it did affect revenue in some way (I'm sure any difference it does make is microscopic to them, but it's still just bad business!). They never bothered to explain what was going on, EVER. Whether you get banned, or posts are removed, or the site is removed or goes down. They don't care.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    BTW, have any of you ever clicked on the link at the bottom of the page over there? © Pittsburgh Steelers 2009. powered by Network Applications. It takes you here: http://www.networkapplications.net/
    It looks like some Point of Sale (POS) systems that this outfit sells or installs or something or other.

Kind of ironic that the outfit that created the "official" Steelers MB sells POS. They sure got that right, cause it is a gigantic POS!

12. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still think there are some old regulars that cannot even find the old official MB. Haven't seen a few regulars around at all this year (like Kevdude with the "fire BA immediately sig!") :yeehaw:

13. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here is what I don't get....

What makes the old board such a wonderful place?

I just don't get it. Yep, it is/was associated with the Steelers, but that is it. Not managed, no one in management cares, so why is there such a blood letting over moving to a new board that is more vibrant and better maintained?

I just don't get the importance some place on the old board.

Time to move on.

rutan

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    should we post a topic on the old mb saying come to thesteelersfans.com mb ,we are all here ? a title of the topic could be "hey there is a board working overthere "
    maybe we need to be more direct we can