1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We had to pass 50 + times against the Jags, Because we couldn't run behind arguably one of the best lines...Derrick Henry ( who is rotten ) has 219 yards rushing and 4 TD's right now

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Derrick Henry really is not rotten at all. The issue was the scheme he was being used in. At Alabama, he excelled in stretch runs, counters and pitches. He was rarely used as an running back who could smash in between the tackles.

Tennessee opted to use him incorrectly early in his career. Now that he is being used right, look for him to continue to have quality games. Not ones like tonight but quality games.

One final aspect; Tennessee is Jacksonville's rival. They play each other far more than Pittsburgh plays either or.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He really hasn't been used that much in his pro career either. He probably had more carries in his Heisman year at Alabama than he's had in 3 seasons for the Titans.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    395 carries his last year at Alabama to 431 so far in the pros. I was close...

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Titans also have beaten Jax 5 out of the last 6

6. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I see our O line as great pass blockers and very good run blockers when they are pulling but I think they struggle against stout DT's . They are very good when they use their athleticism on sweeps and pulling on traps but they are not road grader types that can just over power some of the better defensive lines.

I disagree that Henry is not a good back his 99 yard run last night wasn't just a break the line and go he fought off a DB and two LB's. Maybe they haven't used him properly, he was very good at Alabama. If he was to come available I wouldn't mind him in black and gold for the right price.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Our OL proves it’s mett when they commit to running the ball. Hasn’t happened lately.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Derrick Henry is an OK running back, Jacksonville just plain ole quit playing defense the
    other night. Tennessee could benefit by using both runners in Dion Lewis and Henry.

Getting back to our OL, you can't tell me these guys can't run block. OL thrive on
    pancaking people it is in OL mentality since they started playing football.
    It is a shame our run pass ratio is so far out of whack, it will be the demise of our current season
    if not already.

• Agree Agree x 1