1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing I have looked up supports that other than that hack video from youtube that you posted which was full of lies. She did have broken bones, she did have her jaw wired shut, she didnt wait two years to release the video, his representatives petitioned for that to be released, she's not a whale weighing 200lbs that hits like a man, she weighs around 130lbs. The guy in that video is as big an ******* and scum bag as Mixon.

Bottomline, he followed her into the cafe and decked her. Thats what we know for sure. There was no reason to go in after her.

Would love for this kid to not even be drafted. Someone will though, football skills before whats right and wrong.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This video is pure garbage. Trying to explain away what we all saw on that tape by blaming it on the woman who got decked and badly injured. It's frankly disgusting the way the "unbiased" purveyor of "news" does nothing but paint Mixon as the victim of this horrible drunk, high girl.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just saying if we are working him out there might be more to the story. thats all. if she spit in his face that i have a problem with. i don't know i wasn't there. :cool:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, if she spit in his face, spit back - or do something else equally tacky. Pummeling her in the face like he did was disgusting. There's NO excuse short of her pulling a deadly weapon on him, which as we see in the video did not happen. He's a punk thug, and needs to not be a Steeler.

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I don't know the whole story, but the bottom line is that the rb pool this yr. is far too deep in this draft to take a chance on bringing drama to the team

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm in no way wanting us to draft the kid, just surprised we went to work him out. :cool:

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think we went to work out Samaje Perrine, Mixon's backfield mate. Mixon was just there.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ahhh. i see. :cool:

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    With KW getting the boot again...it looks like back up RB just got a little higher on the draft board. Probably looking at comp. 3rd or 4th the latest. Like Perrine around that spot...

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The report I saw said Saxson was working Mixon through various drills. But he could have been doing that for both and all the observers saw was Mixon since he's the guy with the story.. The short video I saw, Saxson was working out Mixon, but they didn't show any Perine workouts. All 32 teams were represented, so more than likely Pittsburgh's interest was mostly for the RBs. Probably a due diligence, nothing to see here scenario

11. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I would guess it's the same reason Ray Rice never got another shot in the league but Greg Hardy did.... video caught him in the act.

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Just revisiting Joe as I got bored last night and decided to watch some tape on him.

The second I saw his incident video I immediately crossed him off my list as I just assumed no team would be willing to draft him. As time has passed it seems some teams have made peace with that incident. I personally wouldn't touch him as there is no way I can try to justify drafting him to a fan base.

I had casually seen him during the season. The game that I remember vividly was the Texas game. He did not stand out at all. Turns out that was his worst game of the year.

After watching tape, I probably would consider him one of the top RB talents. His pro day from what I read was nothing short of spectacular.

Whatever team drafts him is going to come under heavy fire. It's going to take some stones to pull the trigger on him. I do think he will pay immediate dividends.

I think he now goes in the second round.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just say no, and move on to James Conner in the 4th or 5th will
    be just fine to back up Le'vean and our other Rb's. Joe can go beat another women
    up in another city.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Mixon is on the board at #62 take him, that's a steal. The Steelers can deal with the backlash, look at the Mike Vick signing.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Id be so pissed if they take a RB in rd 2. Especially him.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He has Bell's skill set, he also is big and fast catches the ball well and can be a KR. The Steelers players aren't choirboys, what Mixon did was disgraceful he's going to get a second chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh God, not this again :noose:

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I really don't care that much about that, the Steelers were looking at Samaji Perrine and James Conner and neither one was too involved in the passing game I believe. Just find a RB who can run the ball, and is more talented than Touissant.

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The only thing is Vick did his time. Mixon more or less got off scot free.

There's no denying Mixon's skill level. He is going to make an impact in the NFL.

As a GM I would not want anything to do with having to defend his actions to my fan base.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There's no way the Steelers take him. If he didn't deck that girl in the face on video, he's an easy first rounder, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If Alvin Kamara is there in the second for the taking, that would be hard to pass though. I would prefer defense for sure, but that guy has some crazy balance...

74 receps in two years at Tenn. Bell had 78 in 3 years so there's that....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Its a luxury, theres absolutely no way they can spend a 2nd rd pick on a RB. Too many guys you can get late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Never say never :shrug:

24. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    What are we Cincinnati? You don't draft guys like this. He's trouble. Either real or perceived. There are plenty of good kids to draft who don't have this kind of baggage. Make life easier on yourself by avoiding people like this. Hey, if he goes somewhere else and becomes a good player with no further incidents, good for him and his team. But people who are already in, or will definitely soon be in the NFL, and are too stupid not to completely blow it for themselves, don't typically just turn it all around and become model citizens. Just say no.

25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah. Way too many other needs. Bell is the best player on our team not named AB. No way we pick up a RB that early. Not unless we're dead set on letting Bell walk (which would be asinine levels of dumb).

Mixon is extremely talented despite the baggage. Let someone else pick that up while we snag a pass rusher or defensive back.