1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay... the Cleveland rivalry is back on

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    It's safe to say Cleveland has been elevated from funny joke back to hated opponent. Our rematch on December 1st is far and away the number one revenge game. Let's be absolutely clear, this has nothing to do with the result of the game. It's about how they played this game.

Head hunting.

There were at least 5 times during the night that Cleveland defenders were taking helmet-to-helmet shots at our receivers (aka illegal or "dirty" hits). As a result of this savage style of play we lost two receivers. JuJu Smith-Schuster left after being concussed and Diontae Johnson had blood coming out of his ears.

[​IMG]

Damarious Randall was ejected for this hit on Johnson.

As for the guy who knocked out Juju, well these were his thoughts...

This is who the Cleveland Browns are, just as much of a "criminal element" as Chuck Noll described the Raiders of the 70's but without any of the success. You can blame Freddy Kitchens, he set the tone for his guys. If dirty is how this guy is going to coach then he shouldn't be surprised when his message gets carried away to the infamous helmet hit we've all seen 100 times at this point.

I CAN'T WAIT for the Browns to come to Heinz Field on December 1st and get an icy reception from our fans. And no, I don't want to see any of their players hurt in retaliation. I just want to see the Steelers light up the scoreboard and send those dawgs back up the turnpike with their tail between their legs just as always.

But don't take it from me, take it from noted Steelers critic Colin Cowherd...

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Attached Files:

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    They will never win a super bowl that is what they are

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The sad reality is that the December 1 grudge match will require the Steelers to have someone capable of running the ball, someone capable of catching the ball, someone capable of throwing the ball and most important, several someones capable of blocking to make any of the above happen. Not worried about the D - but they can't be expected to save every game when the ball is turned over so many times. We can certainly hope, but not sure that will help much. Crow stew on hold though, just in case. ;)

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The rivalry never left NE Ohio.For us steeler
    fans it moved 5 hrs south to the charm city.

6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It's now the same kind of personal rivalry we have with the Bengals. Horrible cities, horrible organization, horrible fans, and dirty bush league players. The Ravens are probably more of a legit rivalry because they haven't been the joke of the NFL for the past 20 years and they usually bring it. I'd like to say the Patriots are our #1 rivalry but since Bellicheat has basically owned Mike Tomlin not sure we can say that...the Patriots think we are a joke much like we think the Browns and Bengals are a joke.

I hate to say this but the Browns are probably going to come into Pittsburgh and humiliate us even further. Not sure what will be more embarrassing...this last loss or selling the game like it's gonna be a revenge match only to get our asses whooped again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We won’t get swept by Cleveland. When was the last time that happened

• Like Like x 1
  8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I hope you are right. I sure the hell wouldn't put any money on us winning but I hope you are right. I hope it's total domination by the steelers but lets be honest, this team is a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah no domination lol and yes we are a mess

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Go 'lers and everyone else.

I said this in my "Bully" thread. Other teams envy our historical reputation as the "Baddest Bully on the Block". However, we always were able to do it within the confines of the game. A few years ago it was the Bungles and Burfict. We will always have a bullseye on our backs because of the legendary Bully status that we created. However, we were always able to keep it within the parameters of the rules and.... win rings. STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid