1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok. That was just cruel

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Dec 17, 2017.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I mean, c'mon. I know we have the most Lombardi's and all, but what do the football gods have against us when we play Pats?

That game may be second only to the 3 yards short in AFCC for most gut wrenching lose I can remember.

Oh well, all will be well when we beat them in the AFCC!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm going to say this from how I'm feeling now (and remember I live in Patriots country). I am almost always the optimist here and the team has given me so many thrills, I pretty much give them a free pass for life.

But I've never ever felt as bad after a loss, as I do right now. Aside from the 2 Super Bowls lost- neither of which I thought they could win going in- the others that compare in 45 years are a 1976 loss to Oakland in which they blew a 14 point lead with just a few minutes left, and a 6-0 loss to Houston in 1980 which ended the dynasty. The loss to the Chargers in the AFC title game was bad too.

But right now, this feels like the worst. Rock bottom. I believe this is it for a great 2017 squad. We won't see Antonio again this season, I fear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Reports are saying he will be back for playoffs. That said, we have 2 games to win to get a bye.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I live in Ravens country it's going to be even worse tomorrow hearing those mouth breathers. They know for a fact they were all once Steeler fans in Baltimore, MD when the Colts got smart and left town. Yeah I know a few Patriots fans as well. Oh and trust me they have no idea who Ben Coates or Drew Bledsoe were!

5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

I think they could win those last 2 games again with Limas Sweed (and they may have to) at WR, but it just feels like all the air got sucked out of the season.

6. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Sorry about the double posts. Bad hotel wifi

7. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Nah, come on. AB is going to be back for the playoffs. The next two games are against horrible teams. I don't rule out a loss next week but they *should* handle both of those teams with ease. That's a 13-3 season if they do their job.

This loss definitely sucks but it is a regular season game. If this were a playoff loss or one that knocked them out of the playoffs I would be with you. But there is a long way to go.

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I never wish injury on players.

I hope NE's plane crashes... and that officiating crew is on it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Oh the refs are on that plane because they're in the Patriots' pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Nothing gets by you. ;)

11. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    I'd add I hope it crashes into Baltimore. No one would get rescued because they'd never be able to tell which part of that ***hole the plane hit!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jags raisins pats eagles saints panthers cowboys falcons chargers bills chiefs pats all stand in the way of #7