1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok. AB has really got to grow up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 2, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Idiots bring race into every discussion. They are automatically disqualified for further discussion with me.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    AB will go to the doctor and be diagnosed with "Terrell Owens syndrome"
    How long until we see Brown, on the sideline, screaming. "I love me some ME!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol: the title of this thread is hilarious

4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    We probably haven't heard even half of it yet.

Wait until AB gets traded then the crap will really start coming out.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He's an NFL analyst who played with Brown and played for Tomlin. He is and should be one of the first analysts people go to for an opinion on Brown. I don't know why this is even a question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So then you do care? You said you could care less, so that means it has some importance to you.

The phrase you were probably looking for was that you couldn't care less.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This type of logic is just ridiculous. Brown is one of the top 20 players in the NFL. The team will be weaker without him. That you don't like the guy doesn't change that fact. I don't like the guy, either, but I understand what he brings to the team on the field.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree and he's right about brown honestly. It was harsh criticism that he didnt have to day how he said it but he did tell the truth. He did engage in a little hyperbole calling him a "monster" but I cant defend AB. I defended leveon to the death but AB's situation is just indefensible. But he's also not 100% at fault. I blame Ben,Tomlin, and the organization for how he acts because they enabled a lot of his other outbursts and problems.

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought T.O was far worse and he was my actual favorite player when I first started watching football. He completely tore apart 3 teams.

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Football isn't necessarily about having the top player at a specific position. If it was that simple, NE wouldn't have been in the SB as many times as they were because they've had a fairly weak roster. Other than Randy Moss, most of their playmakers have been pretty average. Atlanta with Julio hasn't been able to get it done. Cinci with AJG can barely make the playoffs most years. NYG with 1 of the best WR's and 1 of the best RB's in the league can't make the playoffs.

There's more than one way to build a team. Having a top 20 player at WR isn't necessary to win, especially when we already have a great option with Juju. It all depends on what we could get in return.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Atlanta has other problems, but until this season, they didn't have another consistent target to go with Jones. What makes the Steelers so dangerous is having Brown and Smith-Schuster. Having just one standout receiver makes it too easy to just double-team that one guy, as the Bengals did with Smith-Schuster in the season finale.

Of course, it is possible to win without Brown, but the team is better off with him.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    like I said, it depends what we can get for him. Besides, if he's going to cause issues on and off the field, then he's not really going to help us a whole lot, despite his abilities. He's also over 30 so he's not young for an NFL player. WR's tend to hit the wall hard after 30.

Philly, NE and Seattle didn't have top WR's when they won the SB. Denver did of course, but we all know they didn't win due to their offence. Manning was terrible that year. Denver won due to their defence.

With Brown, we didn't make the playoffs. Perhaps it's time to try a different approach and get some playmakers on defence. Trading Brown could net us a defensive stud. It sure helped Chicago getting Mack, although Nagy is a huge reason they took the next step.

13. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hope JuJu doesn’t turn out like this. Only time will tell.

14. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I don't disagree which is why I wrote that what he did was unacceptable. And yeah, he has a history of acting like an idiot. I'm just saying the knee-jerk reaction of "Trade him now!" is premature.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Is AB worth the hassel:

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell has his rap career to fall back on :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1