1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Officicial Game Day Thread Pittburgh at New Orleans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by zcoop, Dec 23, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Food poisoning or flu + this season lol

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I actually thought the ball was tipped very slightly, but tipped nonetheless.
    It’s easy for an official to miss something like that in real time. Really on stuff like that you should have the option to challenge.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well supposedly it was reviewed under the 2 minute rule of automatic booth reviews. With all the other blatant missed calls I wouldn't expect them to A-get it right and B-want to get it right.

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The player shouldve communicated with the coach said that I touched the ball

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I didn’t think under the rules that it was something that could be reviewed?

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He very well may have. Tuitt said on Twitter he tipped it. We don't have the same advantage of replays like the home team does. We couldn't challenge it anyway inside of 2 minutes. Supposedly there was a booth review and their determination I guess was on par with the narrative the refs were choosing to go with.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm pretty sure I can be and I read somewhere it actually was. Someone else mentioned something similar in the Chiefs game last night and it was reviewed and overturned. I didn't see that play myself maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea that was reviewable.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No doubt in my mind that JuJu was trying to win the game. Keep your head up JuJu, we love what you bring to the table.

10. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I have to say I don't understand you at all. You've said you want Tomlin gone but then you defend him to the point of getting angry with me because you don't agree with my opinion. My whole point about the 13-3 vs 9-7 was just to further illustrate that Tomlin's teams struggle against bad teams and that they are just as likely to lose them as win them as this year shows and that this is a pattern with him. Truly good coaches don't allow the lapses that we've had for almost his whole career to happen. I called you a cheerleader because you seem to be defending it. If you find that as disrespectful as insulting someone's intelligence then I just don't know how to respond to that. Like I said, you've said you want Tomlin gone so I don't know why you're defending this. As far as the Rooney Rule goes, there's no way to know whether the Rooneys are thinking about that when they evaluate Tomlin's future or not. I happen to believe it does. You don't agree which is fine. There's no reason to get uncivil about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes you can, they turned the ball over 6 times in the Cleveland tie, they turned the ball over 4 times against Denver, including Ben throwing a int on the last play in the endzone. On the Raiders loss coaching played a role though.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It looked like JuJu had a chance to run out of bounds, instead of after the catch running up the middle.

13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Hey man, this is a family site!

14. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    His right foot dragged into the white (OOB) before his left foot touched down.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That was quite a bit of wrong in a short post.

To start with, I'm not angry. Secondly, I'm not defending Tomlin. I'm saying your point about the Rooney Rule protecting him is ridiculous.

If you don't like posts that question your intellect, try demonstrating some intellectual capacity when you post.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He caught it in the middle of the field. I don't think that is true at all.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's an engineering term. ;+)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody was near the sideline, if he headed that way, it seemed like there was a opportunity.

19. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Hey man, this is a family site!

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sometimes, the Manson family!