1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official was asked about the Boz hit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Oct 31, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    People need to remember who the Official was; Shawn Hochuli. That should tell you all you need to know. Like father, like son.

The Hochuli family is obsessed with their image and little else. Keep in mind that this is not the first time Shawn has elected to bring forth himself to attempt to change the outcome of the game. Coincidentally... the last violent hit of this magnitude occurred in 2019.

This is a known fact that Shawn is very much like his father. The only difference is that while Ed was more subtle in terms of attention, Shawn straight up does not give a damn. Regardless, I do agree with the OP that, at some point, these Officials be held accountable for their actions as 2021 is definitely one of the worst years for Officiating since 2017

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, TJ falling around/on Minefield was no where near the shot in the face with a helmet and concussion. I don't agree with this targeting BS but that hit on Boz is what I would think the rule was intended for. Defenseless player exposed and a helmet to the chin area. The officiating is so bad anymore its hard to know what is going on. Our def nose guard was called for holding but the replay looked as it the OL tackled our guy but we get the flag? Lower quality officials, lower quality officiating. Plain and simple. Terrible impact it had for us also. I am wondering again about whether we wasted a draft pick on our punter. In the most important part of the game he launches a massive 34 yarder setting up CLE was great field position to go down for the lead and he can't kick a freaking football and it stay inbounds giving CLE 1st at the 40. So, was Berry able to kick if he had to? I don't know just wondering. If we have no one to kick other than our rookie phenom, I find that disturbing. I think its easier for a kicker to punt vs the other way around. But we won and hope we figure this out if happens again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Both Hochuli's suck. My philosophy is that if you know who these guys are, then something is wrong as they are usually in the news for poor performance.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Could you imagine if TB was horse collar tackled like his team did to Jameis Winston?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    So leading with the crown of the helmet to his neckline and jaw didn't rise to what an unnecessary roughing penalty? It was a blown call and they missed it clearer than day, I saw it immediately prior to showing the replay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I knew that name was familiar :facepalm:

As Hog said, if you can remember an officials name, it’s probably a bad thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The entire game was poorly officiated. There were some missed calls against the Steelers, too. Hell, I was surprised they didn't flag Fitzpatrick on that fourth-down pass that Landry dropped.

That said, picking up the flag on the roughing the passer and missing the hit to Boswell's head were egregious errors, the sort that not only affect the outcome, but also endanger players on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    That doesn't look too late. If he hit him in the helmet, sure, but he's there just before the ball is released according to that pic.

9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It
    it was a terrible call that pro coaches don’t usually make. It was shockingly bad. That said Tomlin deserves props for the game plan and preparation to win this game. I liked most everything I saw but this decision. It over shadowed everything else because it was so stupid.

• Like Like x 1