1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Terrible Towel Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rutan74, Oct 20, 2011.

1. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is the official Terrible Towel thread.

Post if you have an interesting story about the Towel, or post a picture of the towel as it appears all over the world.

Let me just say that recently a guy I work with who is a non Steeler fan and who is studying for his MBA, comes to me and tells me about his class project. The project involved the NFL and what it means to people and then relate that to business. He asked me if I would give him some input.

Thought about it and came up with the Terrible Towel story. What better icon is there in sports than the Terrible Towel and its story both in the professional world and the charity world. I searched the Internet and found a bunch of towel pictures taken all over the world and a few at Heinz field. I gave him the story of the Towel and 10 pictures. He was skeptical of course and since he was not a Steeler fan, he didn't have a clue as to the history of the Towel. I clued him in. He laughed......thought it was kinda korny. He still had to put it all together and present it at this class.

Well, a few weeks ago he came to me and said we got an "A" on the project.....the Towel stirkes again!

So, post those Towel pictures!

rutan

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've burnt 2 Terrible Towels. Both after a Superbowl loss. I feel that towel has lost it's mojo, and I have to remove the taint.

My original Terrible Towel that's going on 35 years old now, still exists, but I no longer wave it. It is retired to a place of honor. Besides, if I wave it, it may fall apart. Terry cloth wasn't made to last.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Dang Ray, you're hardcore. I thought I was bad sleeping with my TT before big games... ;-)

4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. I don't know about hardcore. Superstitious maybe.

5. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Question: How do you heal the damage if someone moves the Terrible Towel in your house from its proper place?? Need to know before Steelers/Cards game.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know how interesting it is but, the last time the Steelers played here in S.D. a Charger "fan" stole my TT off my shoulder between quarters. When I told my nephew, (BIG Charger fan), about it he was amazed that we buy these towels. I told him that it's an investment as well as a contribution to a good cause and not some cheap stadium giveaway that the Charger "fans" get at the turnstile a couple times a year.

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    my Rottie guards it

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    And you didn't shoot your nephew in his pinky toe and tell him to get your towel back from that theiving bolts fan, or you'd shoot the other one off?
    Joke guys

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, he wasn't at that game. That kind of behavior is why I didn't take my lucky towel. I just feel better knowing that the guy who took it will have to wait for another giveaway in an attempt to sell out to get himself an "official San Diego Chokers" towel. And the fact that his team will never win a significant game! :herewego!:

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    The only way anyone is getting my towel is when they can pry it from my cold dead hands!!! :yeehaw:

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was gonna ask how he managed to take it without pulling back a stump where his hand was. :lolol: Smart thinking not bringing the lucky one out with you.

:herewego:

12. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah they would have had to kick me out of the stadium if someone tried that with me.

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    You chase him down and get your towel back,,,or die trying!!!!!!

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So you're saying the only way to remove a taint is to burn it? Sounds painful. :blink:

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Not that kind of taint. :doh: :roflmao: