1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Jags gameday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 29, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hahahhaha. LoL.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  3. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Surtain and crew are balling

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
  5. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Price for Surtain just went higher.

Bengals are back.

6. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Purdy stinks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Its wild because as a fan Im pissed about the poor job but for a player to go off like this.

8. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Mahommes just got beat up.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I had a good time with my squaw today at heinz. Left the stadium soaked and pissed but in general had a good time. On the T headed home I pondered what the F would this staff do for a Klondike bar?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Najee>Rashard Spinandfall

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Purdy threw 2 more fourth quarter picks today. He has totally fallen off the cliff the last 3 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Me too. Just thinking out loud but maybe between the play calls and style of oline we run...Najee may not be a perfect fit for Canada. Just a thought and observation on why he hasnt become King Henry

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I said it earlier in the season it would've been nice to play the Bengals in one of those first three games when Burrow was struggling, now the Bengals look good, at least the Browns lost today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Steelers Vs Cleveland fighting for the basement. Good times.

15. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Will Levi’s is gonna light them up for 6 TDs

16. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Bengals , Ravens, Bills , Chiefs , Dolphins are locks

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    So you think that is actually meat in there

18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

It's amazing what happens to quarterbacks when they don't execute, the offensive line doesn't block well, and the team makes a ton of mistakes.

So many here want everyone to think everything is on Kenny Pickett. Watch Patrick Mahomes today. He's the best QB on the planet, yet he looked a lot like a Steelers quarterback today.

What is going on around the quarterback matters. It doesn't matter how good your quarterback is when everything else is a $hit show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Every team, and ,or Qb has a bad day. It's how do those days average out all together. If You look at every bad offense throughout the NFL history, and I'm not talking about a game here , or there. Only one thing is alway the same. Qb is a rookie, the Qb is not very good , or the Qb is at the end of their careers. Go look at all the worst Offenses ever. Those are the only thing in common. Not coaches, or not teams....it always Qbs in some form

• Like Like x 1
  20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

That's not true. Matt Canada's offense has made every single quarterback look horrible over the last 3 seasons. It made Ben look mediocre, and it made everyone else look downright horrible. I guess there's a first time for everything! :lolol:

Canada's system makes it hard to play quarterback. Many of his concepts are terrible. His route combinations and spacing isn't very good. He isn't creative at all and his plays are easily recognized and defeated. On top of that, the offensive line play is atrocious. The OL can't even hold up when defenses rush 4. Pickett has faced as few blitzes as anybody in the NFL because defenses can get to him with 4 rushers and drop everyone in coverage. That is a problem when a young quarterback faces heavy pressure against more coverage.

When Pickett is blitzed, there is often no hot route available to the quarterback. All the receivers are running down the field with their backs to Pickett and he has nowhere to throw the ball. That is an impossible situation for a quarterback. It is not possible to succeed in that design or with that lack of coaching, period. It cannot work.

The team also can't run the football, and they have altered some of the blocking schemes after the regular season started because the players couldn't execute the scheme properly. Is it all on the players? I don't think it is. The coaching is terrible on so many levels and in so many areas that it is difficult to list them all.

I am not posting this to pick on you or call you out. But I know you say you watch game tapes or watch games multiple times to look for things. I have a pretty good grasp of football, and what I posted above here is happening.....all of it. When you watch film and breakdown the designs of the offense, the concepts in general, and the performance of the OL and the embarrassing protections that are allowing free rushers to truck Pickett on plays when they have the numbers to block them. This stuff is happening all the time. Then people wonder why Pickett sometimes bails too early sometimes. It's because he doesn't trust his protection. He is getting killed on plays when they should have him protected, yet his is getting blasted by a free rusher that the OL, tight ends, and backs didn't even attempt to block.

Watch all the plays where Pickett is blitzed and explain to me how it is possible in an NFL offense to not have hot routes built into plays every single time there is a blitz. Go watch the film and see how often that happens against the blitz. It is inexcusable and it is not NFL level coaching. Hell, it isn't even high college level play structure and built-in security for your quarterback.

If there are hot routes built into every play when they are blitzed, then why isn't it happening on the field? Either way, it's a coaching issue.

This stuff is undeniable, and you can't get around the fact that coaching needs to address the problems that keep happening on the field that make it harder to play quarterback. So I ask again. Where is the coaching?

Again, you say you watch this stuff too. You have to be seeing at least some of what I am seeing. It's there.

And if it's there, then you know this isn't all on Pickett. Not even close.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you don't trust them, we could always use the evaluation of Rudolph by every other team in the league when he was a free agent this past offseason. They could have had him cheap and nobody wanted him, not even as a No. 2 quarterback.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Try anyone who actually looks at entire careers rather than cherry-picking just the period of time that fits their argument. The entire NFL had the opportunity to sign Rudolph as a backup quarterback this past offseason and they all found him wanting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Losing one of the best safeties in the league made a difference, too.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers do not have a receiver as good as Tyreek Hill and Levis isn't close to Tagovailoa. You do love making yourself look foolish with these ridiculous takes.

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Who?