1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Chiefs game day thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 16, 2018.

1. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I would say being prepared to play the game equals being coached during the week, so for me the common denominator is our stellar coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    After game 3 of the pre-season Ben said our secondary was going to lead the way this year. true story!!

Our defense is going to be the problem this season for sure:(

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Exactly I would say it would take 2 or 3 sub .500 performances before it would even be considered.

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm sure as the season goes on they will get better I'm not gonna get my hopes up until after the bye!!!!

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I said b4 the season started we woul;d go 19-0 or 6-10, (sadly its looking like a loosing season ) If the Rooney's cant see that Tomlin is the major factor in loosing, then their in denial

6. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I agree, get Butler out, bring in someone with some fire. If it don't work, can him and Tomlin and shake it up.

7. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    What is wrong with AB, by the way? He looks meh. Juju has been the spark plug

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If you told me at the end of the first qtr this would be close at the end (at least on the scoreboard) in spite of KC doubling their points, I'd say you were disillusion. I still might but so are most of the rest of us at this point. Reel Steel is looking like Nostradamus right now. Probably time to start up Bill Nunn's Draft Room in earnest and shoot for the #1 overall. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin has always been an enigma in that his teams post decent regular season records despite horrible performances every year. But when it comes to playoffs he'll alway be outmatched.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You would think this D would at least be respectable since they have to go up against our O in practice. What the **** do we do at practice? Maybe it's because both units are so predictable so they know each other so well but when we come up against a O different from ours we haven't got a clue....FKBI

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And by gammit, they're already well on their way. :puking2:

12. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Well...at least Ben's elbow seems alright.

• Like Like x 2
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Coach Statue!!!! Shades on arms crossed just chilling, while your teams getting waxed!!!:cool:

14. TomlinSux

Oct 8, 2017
    They are in denial. Sad to say.

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is going to be a long losing season. I'm so depressed

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It isn't just the defense that is a mess right now, either. They couldn't run at all today and Boswell has been awful to this point.

Injuries are a part of it, but I doubt we're seeing Haden any time soon. The Bucs look great on offense so far and they have two stud receivers. They actually had a shot to win both games, but this could get ugly very, very quickly.

17. TomlinSux

Oct 8, 2017
    Don’t go too crazy by calling him “Coach”.:roflmao:

18. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    So who thinks we have a realistic chance of winning a game before the bye week? I don't see it without drastic changes. As it stands, with what we have seen so far, I think we win 1 game, maybe 2 all year (Cleveland at home and Oakland). Things can always change as the Steelers are known for blowing the early season games and then winning just enough to ensure we don't get a high draft pick.

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you. At least the Eagles lost so I don't have to put up with their fans tomorrow.

Probably spend rest of season rooting against the Eagles (I live around them) and Patriots. (I despise Tommy Bratty) That will be my Sunday joy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's a pattern that they are comfortable with rather than upsetting the apple cart. Tomlin's regular season records are enough for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don't get it...KC comes out and goes through us like a hot knife. Guys are confused ,blowing assignments. Then we start to adjust somewhat and Kelce starts killing us. Do we try and bump him to throw off his timing? No.Its like the beginning of every game and every half we have to go through a adjustment period...are we not preparing our guys well enough to recognize different looks? Our preparation on O and D looks horrible especially in the beginning of games. Why are we not prepared and seem to be waiting too long to make adjustments....I blame it on coaching plain and simple.

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This is a good point to raise.

If teams are double/triple covering him, then we should have guys running free all over the place, surely?

I know we're all down on Butler tonight, but what I've seen of Fichtner so far hasn't impressed me in terms of utilising the talent at his disposal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Juat need to win the North.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    While I understand kicking off with 1:59 remaining, that was a mistake. They just shouldn't have trusted the defense.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    At least I got the Jags and Pats this afternoon. I get to root against the Evil Empire AND get to watch a team that plays defense like we used to years ago.

Come to think of it, the Jags look more like what the Steelers are supposed to be than we do. Can we switch players please? LOL.