1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Chargers Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Butler definitely played a big role in the loss last night. Haden should have been following Allen all over the field all game long. They should have made somebody else beat them.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Does anybody remember how many yards Conner gained on the run that was called back by the hold on Foster on the first drive of the second half? I still think that penalty played a huge part in determining the outcome of last night's game. I'm still processing and getting the facts right tends to help me do that.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It was like 20 yards, that was a ticky tack call, the refs call that but miss those 2 calls on the Chargers TDs :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The common statement is that they can call holding on every play if they want, so they look for the most obvious holds or the ones that actually cause play to happen. For example, two Chargers held right in the hole on Jackson's touchdown run. Those are the ones that are usually called, but not in that case.

Foster's hold wasn't so blatant that it had to be called and it had no impact on the play. Conner was already well past Foster and the defender by the time Foster's hand slid up to the top of the guy's shoulder pads, which is what drew the flag.

Technically, it wasn't a bad call, but given the crap the Chargers got away with all night and the fact that it turned the game, it is particularly frustrating. I still think the Steelers win if they score on that drive and they were well within field goal range if that play had been allowed to stand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I watched the first half live, then took a break and watched the second half on GamePass. Being able to fast-forward didn’t help.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's that thing with GamePass when you know the Steelers aren't going to win because of how much time on the video has left to play...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    22 yards.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Now that we have dissected this horrible event to no one's satisfaction, identified all the woes of this weeks game including NFL conspiracy theories, its time to start pulling together for the next game. Too many threads on how we clinched the division or how to get a bye week. We have given the Rats new hope and we need to win real soon or forget about post season play. My how times have changed from a couple of weeks ago. If we can't beat Oakland, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. On to Oakland and to beotch slap Chuckie.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly. Throughout the history of sports all the smart coaches try to take away your best player. Bellichick is famous for it. Teams try to take away AB every single week. Not our coaches though because it is the 11th commandment for us. Though must let LB cover WR....

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What about Mike Hilton? Keenan was in the the slot, that is Hilton's Domain?

That is what I don't understand. I would tell Hilton to shadow Keenan.