1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Chargers Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 2, 2018.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So, you saying we are looking at a 8-7-1 season? Tomlin keeps his streak of mediocrity alive, gets a 4 year extension....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Anytime there’s 2 TD’s directly as a result of non-calls, I think there’s good reason to complain about the refs!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel Vance could have been a bigger factor in this game?

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Bolt! I see what you did there.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Butler really needs to be gone. Should have been gone last year. Chiefs exposed an idiotic scheme they refused to make an adjustment on and did it tonight too. Pure bullheaded stubbornness.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    And with the 26th pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select _____________:mad::mad:

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Was Bostic active? LJ Fort played great, but was playing deep like a safety.

Bostic would have plugged up those runs.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What is done is done. Much like the team, there is no point on harping over what had transpired.

Much like the team, we must soldier on. Complaints are not going to change anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think they will be picking that late. I really think they are missing the playoffs. Hell, they could easily lose to the Raiders next week, especially if they don't have Conner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I know but it should. No coach except maybe Andy Reid gets such a free pass, but at least Reid's teams wait until the playoffs to really suck. Tomlin starts real early then wins just enough to either make the playoffs or avoid a losing season. The media fawns all over him as if he is such a genius coach. He's nothing more than an average to decent coach, but his teams rarely play a full game against anyone. Routinely lose to bad teams. Now it seems like blowing big second half leads are a thing. He's got to go. I don't care at this point that he probably wont, but he needs to and anyone who can still defend this guy after this season...I want some of what they are smoking because I need it to watch this team anymore.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bostic was on the field on the final drive. In fact, he and Davis were the two defenders in the neighborhood when Allen caught the third-down pass before the field goal.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed but why is Tomlin watching it happen. They basically just gave KA the big first down. Bostic was playing 5 yards off the ball with inside leverage just giving KA the easy out for the 1st down. It's inexcusable and it's also happening under Tomlins watch...

13. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Not bolting, but being a fan of the greatest franchise in football history, I have expectations, especially with the talent on offense, and all those first round draft picks on defense. I think the Steelers get out coached a lot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Baffles me that Butler would even consider covering Allen with LBs. He is one of the best receivers in the league. This is why you have CBs on your roster. To cover receivers.

People can ***** about the officiating all they want and with validity but this was a terrible defensive game plan.

NE and NO will chew them up and they will likely lose to Oakland also — road game on the coast against a bad team. That is a tailor made Steeler loss in the Tomlin era.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I don't carry pom poms but I live in California so I'm not in a Steelers market but I have been a fan since '76 and I have a terrible towel, a big Steeler flag, many shirts, one Bradshaw jersey, and Steelers book, and a mini helmet. I drive 35 miles to a sports bar to watch the games that are not televised in my area.

So you have some proof that Tomlin told the special teams to miss tackles and allow the Chargers to return the punt for a TD? Or did you just make it up?

Do you have any proof that Tomlin told Davis to target Haden and blow up his interception in the end zone? Or did you just make that up too?

Do you have any proof that Tomlin told the ref's to miss the calls they did? Or is that something you just made up along with everything else?

Losing the challenges didn't cost us the game.

WR Keenan Allen is a good WR. No one can cover him. Chasing WR's is one of the toughest jobs in all of sports. No one shuts down any good WR's anymore.

This is football. This is the way it's always been and this is the way it's always going to be. It's supposed to be exciting. No team ever plays perfect. No team wins the super bowl year after year after year after year because that's impossible. If you can't handle it then don't watch.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    If only they really did bolt, that would clean up the rif raff.

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If they lose to Oakland they would be better off tanking the rest of the season. We need difference makers that are found towards the top of the draft. If you're not first...you're last.

18. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    He is a great interview, and master of coach speak. He will be a hall of fame.......announcer after his coaching career is over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Yeah, he had that one good pass thrown to him on 3rd down late in the game that he just dropped, would have been a 1st down.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    To sum up what I think happened: The Chargers made adjustments at half time and basically shut our offense down completely while picking our defense apart piece meal. The Steelers did nothing that I am aware of. You have to have intelligent and competent coaching to battle the wits of the other coaching staff. Can someone tell me what, if anything, our coaching staff did to adjust to the changes the Chargers did in the 2nd half? This is bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Someone explain to me how the hell Kieth Butler still has a job? This guys defense gives it up every single year and is the absolute reason we will not win or make it to a SB with this team. Baltimore is going to win the division because it’s two teams going in two directions. They win by DEFENSE. Something the Steelers USED to be known for. Butler needs to be FIRED. We need to get a petition going to get his ass out of Pittsburgh.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t necessarily disagree about getting out coached, but there were several people who said they were done if we lost.
    Well we lost so to them I say Bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder if the league will fine Tomlin for responding to a question about officiating by saying he's going to keep his mouth shut because he has already sent too much money to New York. That sure as hell sounds like a criticism of the officiating.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

I miss these guys,

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That would be nice, but they’re mostly full of it.