1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Chargers Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 2, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Then ben missed a touchdown. That hurt us in the end as well.

2. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Cry babies can't handle losing a game. We've pulled some rabbits out of our hats, this time the other team did it to us. That's football. If you can't handle it, which you obviously can't, then go watch the knitting channel.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Can’t wait for the all-22.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This right here. They have been playing pretty good D but if Butler can't understand how incredibly stupid he is he needs to go tomorrow

5. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Newsflash. They have never cared about winning. The NFL pays nicely for average. There is no need to "win" when you make millions each year but putting out an average product. If they cared about winning Tomlin would have been gone long ago. His teams have performed increasingly poorer over the last couple of years. This is just another episode. You see, they don't even dress a rookie because he missed a catch, yet others screw up incredibly and they do not get benched a la Artie Burns, not to mention Diva Ben and his INT's.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Even more glaring when you consider that it was pointed out by several people across multiple studio shows that it was the way to go. Dungy called it just minutes before kick off. Honestly I'd have given up yards on the outside better percentages of incompletions than Allen running free.

7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    This! Rivers didn't even try to throw it downfield, bc he had no time to. Gotta cover the underneath stuff. Oh well, they haven't for years, they won't change

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Rivers is going to have a 10th kid on the way...…….with Collinsworth! Could Chris have been any more obvious with his Rivers man-love?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    When this team misses the playoffs, Tomlin should be fired. Yes, the players suck, but the unpreparedness, the bad coaching, the sloppiness, the complete lack of any heart they're all just as much on him.

10. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    They don't HAVE to shake the team up and they won't shake the team up. You're not going to get your way with the team. Change is not always good. It ruins teams all over the NFL year after year after year, but you can jump the ship. I'd be very okay with that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Where was Mike Hilton?

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Loser team loser fans lol

13. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    But what irks me is Tomlin, always so stoic, even when the refs are a disgrace. Show some emotion and get your team behind you. Get in your DCs ear and get him to make adjustments, do something other than just stand there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This. Dumb team from top to bottom. Stoopid interceptions in FG range. Stoopid challenges when time outs are vital. Stoopid penalties at crucial times. Not knowing when a ball is a free ball. Stoopid defense on star WR. People manage to double team AB - why can’t we double team anyone?

Just dumb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Quite frankly, they shouldn’t have had that punt return TD.

Several replays show a clear block in the back that allowed him to get free.

I had a sinking feeling then that it was going to come down to some garbage at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I agree on Tomlin. I never wanted him hired and have been against him since his first season, but I guess I wanted to have a little bit more respect for ownership, but believe me, it's dwindling fast.

17. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    That's not going to happen.

18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    2 years ago.
    Take that busted Lebeau stuff with you.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bye

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    He seems like a good candidate for the knitting channel. Something slow and soothing where nothing unexpected ever happens.

21. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well, he saw us covering the wideout with a LB, and that we were getting there with the pass rush somewhat. Just extra blockers, and give Allen time,to get open, because he will, and did, get open.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Not jumping ship...Been a fan for damn near 50 years...But this ****show week after week...year after year is embarrassing...Tomlin has lost NINE challenges in a row, had a ****in LB on Keenan Allen ALL game...YOU can keep carrying the Pom Poms and be a " true " fan...I want/ expect more...COACHING is killing this team

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

????????????

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Spoiled fans. They bolt when the going gets tough.

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm listening to the post-game interview and you can tell Tomlin is furious about the officiating and he has good reason. The holding call on Villanueva was fine, but the one on Foster was a joke and it was huge. The Steelers were rolling again and should have at least gotten a field goal there. I think they win if that drive gets them points.

That said, the Steelers did some incredibly stupid things to lose the game tonight. Number one was the hit by Davis on Haden. No. 2 was probably Haden getting caught off-side on the missed field goal. I don't trust the defense much at that point, but this game should have gone to overtime.

The defensive scheme that put linebackers on Allen all night was a huge mistake. They got away with it some early, but in the end it cost them the game.

• Agree Agree x 1