1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Bills game day thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 15, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Evidently a lot of Steeler fans were “bills” fans last night...:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Like AQL said, age is catching up in a bad way

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think that's a great idea and I mentioned it as a possibility a coupe weeks ago. When they signed Barron I figured he'd be heading back to his natural safety position (I stated it at the time), then move Edmunds closer to the LOS. It just seems like too much responsibility for him deep. Terrell is a physical freak, he just looks uncomfortable most the time.

All speculation on my behalf, of course.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The guy has been great this year and you want to pick on him for one game?

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    TJ is great ... Dupree, is finally, showing what we all have been waiting for. But, dupree is not consistent... better this year but still have disappearing acts

6. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I hear ya.....But it was the most important game of the year so far.....stat sheet 1 tackle...2 assists

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm glad you are coming around on Edmunds, though I wish he wasn't giving you reason. He just keeps hurting the defense. It's possible Barron screwed up on the second touchdown when he tried to pass the tight end off, but Edmunds was incredibly slow to react. That was the only receiver near his zone and he just never got close enough.

The rumor I heard on Edmunds was that he would be outside if they moved him to linebacker, not inside. I'm sure a lot depends on Dupree. If they keep him and still want to move Edmunds to linebacker, then it probably makes sense for Edmunds to move inside with Barron moving on. If they lose Dupree, then perhaps they try to put Barron or Edmunds on the outside. I'm not sure I love either option, but I'd take either of those guys over starting Chickillo.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote about Fichtner, especially that he failed Hodges Sunday night.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He also drew at least one false start and should have had more. The left tackle got away with taking a step before the snap at least twice. The off-sides penalty against Dupree was crap, too.

Bad officiating is not an excuse for the Steelers blowing their chance to win the game, but it was definitely bad Sunday night. They miss the Bills' left tackle taking a full step and setting up early, but call AV for a twitch in his leg. Even that isn't as bad as the bull**** call against Canaday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-g...TJFhEA7CpZQ9SKCtDdwXpEnfCLpq1CDUKfVSgYimmUuV4

I love Heyward's attitude here. He didn't want to hear about the offensive turnovers or other failures. He still put the loss Sunday on the defense. They had the Bills in third and very long on both touchdown drives. They got enough on third-and-18 to go for it on fourth down and convert in the first half, then allowed a third-and-15 conversion on the game-winning touchdown drive. That should not happen at all and certainly not twice in one game. That's the kind of thing that keeps the Steelers from being an elite defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    For the love of god teach him to throw the ball away

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    In the Bills game???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1