1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Bills game day thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 15, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Because AB was right about Ben, 'owner mentality'.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ABs said/says a lot of crazy **** but I don’t think he’s too far off with that one....

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    A good defensive unit?

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Fixed it for you​

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol aren't you saying the same thing with Hodges?

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It has been far more than 1 game. I've seen what I need to see. He hasn't been good at all yet. He has no zip on that ball at all no matter how hard he tries. That limits the throws he can make. He's never going to be a starter in the NFL

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently it wasn't the play, unless he ran through his reads wrong. Looked like he made up his mind pre-snap and stared it down. Had he been a little more experienced , maybe he looks him off or sees him and makes the throw to Washington. There was only a single high safety there though so he made the play to come over since he saw something because the reason that Washington looked like he'd walk in is because he came over for the INT. You can argue if he makes that throw right off the bat then is at least a first down though.

Edit: Listening to Batch on WDVE and he said that throw he thought it was a cover 0.

Bad read before the snap there. He rolled out left though, so that throw to Washington would have been another one across his body and across the field.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup he was off the ball enough that he wasn't actually in the neutral zone when he jumped.

That False start on the long snapper though...when the Bills center head bobbed every snap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup he was off the ball enough that he wasn't actually in the neutral zone when he jumped.

That False start on the long snapper though...when the Bills center head bobbed every snap.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok I am one who has been on the bash Tomlin and Fitchner train but how the hell is that on coaching? I am fine with all the blame that Fitch gets but I don't see how he is to blame for Duck not tucking it down and running the damn ball. As for Tomlin the guy has done a darn good job this year hard to fault him.....and this is coming from a "fire Tomlin" guy. The only thing I will blame Tomlin for is not locking the door of what ever room Fitch was in at half time allowing him to come back out.

11. Aaron Dullinger

Aaron Dullinger Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2019
    That interception killed momentum. Driving down the field "hey let's throw it up for grabs"

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What an ass

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Somebody likes to compliment themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You're correct! Thank you.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Post of the year?

;+)

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nah....he must work out

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. It was a terrible play call. Of course, Hodges takes some of the blame, but it was the worst example of a problem throughout the game. The Steelers forgot that Hodges is an undrafted rookie. They forgot to protect him last night and it cost them dearly. If they weren't going to stick to runs and short throws, at the very least, send him out there with instructions to stay the hell away from White.

18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wish we still had jesse james

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Turns out there were a lot of Bills fans at the game, what gives? Who sold their tix to Bills fans?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hey all! Just completed the game. What a disaster for sure. Here are some of my thoughts:

- I have not liked Randy Fichtner since the third week of the 2018 season when he infamously stated that run/pass ratios are silly. Fast forward to today and I imagine those very same setiments are being thought of within his mind. Here in lies the kicker; Randy Fichtner as an Offensive Coordinator is more offensive to the official term than it is to him actually being one. He stinks! Five Running Backs dressed yet you cannot pound the ball 20 or more times?! What was the point of dressing those players if they were going to be sparingly used?!?!

Furthermore, Randy simply cannot get out of his own way. Sad but true. Yes, some of those INTs were on Duck but why the heck are you forcing your Rookie QB to go toe to toe with a Top Five Corner in Tre'Davious White?! In what universe does that make ANY sense?! Are those Run/pass Ratios silly now?!?! Now do you understand why it is important to establish a rushing attack?!?! I don't care how much Buffalo stops the run. Use other plays in the playbook to place your offensive line and running back in winnable situations. Speaking of which...

- Enough. Of. The. Wild Cat. NO ONE is fooled by it. Why the heck would a Top 5 defense be the same?!?!

- For those wanting to jump ship on Devlin Hodges, get back to me after the first half against the New York Jets. Way too early a decision to bench him. Duck did not play well but Randy Fichtner let him down... BIG TIME.

-

@Formerscribe

@groutbrook

@thesteeldeal

@bigbenhotness

I really hate to admit it. I REALLY HATE to admit this but I think it is time I conceded on the defense of Terrell Edmunds. I just cannot. I do not understand how EVERYONE on defense has ball skills but him. Heck, Mark Barron has more ball skills than Terrell and he is an aging Linebacker. I really want Terrell to succeed. I still hope he can. That said, I think it is time for the team to close the chapter on Terrell. He is not Artie Burns bad but he is not T.J. Watt good either. He is likely Bud Dupree in terms of development. I do speculate though that Terrell could be headed for a position change to Inside Linebacker in 2020. I have zero evidence currently between reading the team transcripts and watching the All 22 but I believe Terrell would be better served there than as a Strong Safety. Besides, when attacking downhill, Terrell has ridiculous explosiveness and speed.

Given the fact he plays much better closer to the LOS, it is not entirely out of the question. Keep in mind this is how Mark Barron was able to continue his NFL Career. What if Mike Tomlin is indirectly hinting at this given how closer to the LOS Terrell has been playing in comparison to his rookie season?!

- Congrats to T.J. Watt on another game!! Had a great one yesterday and the Buffalo Bills made it a point to stop him. Bud got some pressure but sadly not enough. Cameron Heyward is worthy of another First Team All Pro nomination.

- Big rookie mistake by Duck. Mike clearly was yelling Duck to spike the ball. I assume that message was not audible enough or there was some other form of miscommunication. Either way, a hard lesson but an important one that will serve him well.

- Outside of David DeCastro, this year's Offensive Line has been a disaster. Some would pin it on Mike Munchak leaving. I am not going that route. Instead, I lay it to another reason; age. 31, 33, 30, 29, 27. Those are the current age numbers for the Offensive Line. Among the most notable is Left Tackle in Alejandro Villenueva; the weakest link this season within the group. Big Al simply cannot do it anymore I am afraid. While I am, by no means saying release him, I would not be surprised if the team looks into the Left Tackle position if Week 11s bout against the Los Angeles Rams was an omen of what the future holds for the position (Big Al, Matt Feiler, Maurkice, David and Chuks were the starters that day mind you).

- I understand this is what you have but 21 straight games with a Giveaway?!?! C'mon man. Not good enough. Unreal.

I have plenty more to say but I am just more disappointed than anything else. Given all that has happened, I do believe this team will rebound. It is just a matter of what I said at the beginning of the season after the Minkah Trade;

Randy Fichtner is the seasons X Factor. Where we go will depend on him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    quality post. Randy fichtner is definitely our greatest weakness, then after that it goes to AV and foster. Some might say duck/mason but they are what they are. Fichtner doesn't know what he is doing and the left side of our line is getting dominated, specifically AV. He looks like Jonathan scott bad this year.

As for Edmunds this is not a time to say "I told you so, or he was a third rounder ala scribe lol". I think you hit it on the money when you said he might be better suited elsewhere. He is not bad, he is just one of the weaknesses team's exploit. His lack of ball awareness allows teams to find those windows. All it takes is one deficiency and opposing teams (that coach during the game) to recognize this and exploit it. Randy cannot do that.

We were all disappointed last night because the game was blown, not lost. Our guys just had to play attrition fundamental football and they got too cute. Oh well, still 8-6 with jets coming up and the holidays. Still time to be thankful lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I am not doing the whole "I told you so" schtick. Just realizing that the light might never come on in terms of ball skills. There are plenty of offseason training programs one can attend to improve but I do not think Terrell did that this off-season.

Keep in mind when I said to close the book on Terrell, I do not mean release him. I mean move him to the ILB spot, release Mark Barron and draft a safety in either rounds three or four in 2020. Some good talent in the safety spot for once.

As you stated, I have not given up on Terrell as a football player. I have conceded on him being an effective player on the back end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    You are spot on with your assessment. But I will say I believe Fosters play has been equally bad as AV. They showed a replay of three running plays and he was on his butt all three. Completely whiffed on a guy pulling. Kind off embarrassing.....for him.. Also I'm pissed at Randy for his game plan. Who in there right mind would have a rookie QB throw the ball 38 times in a game you never trailed by more than 7!!….Ben would have threw a couple if he dropped back that much. Very winnable game that our OC coat us...This guy sucks

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m thinking when it got switched to a night game a number of people couldn’t make it. There were a number of Bill’s fans.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who knew the Bills HAD fans?