1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Where oh where are the Jags...oh where oh where could they be...hahaha

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I've never done this before...but here's what I'm going to do. Since it is partially my fault I didnt post the message about the picks in the trade being wrong and such...and apparently the Jags GM has not been on at all today. Even though I'm sure the Jags would accept the new pick numbers...I cannot (to be fair) say yes to this for them...and I do not want to just go ahead and pick for the Jags and them loose out on their trade. So I'm going to put a short "hold" on things...I'll be somewhat generous and give them until 12pm Eastern time Sunday to correct/accept/etc the trade again if they do not...then someone can pick a player for the Jags and the trade will not be happening and we'll move forward. Thanks!

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    sorry thinking I didnt pick until monday or tuesday I failed to login today....my bad!!!

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    soorry for baltimore pick , i was out for the weekend and i forgot the draft , i would have took adams anyway

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not that its a big deal or anything...but please make sure when you post your teams selection announcement that you put what team is on the clock next. Some teams may look at the recent pick and think they're not on the clock yet...but with how some of the teams with the same record rotate the pick numbers wont be the same in each round...so its always good to post who's next. (yes they can look at the order in the 2nd post, but still)

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think the Seahawks GM is not coming back...he wasnt here for the first round pick...now the second. So he has been removed from being their GM as of now. I think there could be some could DEs out there they could use...someone please pick for them (as I'm attempting to cook right now) Thanks!

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Nice back to back picks GPGUY, I was debating Zeitler and Dennard along with Alameda Ta'amu for my Indy pick. As much as I wanted Zeitler, I felt Indy had a more pressing need for a nose tackle.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thanks! With Dallas I could have gone like 4 different ways but I felt he was the best option.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The Jets time has expired...once again anyone can pick for them. I am heading out to some appointments/etc and wont be home much until later tonight (though I will pop in for a few in between). Keep this thing a moving!! Thanks!

11. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I will keep this moving pretty quick, just got into town - taking advantage of this weather. I will catch up and make my pick ASAP. Thank you....
    PS does the Chicago trade for Marshal and the picks for 2 3rds go into effect or does the online Bears have the draft w have set? Let me know

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    All the players/picks/etc were locked in when we started...so nothing after that effects us in our draft.

13. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Chose for the Titans. 16 hours was too long. Sorry if I took someone they didn't want, but major need was edge rusher, and Lewis was 29 on Walters big board (tend to use that as my draft bible, only because i have neither the time nor inclination to make one up).

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Titans selected Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse. I understand someone picking for me because of the time that had elapsed, but that time ALL elapsed during the overnight and subsequent workday. I am fine with someone making the pick, but I think that I should have the right to change it when I get back online if the person that I wanted was not taken. Real life has to trump draft deadlines.

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry about that SE. Removed the pick. I agree with you.

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks. There's certainly nothing negative about you making the pick when you did. I just think that when people have to be away because of work/family/etc obligations we should be able to revise a pick that someone else made for us if the player we want is still available. My rationale for preferring Jones over Lewis is that I see Lewis as a pure 3-4 OLB conversion player (and a good one at that). I don't think he will hold up as a DE in the NFL. I look at him as being similar to Quentin Groves a few years ago, who was a conversion prospect that Jacksonville kept at DE. He ended up as a bust, and I think that it was because he was drafted to play out of his natural position.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While I understand the time issues and everything regardless of what time of day things go down...it happens...as we have people all over the world participating in this...this is why we have longer pick times AND the option to PM your picks in if theres a chance your time will come and your not here. Unfortunately if somebody else picks for you then thats the pick...you loose your guaranteed rights to pick for your team when the clock expires...thats the way its been for years. Now I think there have been cases of the regular team GM being able to change a pick if nobody else has selected after the Sub-GM's selection. But once another team has picked then that generally is it and you cannot change your pick.

In this case another team HAS made their selection before the Titans real GM could change their pick. So I CANNOT allow the pick to be changed. The ONLY thing I CAN offer and this is a ONE TIME ONLY deal...is if SteelByDesign says its OK with him for you to change your pick (as maybe he was wanting Lewis or something)...since he was the team that picked AFTER the Titans.

I really shouldnt even be doing this...but as a ONE TIME deal and a wake up call/lesson or whatever to everyone that once a pick is made its made regardless.

If SBD doesnt give the OK within the next 2 hours or before the next team picks (whichever comes first) then the Sub-GM's original pick of Lewis will stand. Thanks!

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Fine. Let me try it this way: if anyone wants Ronnell Lewis, draft Chandler Jones and I'll trade down for him.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Sorry Elvis...I have to be fair here.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    and wow Burfict in the 2nd eh...interesting.

21. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

What happens if you are on the clock with 8 hours and it so happens to be 11pm to 7am while you are sleeping? I understand we have other means to get who we want drafted.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Same thing thats happened in the past and this year...anyone can pick. It sucks...but this is how we've been doing since I've been running it and I think even before that...I dont remember, haha.

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    If anyone has any suggestions/improvements/etc to how we should do this thing next year and beyond feel free to PM me those ideas. But as we discussed before (about the proposed trading rule change)...we dont wanna change the rules in the middle of things.

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That's fine. It's not a REAL draft after all. If it were, well then I'd be pissed!

25. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

For sure! Can't change the rules in the middle of the game. We saw what happened when the NFL did it with their illegal hits. Oh did I say that out loud. haha.