1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I am prepared to do a saints draft, although they don't have a 1st. rd. pick this year, but when it gets their time in round 2 I will check with you first before I make an offical selection, if we don't have a decision by then.
    :yeehaw:

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Sounds good...we'll have to see what happens...if by chance no ruling is made by the time your up...then oh well we'll leave things as is.

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011

I know their biggest need is OT, but IMHO Tannenhill grades better than any of the OT's left. Cassel is not the answer in KC.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Seahawks have been on the clock for over 12 hours...remember guys (esp you veterans at doing this and ones who are draft fans in know the players/needs/etc) you can make a selection for another team whos time has expired...you do not have to wait for me to say something. It will help keep this thing moving more (esp since I cant be on here 24-7 and all). Thanks.

I'll be researching what needs SEA has...if someone else selects for them (again a legit pick not just some random player) in the meantime thats fine.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll make the pick for Seattle. They're losing two linebackers to free agency, and their biggest needs, qb and de, leave no one worth picking here, its pretty easy.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Go right ahead...I was thinking about DL...and then LBs second...but I will let you make that decision. And I'll work on getting my teams picks (the next 2) together and ready to roll!

7. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Just the only DL worth considering there is Brockers, and I see him in free fall after the combine. Which explains why I went for Poe over him for the Eagles.

8. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    good logical choices for your two teams gpguy. was thinking maybe DeCastro for the Cards, but guess tackle trumps guard every time. And yeah, Dallas needs an entirely new defensive backfield.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Exactly...their biggest OL need is at OT not OG...they signed a decent LG last off season and RG...eh...they have enough guys that one of them could man that spot. My teams picks so far (Browns and these 2) were easy as pie...no debating/etc, haha

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    One thing I forgot to mention at the beginning. If your on the clock and online...make your pick...no waiting hours and hours for someone to hopefully reply to you an accept a trade. We want to keep this thing moving at a nice and steady pace. Thanks!

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Isn't everything locked in once we start? Like if a player signs now, it won't affect our draft or trades, so I would think that if the Saints lose their real pick, they'd get to keep the MB pick, since the draft already began.

12. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Goind to second Hugesnack. If nothing else effects the draft, we kind of have to keep the picks the way they are.

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    By the way, per the rules of the draft... Rosters were locked at the start of the draft... The Mock Indy Colts will not be cutting Peyton Manning at the presser tomorrow.

14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Did anyone send a PM to necessary roughness? It's his/her pick and login shows he was on last night but didn't make his draft selection

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You dont have to PM anybody whos on the clock...its up to them to know whats going on...however if there is time left sure you can PM them/etc. However if time is up anyone can make the pick for that team...its getting old that it seems like everyone is waiting for ME to do the picks for people who are MIA or to approve a pick for someone who isnt here...JUST MAKE A LEGIT PICK and move on. Thank you!

16. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    This is the second time in the last few that I've done it for someone. Not fond of it, but I will do it if time expires. To gaurentee legit picks at needs, I use Walter, so I'm not just blowing smoke up anyone's arse.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hey its part of the game...people need to step in and help it happens...and its also part of learning about other teams and their needs and other rookies and such. If its that big of a deal then let someone else do it or let it sit until someone else is around, whatever. I'm just tired of people waiting for me and having a bunch of PMs from others saying "hey this teams pick time is up heres who i think they should pick" instead of just doing it.

I already had the pick typed up for the one you did yesterday but just let you go ahead and do it...and today I already posted the pick announcement before you (though you still posted it yourself)...so please delete yours if you could (as I cannot delete mine once someone posts after me). Also delete your post about the Chic pick...I'm getting it typed up now I got it via PM...jeez (only posts announcing picks are allowed in there remember).

18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Done. Sorry about that. And I was typing up the SD post while you posted yours, so i didn't see both til later.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    NP....

I figured I'd just have you delete them while you could as I had the next 2 picks ready to announce and I'm heading out soon and I wanted to get them done. So cincy is on the clock again and I will catch you all later.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The Steelers voting thread is up FYI.

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry, i didn't mean to get anyone's pantys in a bunch. This is my first fantasy draft. I just figured some people may not have figured out the "subscription to thread" thing. Looks like we are back on track now.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Titans fart in the general direction of the Bears and Chargers for taking Glenn and Barron respectively, and leaving me with Michael Floyd as the BPA. The only guys that I had left that ranked above Floyd were at positions of strength/depth for the Titans. Well, I hope he pans out....

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha @ the Titans...the Browns would gladly take Floyd from ya...haha...

Anyways...now that I'm finally home...give me a little bit to catch up and then I'll see whos left for the Brownies to select.

24. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I've been tied-up with exams, traveling, and dealing with two crazy girls. Is there a list of who has been selected? Has someone picked for my Chargers?

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    go to the SELECTIONS thread and you'll see everything there.