1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Should I send him a quick email letting him know it's his pick?

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Also...when offering trades/etc...please actually try to make them realistic. Dont try and offer someone say the 32nd and the 32nd in the 3rd picks for the 5th overall or whatever....thats nowhere near fair/equal/realistic. Please try and follow the trade value chart to at least come close to being realistic.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    you can if you think he'd respond like now....as I know its NB (who started this) but I dont wanna play favorites...as its been like 18 hours i think.

I'm going to announce a pick for him when i get back here from making my sandwich (probably 10 min or so)....i hate to do it but we gotta keep going!

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it's worth a shot. I'm okay with giving NB extra time. Wasn't he the original runner of the draft, before gpguy? Gotta be worth something. A few more hours couldn't hurt.

As for Minnesota, if it was real life I'd tell them to trade down, but we can't do that for NB. Claiborne seems like a good pick. What about the WR Blackmon? Would be good for a young QB. Who does MIN even have at WR? I'm drawing a blank, besides Harvin.

Reiff is a reach.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Looks like he made it...i just finished my sandwich and i see his name online...hahah

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'll be making my pick in a second. Though I'm worried that the guy who picks after me...I havent seen that name online in a while...hopefully he pops in soon.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Just in time! Had the wrong Friday. I thank all for the patience and the extra hours allowed!

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

No problem NB...and you made the pick I was going to select for you anyways...so either way you would have got your CB! And luckily I'm more of a late night person than early morning and its Saturday not a ton of people around I guess or someone else might have picked for you! its all good!

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey everyone, just a quick tip. If you click on 'Subscribe Topic' at the bottom left of the page, you'll be notified of new posts via email. This can be real useful if you don't check in regularly. I'd suggest doing it to all three of the Mock Draft threads, but it's up to you of course. Just a recommendation. :)

[​IMG]

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    bigsteeler.....please make sure when you post in the Selections thread the next team on the clock that you put the CORRECT one. Indy is on the clock not the Panthers please edit your message.

Someone could just look at that and think it is the Panthers and leave w/o making a pick. Thanks!

-----------------------

Also interesting selection...esp for a team that has a LOT of other bigger needs with guys sitting there that would be good for them...definitely interesting...

13. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The message board mock draft rams have announced that they have fired new defensive co-ordinator Greg Williams, in the wake of bountygate. We hope the real rams do also. :yeehaw:

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha...nice. He's a good DC...but yeah...if all this is true...he need to be gone from the NFL.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Another interesting draft choice this time by the Eagles. Poe isnt even the top DT in the draft and he was the first off the board...though he is the top NT and now a lot of the 3-4 teams are hating the Eagles...haha

16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    A lot of sites i had had moved him up to #2 after the combine. I think his flexibility is key for the Eagles. He gives a huge presence in the middle of the line, but can play all across it if necessary.

17. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

On Monday, the mock rams will be interviewing former Pitt Panther player and current balt. ratbird secondary coach Teryl Austin for their D.C. position. On Tuesday Al Holcomb of the G-men will be in. :yeehaw:

18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Ok, Tannenhill with the 11th pick of the draft??? I am baffled that anyone could see him being a first round pick.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

You're probably one of the few people who think that. He's the 3rd QB in the draft and has a first round grade. I've seen him go INSIDE the top 10...but also in the 20s. I think there might have been 1 or 2 mocks in all the ones I've seen over the last couple months that had him in the early 2nd. The only thing that kinda shocked me is the team who picked him. While Cassel is up and down as a QB at times...I thought their OL was their biggest need (OT). I would say NT...but theres not one worth picking there. But it wasnt a reach so not too bad overall and hopefully they can build some more on the OL in the next round or so!

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    SBD I fixed FYI i fixed the error in the draft order. Thanks!

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I agree he may be first round talent, but I realistically see him slipping into the 2nd round, maybe to Washington or even Seattle. In the real world, he's only got 20 college starts and Josh McDaniels isn't a head coach, so I don't see him leaving to any team that high in the first, definitely not KC in the 1st. Just a difference of opinion.

22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Crap this thing started already? haha.

23. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if the saints lose their picks due to this bounty thing do they lose them in the MB draft as well?

24. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Continue drinking...its ok...haha

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thats a good question...and would be a unique situation. As it could be a big deal and have an effect on the draft and all. Never had a situation like that...part of me would want to honor the real life stuff....and part of me wants to go with the whole nothing in real life effect the draft stuff.