1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If the arizona cards still need an owner, maybe SteelYourPoints (oakland) can take them, as they will not be busy for the first 4 rounds. :herewego:

2. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This being my first go at this I'd rather just have Oakland. However if no one can pick up Arizona then I can take them if needed. :)

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I can take 'Zona to get this thing going. Do we have an official start date/time yet?

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    If you'd like to thats fine...or I can keep them and run 3 teams...doesnt matter to me, I've done it before, haha. And as of now I've been thinking about starting on Sunday the 5th or Monday the 6th...that'll give everyone a few days here to get things in order and ready to go. Thoughts?

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I've been ready for a few weeks. Let's roll! Seriously though, starting on a Monday doesn't sound so hot. I'd rather start Friday PM under the assumption that the majority of participants have weekends off, and that the first round would go quicker if we have the whole weekend.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    That could be a possibility I guess....as all but like 1 of the top 10 picks are around regularly n such...

Maybe a 5pm Friday start time? I think that could work.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Friday at 5pm sounds great to me!

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok then barring any unforeseen circumstances the first pick will be on the clock at Friday 5pm (EASTERN). ALL ROSTERS will be locked in the as of 12am Friday March 2nd. Also any and all trades can officially be announced as of 12am March 1st.

Also...all draft talk/etc will be conducted in here (reviewing selections/etc). All trade stuff will be in the trade thread. And I will be making a thread JUST TO ANNOUNCE YOUR PICKS...NOTHING ELSE is to be posted there. After talking things over with some they agree and think it will make it easier to track the picks that way. So again ONLY your pick selections will be posted there...to discuss them/etc come to this thread. Thanks!

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Will it be possible for you to set up a seperate thread (you could even do it in the original post where you have draft order listed) where you put down the picks as they are made (like you did with choices for gm's for the teams)? Would simplify things greatly as far knowing which players were already chosen so we can eliminate them off our boards without wading through 16 pages of picks and stuff in the later rounds.
    And I know i said it before, but thank you for putting the time and effort into this for our entertainment.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok guys...hope everyone is ready to go...not as much trading so far as past years...but hey that could be a good thing, haha.

Anyways...the clock will start for the Dolphins at 5pm EASTERN...and remember I will create a separate thread to announce picks in (and ONLY for that) you can discuss the selections in here.

Also please keep an eye out in THIS thread for any important posts from ME...I'm not going to post things in every thread...just an FYI. Thanks!

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    T minus 1 Hour 15 minutes until we start....WOOO!

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As of 20 minutes ago the Dolphins are on the clock!

13. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    Re: OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT SELECTIONS

so has the draft started?

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Re: OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT SELECTIONS

I really hope your joking and not really asking THAT dumb of a question.

15. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    just surprised that no one has picked yet aren't you?

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No I'm not surprised. You've done this before. People arent just sitting around waiting to pick. People are from all over the world...have jobs on various shifts...and more. Plus you get 12 hours (not that we want anyone to use the 12 hours but still).

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I just got home from work/gym/then dinner. Pick is in.

18. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    For those new to this...look at how the others are announcing their picks...make sure the players first/last name, position, college and pick number (be it round 2 pick 32 or whatever) are in your selection announcement.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    2 solid picks!

21. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Also everyone (esp for those who are new)...please make sure to check your PMs each time you come to the MB...as the PMing tends to pick up more once we start. Thanks!

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I think so. The Dolphins are willing to be a bit less competitive in 2012 to begin building a team that will be one of those dominant teams that's always in the mix from 2013/14 - 2020-something. The best way to be one of those teams is to have one of the league's top 5 QBs.

In my opinion, the Rams did exactly what the real Rams should do unless they get a king's ransom for pick #2. They need to keep Bradford clean, and the #1 piece to the puzzle for doing that is a franchise pass protector at LT. None of this trading down to Washington for pick #6, a 3rd rounder and next year's 1st. The only trade that they should make is with Cleveland for both 1st rounders this year plus a 2nd or 3rd. Otherwise, just pick Kalil and move forward.

23. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    was it tough to pass on RGIII

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Interesting start to the Rams draft. I can't wait to see how the rest of their picks go.

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I hate to do this to NB...but its been well over 12 hours since he's been on the clock...

I would think their pick should be the top OT left Reiff? Or CB Claiborne? We need to get it announced. Thoughts?