1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Re: OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT

By the way I was just being silly. I do kinda want to keep the skins because the guys at work are mostly skins fans and so is my family and they were excited when they saw me doing this on here and they kinda wanted to play my assistant GMs. We talk about the draft and football all day and I think it would be fun for us to put together a good mock draft class to help out our nations capital!

I do feel kinda bad as you have done the skins the last two years but I hope you understand, hey it might be fun to mix it up a little. I don't want to take your interest away from doing this mock though so if it really means alot to you I can pass it up but if you are cool taking the Lions then i wish you good luck!

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

7 spots left guys.

Are we missing anyone? Are there any other draft guys/wanna be GMs (haha) that should join us? Invite them!! It not much changes over the next day or 2...we may temporarily move this to the main forum to fill the spots or something. Thanks!

3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

I don't know if freetibet is on this site or not but he's usually in this.

scrap, it's all good. Have fun with the Skins!!

4. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

Is Joey on this site? He did it the last couple of years. :herewego:

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Yes he already has a team, haha.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

I went through the member list back when i sent out invites...and his name is there...but he only posted like 1-5 times back when this place first opened or something (Oct/Nov?) and hasnt been back since.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

The artist formerly known as Freetibet is here, just with a different username. :)

I saw him here a few days ago posting, actually. Hard to say if he'd be interested in participating though. Give me a shout when you want this moved out to Steelers Talk, gpguy.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Will do!

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Man, that's what I should have made my new name! Probably too many letters though. Maybe next time.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

*Thread temporarily moved to Steelers Talk.

We'll move this back to its permanent home in The Draft Room in the near future.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Thanks for taking care of that. We have 7 spots open guys...and we'd like to get them filled before the Combine starts!

12. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Okay I realize you probably won't believe this, but I'd like to play. No ridiculous trades. No shananigans. No anything. I just want to do it right this year. I'd like the oppurtinity to play, but realize you guys may not allow it. If you dont want me to play, I understand. But I really want to prove Im not going to mess around again this year, so I really hope you give me another chance. Thanks for considering

13. beastlyqb7

Oct 23, 2011
    If you do give me the oppurtnity, I'd like to be the Seattle Seahawks.

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As of right now...no! I'm sorry but no! Last year against my better judgement I let you in...and look what happened. I cant trust you now...you ruined your chance and you made a mockery of this and I had a LOT of people agree with me back then to not let you back in. And I'm going to stand by that as of right now.

15. beastlyqb7

Oct 23, 2011
    Alright I understand. Itll be fun to watch though

16. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Gpguy I agree with u but could we let him play but you have to approve everything he does? Like if he wants to make a trade you have to approve.if he wants to make a pick you have to approve???? Just maybe a way we can fill another spot but or have the silliness like last year?

17. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    That seems like a lot of work to accomodate someone that deserves less than anyone else here. Gpguy will have enough going on without having to babysit a whole extra team every step of the way. Beastly may or may not be ready to play the "right" way, but gpguy is right -- he gave him a chance to prove that last year and he blew it. It's the boy who cried wolf. Beastly also did his darnedest to mess with people in other ways on the old board. Now when beastly wants to do it right, it's too late. That's life. Gpguy has earned the right to disallow beastly if it wants, even if it's just to rest his own mind without having to worry about when beastly will screw up. Beastly's plea seemed genuine, but I respect gpguy's decision, whatever he wants to do.

We won't be so desperate for another player. I think we'll fill up, and even if we don't we'll have enough guys willing to take two teams.

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks HS/TAFKAFB, haha!

19. beastlyqb7

Oct 23, 2011
  20. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    A guy asking to come back, guys asking someone to let him do it with big brother watching him? May I ask what the hell happened last year??

Hell, If I start drinking for a pupose you may want to have big brother on me-

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hard to remember the specifics a year later, but my recollection is that he basically blew up the Saints and started trading away guys like Brees, Vilma and anyone else with value to grab a bunch of draft picks. The point of this mock is to put ourselves in the shoes of responsible GMs, and see how the draft unfolds. When someone strays drastically from what could happen in reality (such as a Super Bowl caliber team blowing itself up so that the GM can have the fun of saying "The Saints select____" 2-3 times a round), the whole draft ends up being a bit wacky. If I recall correctly, he wasn't exactly a model citizen in terms of playing nice with others either. Does that capture it?

That said, to fill out the roster of GMs, I wouldn't mind Beastly being allowed to take a team if he is not allowed to make trades. We could simply set a rule that he picks when his spot comes up, and that's it.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You're pretty much right on when it comes to what happened. Not following rules, being annoying, acting like a 5 year old, and more.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If you need people to double up, I'll take the Cowboys or Titans.

24. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I should be making an announcement within the next couple days here. Thanks for volunteering!

25. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I'll volunteer for the Giants, if it comes to that.