1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Damn most of the names I have on my cheat sheet list or whatever you wanna call it are almost all gone...damnit! Who's lookin at my sheet? hahah

2. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haha. I'm already at the shotgun approach. Gonna throw a name out there and wait to see if someone tells me they have already been taken.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Damn, I must have spent too much time in the "holiday spirits", my pick just went flying by me. Sorry. I'll try not to miss my next one (indy).

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This is getting ridiculous! Apparently some of these people who i rarely see around to begin with dont care about doing this anymore...so I will be removing some people as GMs and awarding them to anyone who wants them.

TB is up for grabs.

The Jets probably will be also (but I've seen him around more than some)

And Oakland might be up also (but I'm giving him a chance here too)

If people dont want to run another team for the last few rounds...then we can do it where ANYBODY can pick for that team when they're up...but we need to keep this thing moving. Thanks!

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I think if a team has missed their last two picks, their team should be immediately open to the public to select for them for the rest of the draft.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Is everyone like on vacation right now or what? Come on guys...this is ridiculous! We're almost done!! Lets finish this thing!

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    TB, Jets, and Oakland are all teams that ANYONE can pick for...unless their GMs show up before someone picks! All picks made for any of those teams by anyone are FINAL.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Done.

Only two weeks left before the draft, and the way this thing has slowed down I'm not sure we'll get through round 6, let alone finish. It's like we average one pick a day, and it's usually someone other than the original GM making the pick.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah I know...I'm quite disappointed in how things have come to almost a standstill. Last year for like the first time we finished the whole thing...the year before that we got to/through 5 maybe? And this year...its not looking good to finish...but hey whatever we get done is fine...even if its disappointing if we dont finish it. Its helped us pass the time.

I'm surprised I'm not getting more PMs from people with picks. Keep in mind for those who may not know...you can PM me your picks anytime...you dont have to wait until its 2-3 spots away...you can do it 10-15 picks away...but you'll have to include 10-15 players to pick from just incase.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'd like to thank GB, winggin and all the rest of you who are picking up the slack for those who are MIA or have just quit. I would take on more teams...but with the 4 I have now...and as Jim Ross likes to say (for those of you who know who he is) "business is about to pickup" around here on a personal level...so I couldnt take on anymore than I already am...but I'll still be able to make my picks and I'll TRY to post picks that are PM'd to me on time.

11. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    Just to complete the four threads with my stamp.

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Drunk GM...lay off the booze a little its only tuesday!

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I will say I like SF's 2nd through 4th round picks...not too sure about the 1st/5th rounders though.

14. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Well this member of the SF front office doesn't think that Randy Moss will pan out at all, and so we aren't taking him into account for this draft. I know Jeffery is probably considered only average value at #30, but I think he could definitely be a lot like Plaxico Burress for us. I don't know anything about his team, but everything I've read says he had terrible quarterback play last year. He's not a burner, but he's got usable speed, and he's tall with great ball skills, and I don't think he'll be a mess in other ways like Burress, or Sweed. And we've got plenty of speed on the field anyway with Davis, Manningham, Walker, Ginn. Crabtree is good but needs relief. What we were missing is a tall, reliable guy who can be a red zone threat.

As for Hanna, TE was not a need, but have you checked out SF's roster? Barely a need in sight, and I took care of whatever's left and then some with a guard/center, receiver, nose tackle, defensive end, and cornerback, all of whom would carry good value as 2nd round picks. Walker might be gone after this year. He certainly could start somewhere. The idea of Fleener in the 1st is crazy to me, but for a 5th rounder I don't mind at all.

15. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    The Detroit Lions.

1) Peter Konz, C, Wis
    2) Traded for Champ Bailey and Willis McGahee
    3) Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah St.
    4) Jamelle Fleming, CB, OK
    5) Christian Thompson, S, S. Car St.
    7) Would have added a RB.

I think I met most of the major needs.

- Add eventual replacement to an aging Oline (check)
    - Add potential starting RB to injury prone RB core (check)
    - Add depth/starter at LB to help pourous run D (check)
    - Most importantly improve Secondary (check)

16. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The Bungles...

1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    2. David Wilson, RB, Virginia TEch
    2. Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
    3. Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
    4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU
    5. Evan Rodriguez, TE, Temple

• Also acquired Brian Dawkins and Elvis Dumerville (and gave up Michael Johnson).

I'm really happy with how things have gone for me. I think I got a stud pass rusher along with filling several needs. The only need I wasn't able to acquire in the draft was a safety but it's a very weak class for them so I got Brian Dawkins as a band-aid. Rodriguez wasn't a need at all but I think he's going to be a steal in the 5th.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just something I'd like to point out. There have been some of you who have PM'd me picks and some of the players have already been taken. Please double check these things before you send them...as I am not going to. If you think its just too much work to look through the list for a name...then do what I've done for my picks. Copy and paste all of the picks into Word...and then do CTRL F...to find something in the document and type in the name and try and find it it only takes seconds. Thanks!

18. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I don't agree with the trade out of the Andrew Luck spot, but other than that I think Indy is having one heck of a draft. DeCastro, Osweiler, Ta'Amu and Doug Martin is a nice way to start a draft.

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks on the Indy compliment. I feel Indy has many many holes to fill that one star can't fix by himself.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Awesome job guys...c'mon we can at least finish this round. If i were not soo busy this week (and last) I'd help with these teams who have no GMs (SD, NYJ, Oak, TB, dunno if i'm missing any), but unfortunately I cant I only have a matter of minutes here or there that I can pop on here right now. Thanks for everything...now lets finish this round!

Also I'm kind of confused why Philly drafted a Punter...they got just got a rookie last year as a UDFA...who did pretty good almost averaging 43 yards a punt.

21. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Guess I relied a little too much on Walter on that one, GP. He has Henry as stinking up the joint. He was #25 last year in punting average and 26 in net punting. Maybe just want a top tenner.
    Walter has been pretty good to me so far (check other places to, but he's not a bad fallback). Even the besgt screw up sometimes.
    Anyhow, its the bottom of the sixth. I'm tired.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Haha yeah! These last 2 rounds have become BLAH...due to sooo many people disappearing at once and things getting drug out forever it seems (a couple picks on the clock for close to 24 hours/etc). In the past we've had some people back out in the last couple rounds...but not a bunch at once...and usually they at least post that they cant/dont want continue so I can assign the team to someone else or whatever. But its never been like this since I've been participating in and running this thing. Oh well...its the first year for some here on the new site and such...I'm sure next year will go a little smoother.

23. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The other mock I'm doing only goes up to three rounds. A lot easier to keep track of everyone picked, and pretty much the rule is that if you miss your pick by two people, then someone picks for you. Not as many people involved (I have two teams, and some people have three or four) but the interest level stays high.
    But I appreciate all of the work you've put into it, and I'm sure everyone else does to. Well, maybe not the guy who had the Broncos.

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    So shall we call this one quits after round 6? 6 rounds is pretty good, I think. We don't need to feel ashamed.

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Oh yeah...where ever we end up by lets say 6pm EST Thursday then thats it! I'd at least like to get the Steelers pick for this round done, haha.