1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

C'mon Chief start it up already. This buzz isn't going to last forever!

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha....you'll still be drunk by the time we finish this whole thing, haha.

I want to give the Raiders GM time to realize he has a pick...as he initially he didnt have one until the 4-5th round. I may bump it to Wednesday if needed...as we have PLENTY of time to get through the last 4 rounds.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok I've added the picks to the draft order in the Selections thread. They are labeled w/ letters (as you cannot trade them so they are not apart of the Trade Value Chart, so its easier to letter them). So when you announce a comp pick selection instead of saying "w/ pick #1875 the steelers select _______" just do something like "w/ comp pick AAA the Steelers select _____ " (kinda obvious isnt it? haha). Depends how things go and if the Raiders GM posts that he's ready to go and such then we will either start Tuesday or Wednesday at 6pm (if all goes as planned).

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As another update...I send a PM to the Raiders GM...if I do not hear back from them then I think we will just start tomorrow at 6pm and let ANYONE pick for the Raiders this time and be done with it. Thanks for standing by everyone!

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well it looks like we're officially underway again...thanks to the Raiders GM for stepping in and making their pick and things getting underway instead of waiting on me or anything...good job!

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Whoa there a second... the last pick was TJ McDonald from USC???? The websites I saw show him returning to USC for his final year. Anyone else want to verify?

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that he didn't come out. Have only seen him listed on 2013 drafts.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just as an FYI (in case anybody hasnt seen the posts in the Selections thread) Steelmojo is no longer part of this mock...all further Denver related issues are to be handled with me (unless somebody else would like to take them over for the final few rounds). Thanks!

10. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    The Lions would like to announce they are shutting it down the rest of this draft as they have killed it in the first 4 rounds. We would like to give teams a chance to compete with us next year.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha...you drunk!

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I would like to announce that steelersrock151 has kindly decided to help out and take over the Broncos from here on out. Please direct any Bronco related business to him!

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Seeing as he has picks 163 and 217 left, don't think its a big deal. But I did get his safety for him.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Will you trade me the rest of the Lions' picks for a virtual six-pack?

15. winggin

Oct 23, 2011

Throw in some magic beans and a trip to see the wizard... the wonderful wizard of OZ and it's a deal.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ahhh.... I knew there would be a catch. The cost of air fare to OZ is prohibitive - definitely a big cap hit.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Wake up everyone lets get this thing going again come on...a little over 3 rounds left. I hate to keep skipping teams...lets go!

18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    For what it's worth, I know a lot of people use Walter Football as a guide. I also found this nfldraftscout site to be helpful. They rank by position, with projected round selection and have decent narratives on some of the players after their pro days / combine. I'm sure it's going to get hard in these last few rounds as the names become less and less household.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pr ... &order=ASC

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Yes I always recommend people use at least 2-3 sites for rankings...as some players on one site might have a 6-7th rd grade and on another a 3-4...basing selections on one site (esp just Walts) is a bad idea.

Theres also Draftcountdown.com (though i only use this one if needed as its not updated nearly as much), and also http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... s/2012/all this one uses some of NFLDraftScout.com info but still...plus I'm sure there are many more out there...but yeah definitely at least use 2 sites when making your picks.

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know what happened to draftcountdown.com. In years past it would be updated every 2 or 3 days, with scouting reports on almost every single player. Now there are no reports, and he does a mock like once every 2 months. I'm wondering if the guy is having personal problems.

21. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah its terrible...if I EVER have to use it as a reference i take it with a grain of salt as far as player rankings...just to get an idea...but yeah the only thing i use it for really is the Trade Value Chart.

22. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Can we start thinking about ways to vote who had the best draft? I suppose we shouldn't do that until it's over, but I am pretty psyched... I think I am dominating... But I think that every year........

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yes you do think that every year, hahah. I'm not sure we had an official vote on who had the best...but we did ask everyone post their team(s) complete draft(s) for all to see and discuss.

24. winggin

Oct 23, 2011

Haha snack. I'm so confident in my draft I was willing to trade it away for some magic beans and a trip to see the wizard of OZ. It's a shame the commish was going to count the trip to OZ against our cap.

25. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    The "greatest in NFL history" talk is mostly an homage to TSS.