1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    WOW...we're in the 3rd round already...we're flying through this thing. I just hope that the NFL announces comp picks soon. I think we should even extend the round time this round to 10 hours instead of 8 so maybe it'll give us the time until they announce the comp picks...I'd hate to skip some.

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While obviously the Vikings pick time has expired...I do not have the time now to look into it. I know probably WR or LT (since these vikings havent cut their 2 starting OGs)...I'm thinking WR. I hate to do this but I cant make the pick now...its been a busy day today and will be a busy day most of tomorrow (I gotta be up around 6am...yeah about 4 hours from now). With the weekend and holiday there will probably be a lot of drunk GMs (one i know for sure *cough*winggin*cough*)...so its not a huge deal if we get a little behind and all (normally I wouldnt be saying this...but we're making good time on this thing). I'm going to go ahead and makes the Browns pick now and someone else can make the Vikings pick.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the holiday!

3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

I thought St. Patty's Day is one of those Holiday's where no one is allowed to work. Kind of like Christmas with green beer instead of egg nog. If not I would like to propose that we make it one during the draft.

4. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh and naturally if that passes it automatically extends to the day after too.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I suggest the following, and think that it would make sense to incorporate it as a rule for the current draft when we get to the later rounds where there is less and less time between picks: Do what's done in the real draft. If you don't pick in your allotted time, you pass and other teams can pick. You don't lose your pick, but other teams can step ahead of you until you finally get in to make your selection. I recall this happening to the Vikes in the 1st round back in like 2001 or 2002.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    We actually tried this either 1-2 yrs ago...and people complained because 4-5 picks had been made after Team A had been skipped and such and they complained that it became unrealistic as you normally wouldnt see a team miss their pick/etc by that much. So then we switched it to anybody can make the pick type of thing. I have a couple ideas I'm pondering and will definitely take this under consideration.

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Like i said I have no problem letting things slack some today...we're making record time/etc...and I dont plan on being online a lot today (since its so nice out...that or ill be sleeping cause I only got barely 3 hours of sleep last night). Enjoy!

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    ceck the number of the picks washinghton say 68 but should be 70

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I have one request guys...and this is not me trying to be nitpicky....but just to make things easier. If you PM me your picks...

Please put your TEAM and PICK info in the subject something like this... "Steelers pick #7587" or "Steelers 3rd rd pick"

As I do not have everyones team memorized and I have to keep referring back to the list. Also with all the PMs I get with using a title like that I will know it has picks in it/etc and who its for and so on. Instead of a title like "draft" or using the title of the thread or something.

Now if you're sending me something other than picks...i could care less what the title/etc is.

Thanks guys!

10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    For sure! Can't change the rules in the middle of the game. We saw what happened when the NFL did it with their illegal hits. Oh did I say that out loud. haha.[/quote]

Shhh... If you say that too loud, Roger will hear you and fine James Harrison for your indiscretion.

11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a request... If you're on and its your pick, take 15 minutes and make a selection! This BS with guys being on and saying they'll be right back to make their selection and then they end up taking the full time is ridiculous.. I guess I'll just milk the clock too..

12. winggin

Oct 23, 2011

Haha, why do I think you wrote that whole statement just so you can say the word milk.

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Yeah I have addressed this...HOWEVER as I've said we're moving at a record pace and I do NOT want to have to skip Comp picks or have to add them in during the middle of round 4 or whatever. So I said for this round that I added more time to the clock and have kinda told people to take their time so that we can just put them at the end of round 3 like they're supposed to. So right now I am kinda oddly enough encouraging taking some time. After this though...no there wont be any of that promoted.

14. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Ahh, comp picks. I gotcha.. Makes sense.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah...shoot...to keep things legit...if they havent been announced by the time we get to the end of the 3rd...we may take a short break. As I just dont think skipping them would be fair...or throwing them in whenever they announce them (like in the middle of the 4th).

16. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Taking a break if they're not announced is a good idea IMO. It would also allow us to adjust our big boards. Similar to how the real draft war rooms are run.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah I'm thinking this could be the best way to go. I mean we still have over a month until the draft and only 4 rounds to go...and we've gone through 3 in no even 3 weeks. I'm taking notes on how to kinda structure/start things next yr...also to improve upon things and make it smoother since we've moved along so quick/good/etc this yr.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
  19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah I've seen some peoples predictions for the comp pics...and some are probably close.

Right now we have 4 picks left in the 3rd round...if they do not announce the comp picks by the time we finish those 4 picks...we will be temporarily stopping the draft (probably not for long though), until they announce the picks within the coming days.

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not positive, but I'm guessing I can't orchestrate a trade between the two teams I GM?

21. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Nope...no trading between teams if you are running both of them.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well this ends the 3rd round...and we are officially taking a break until the comp picks are announced. We moved through this thing so fast, we beat them to the punch. And instead of skipping them or inserting them in the middle of round 4, this is the best thing to do. So go ahead and get your new "big boards" ready and enjoy the break!

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    FYI I've read that comp picks could be announced monday or tuesday (26th/27th). So keep an eye out...

24. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok the picks have been announced and I will add them to the draft order shortly (I have to step out for a bit now)...for now you can view pick info here...http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d ... line_stack

Only 1 pick will be added at the end of the 3rd round and thats OAKLAND...so attention OAKLAND GM...you will be on the clock when we start.

We will begin the draft again Tuesday...at...say...5 or 6pm?? That sound fair enough?