1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE CONTINUING

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...gpguy (and SteelCity NB...since he started this thing) proudly bring to you for the FIRST TIME EVER on TheSteelersFans.com…the Official Steelers MB Fantasy Mock Draft!! Yes its that time of year again...a time a lot of us look forward to...a time that helps pass the days pass leading up to the draft.

For those of you not familiar with this...it’s pretty simple. There will be a sign up period where you pick a team (if all teams are not picked, then some of us will take on an additional team)...then we go through the draft as they do in real life, each team has a time limit, if they do not pick someone will either pick for them or they will be skipped. When it’s your turn, you pick the player you think your team needs, simple as that. Also (realistic) trades between teams involving player currently under contract to your and picks from this years draft can be made...as long as both teams agree (we'll probably have a separate thread for trades/etc to keep track of them).

All teams and their players will be locked in as of when we officially BEGIN the draft...meaning if a team signs/cuts/trade/etc a player in real life it does NOT effect your team once we’ve started. Same goes with picks, those are locked in also. Only players who are under contract (for the 2012 season and beyond) or have been tendered RFA/franchise/transition/etc will count as part of your team. The ONLY thing that might change...is once the NFL announces this years compensatory picks (for rounds 3-7) those WILL be added in. We're trying to start early this year so we can do more and these have not been announced yet...I'm thinking by the time we'd get to round 3 they should be announced...if they are not announced by the time we get to pick 32 of the 3rd round, we'll either do them once they're announced or we may NOT include that rounds comp picks this year (and we'll just add in the ones we can)...not sure yet.

All trades are to be negotiated via PM and not in public (if there’s any of you who do not know how to PM or check PMs then ask someone). As I said you can trade current players under contract or draft picks (from this years draft. Please reference the draft pick trade value chart as needed http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Also if you will not be here and your pick is coming up...you can PM your pick and I will announce your pick for you...but keep in mind, say there are 3 teams ahead of you, then you would need to PM me FOUR choices (ranked by the one you wont most to least), that way if someone takes one of your choices I'll go to the next and so on. If you do not PM me your picks (if you're not going to be here) and your time limit expires...then ANYONE can be make your pick for you...but it MUST be a logical/fitting/etc pick not just some random player. Now even if you do PM me your picks and you're here when you’re on the clock you CAN announce it yourself.

There will be a time limit for picks. For the first round I was thinking about 12 hours...based on different time zones, etc. I think this is what we went with last year too or very close to it. Then each round will have a shorter time limit as we go on.
    Either in a post or so below this and/or another thread I will post the draft order of all rounds and will post each draft pick next to them as we go through the draft.

Teams are first come first serve, no if ands or buts about it...and that means in THIS thread only...no claiming teams in previous threads or any new threads that may come up or via PM...this is the ONLY place to claim a team. This is to be fair to everyone.

Nobody can claim the Steelers; we will be doing a voting system again that will be below.

I think that should cover it...however please refer back to these first few posts of mine...as they sometimes will get updated with new info/etc.

Oh yeah...please check your PM's frequently, thanks!

Let’s get ready to ruuuuuumble!

Also here is the link to the trade value chart again:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

---------------------------------------

STEELERS PICKS:

Since there are a lot of us who want the Steelers each year (for obvious reasons) I can up with an idea that we’ tried last year and it worked quite well and most seemed to like it. Instead of letting one person run them like usual, that we do a voting system to make the Steelers selections.

With that being said...here’s how its going to work (its quite simple). When we are no more than 3-5 teams away from each Steelers pick...you can begin voting (I will announce when you can start). I will open a new thread for anyone to vote in (just for the votes). You get ONE VOTE for ONE PLAYER...however...if you vote BEFORE the Steelers are on the clock and another team takes who you voted for you CAN change your vote to someone who is available. The Steelers time on the clock WILL be less than any other team...but it will depend on what time of day they go on the clock.

As far as trades for the Steelers are concerned…last year we didn’t do them based on too much potential confusion or whatever (tons of team willing to trade/etc)…also we only considered trading picks not players. Plus as we all know the Steelers rarely do trades during the draft. So I think we will keep it the same this year unless we decide otherwise before we begin. Also all votes will be tallied and announced by me (unless states otherwise).

Time limit per pick (by round):

1st - 12 hours
    2nd - 10 hours
    3rd - 10 hours
    4th - 8 hours
    5th - 8 hours
    6th - 6 hours
    7th – 6 hours

------------------------------------------

Also any MB Trades will be shown next to the pick inside [ ] any other trades shown were down in real life prior to the start of our "season".

You may start claiming your teams below...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!! Also feel free to ask any questions (if your new to this)!

I'd like to have all the teams taken by the time the Combine starts on 2-22-12. Thanks!

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Re: OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT

Teams & Owners:

1. Indianapolis (2-14) - 58stillers
    2. St. Louis (2-14) - Ben There
    3. Minnesota (3-13) - SteelCity_NB
    4. Cleveland (4-12) - gpguy
    5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - Montana Steeler
    6. Washington (5-11) - Scrap
    7. Jacksonville (5-11) - bigsteelerfaninky
    8. Miami (6-10) - Steel_Elvis
    9. Carolina (6-10) - PWP
    10. Buffalo (6-10) - numbah58
    11. Kansas City (7-9) - pjgruden
    12. Seattle (7-9) - gpguy (formerly lersgofor7)
    13. Arizona (8-8) - gpguy
    14. Dallas (8-8) - gpguy
    15. Philadelphia (8-8) - steelersrock151
    16. New York Jets (8-8) - SSylvester
    17. Oakland (8-8) - SteelYourPoints
    18. San Diego (8-8) - NecessaryRoughness
    19. Chicago (8-8) - noitall0605
    20. Tennessee (9-7) - Steel_Elvis
    21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - SteelByDesign
    22. Atlanta* (10-6) - numbah58
    23. Detroit* (10-6) - winggin
    24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - N/A
    25. Denver* (8-8) - steelersrock151 (formerly Steelmojo)
    26. Houston* (10-6) - thorn058
    27. New Orleans* (13-3) - Ben There
    28. Green Bay* (15-1) - GB_Steel
    29. Baltimore* (12-4) - freakfontana
    30. San Francisco* (13-3) - HugeSnack
    31. New England* (13-3) - Centralpa007
    32. New York Giants* (9-7) - HugeSnack

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Normally I wait around to pick my team...but I'm not this time, haha. I'm taking Cleveland...I live in Ohio (but luckily closer to Pittsburgh), but I hear about the Brown's a lot/etc...and I was going to take them in past years, but I didn't.

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Thanks for setting this up. Never did one before, but any chance I can grab Philadelphia? Might as well take the other PA team. And they have a lot to play with in the draft.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I'll take my hometown team... the bungles

6. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

I will take the Patriots.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Niners!

Don't have time to read all that now, but I will later. Thanks gpguy for stepping up again! :good:

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

No problem....plus you've done this before...not much has changed from last year really.

9. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Sounds like fun. Sign me up for Chicago.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

Sure why not, I'll take Indy if they're still available... that way I can almost guarantee I get 1 pick right.

11. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Sign me up for the Redskins. Alot of family and friends are Skins fans and I live in the DC area so i have good knowledge on the Redskins off season situation.

12. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

guess il take Denver

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Everyone before this msg has been assigned their requested teams.

Once you have your team...you may start researching on needs...players that are FAs (so you know who you cant trade/etc) and looking into the incoming rookies/etc.

Just keep checking back here for any updates on things!

14. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I'll claim Green Bay again.

15. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011

I'll take the Chargers, again.

16. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

Scrap any chance I can grab the skins from you. I've been their GM the last two mocks. Don't feel much like studing up on another team. if not it's cool I'll take the Lions.

17. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I'll take the Rams. Thanks for the invite G.P. :herewego:

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Never tried this before but what the heck. I will take the Texans

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

since the bungles are taken i wuold like to take the rats , can i be ozzy ?

20. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011

I've started a new job where I don't necessarily have the same amount of time, but I will keep a running list of who I want to draft and forward via PM if needed. I'll take the Chefs.

21. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Awesome guys! Thanks for coming! I figured I'd contact some of the regulars in case you dont come to this section a lot. There are still a few who I havent seen (some may not have joined here)...Joey, DraftAntajH, SteelBigMoney83, Weylin Fidler & 58Lambert. Not a big deal if these guys arent here or join...but I know some of these guys have been doing this thing for years...however new "GMs" are welcome to join in their place.

If Scrap OKs giving up the 'Skins thats fine with me winggin...he'll just have to OK it here and pick his new team.

Thanks again everyone...we're filling up quick!

22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

I'll take the Vikings.

#3 pick is on the block!

23. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ill take Jacksonville if no one has them.....This draft is so cool

24. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Wow its been barely 24 hours and we only have 13 spots left. Awesome job guys. Maybe this year we wont have to double up on teams since there are more people to join compared to the old MB.

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Ill take the Bills..