1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT TRADES

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Wow...even though it not one bit realistic that the Broncos would trade their high 2nd round pick (going into his 2nd yr) in Moore, but whatever. Some odd moves I tell ya. Panthers got a HUGE HUGE steal in this one.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Bengals are looking to trade down with their 21st pick.

Looking for more picks in rounds 2-3... Also need OG, S, WR, LB

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What am I missing? Deangelo Williams is still a great player and young enough, right? Clausen only played part of one year on a crappy team. In today's Kolb/Whitehurst era, he could be viewed as 3rd or 4th round value based on potential.

4. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    this Moore hardly started Quinton Carter is the better S Denver needed a RB because the two they have one is OLD and the other is always hurt! IMO this is one of the more real trades a Coach getting HIS players

5. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    Denver is looking for WR Te DLine CB and another first round pick any Bronco could be traded just ask

6. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    QB Colin Kaepernick (sp) is on the trading block.

He was a high 2nd round pick last year and displayed nothing but promise and poise during his rookie campaign, seeing lots of preseason action and snaps in camp, as well as some spot duty during the season. I believe he has something like the MOST YARDS EVER in college football history. He can run like crazy and has a cannon for an arm. He will have a Vince Young-like career at absolute worst, and will probably be much, much better. He is a hard worker and intelligent young man. The kid has all the talent anyone could ever ask for, and just needs to see the field to show it. Unfortunately for him, Alex Smith is about to sign a 5 year deal to remain the starter. So on the block he goes, because he would be wasted sitting on the bench here. I am looking for draft picks, WR, DB, DL, OL.

7. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Bengals 21st pick still available, and coming up...

EDIT: It's at my pick. Some awesome DL still on the board. I'm going to wait an hour or so to field offers and then make my pick if nothing is available.

8. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    Denver trades its 2 round pick and elvis dumervil to The Bengals for Michael Johnson and the Bengals 1st

9. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I second this.

10. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    Denver is looking to get back into round 2 available are willis mcgahee champ bailey tim tebow knowshon moreno and picks make offers

11. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It would not be a draft without the patriots trading down. Listening to any offers to stockpile picks.

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Wow...this is getting crazy....the Broncos are almost being torn apart for no reason at all, players being traded away or up for grabs. SteelMojo is giving me a BEASTLY feeling here...anyone else agree?

I dont want to have to step in like I did last year...but I'm getting very close to it. Trading away a high 2nd rd pick in his second yr (Moore), trading their starting DE in Dumervil...and now all the players that are in the table?

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    On top of what I just said...not sure why you even wasted trading up...as obviously Cincy wasnt into him, the Brownies took a DT last year and are solid there, Detroit as 2 first rounders on their DL already and Pittsburgh wouldnt even consider him...you could have saved yourself some picks/players.

14. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

You why guys drive trucks for a living. (example) Only on the internet or local fantasy football leagues do you see a ton of trading. NFL teams just wait till you cut a guy- then they get them for free. I am lost as to whats happening in Denver. Giving up Moore and Dumerville? That Defense was looking good and the reason people t baggin (t bowing)

15. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011
    I mean, drafts are suppose to fill needs, not create them

16. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    i was wanting the WR like i said and how am i tearing apart the team? and the S Moore hardly even started got Michael Johnson a great young DE Broncos needed a WR DT RB CB and QB i have half of there needs so far

17. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

If they keep the guy passing that they did their WR's are fine. (Cant play the Steelers every game)

18. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think you should step in. I don't think he's tearing apart the team. He's trading away some big names, but he's getting some in return.

Traded away:
    2nd round pick
    3rd round pick
    Rahim Moore (promising, but unproven I think? not sure)
    Elvis Dumervil (stud)

Received:
    1st round pick
    Deangelo Williams
    Michael Johnson (underrated and with lots of potential)
    Jimmy Clausen

I'd call it a major overhaul, but I don't think he's getting his pockets picked that badly, if at all. We traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th. You never know, maybe Elvis was causing problems at Mojo's house.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree. Plus you have to look at the fact that the Broncos under Fox have gone from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and Dumervil has struggled as OLB in a 4-3 scheme since he is a pass rusher more than a coverage/run stopper. So there is some positional issues that could come into play.

20. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    Michael Johnson reminds me alot of jevon kearse has hugh upside IMO all of my trades have been realistic! iv filled needs IMO besides this is a FANTASY daft how are my trades any less realistic then the Colts trading there number 1 justsaying :shrug:

21. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

The Colts could easily have traded the #1 pick to a lot of teams and got a LOT for that pick, while it wont happen it easily could have.

While yes this is FANTASY its supposed to be REALISTIC FANTASY. Anyways its nothing personal against you or anything. Last year we had someone that traded players away who would not have been traded in real life at all and they were just doing it to get more picks and for the fun of it...and it kinda took away from the point of all this and just left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths so to speak.

And with you doing some of the moves you're doing...trading away recent high draft picks in Moore (him and Carter both started games this year 10 and 7 respectfully...it doesnt mean squat that Moore started 3 less than Carter...he is still a high 2nd round pick who is and will be a starter)....and then their starting DE in Dumervil, and then you put McGahee and Moreno up, along with Bailey and Tebow...it brought up that whole thing from last year with someone just taking a team apart.

Just do whatever you wanna do...but I am keeping a watchful eye out. Thats all!

-----------------------------

Moving on...as a comment on the Denver/Cincy trade...i do not see how that was one bit even. You exchange DEs...which kinda cancels out as they are somewhat equal (Dumervil is more of a full time starter and Johnson is part time or something)...and then Cincy gives up the 21st pick worth 800 pts for the 57th pick which is only worth 330? It just doesnt make sense...Cincy took a HUGE loss in this...just odd.

22. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    im offering McGahee and Moreno because old and hurt and because i got D Willliams in the Trade with the Panthers Bailey old and i admit Tebow on the block because i dont like him he is not a QB IMO i moved Dumervil because changed there D and to move up to get that extra first had to give up something big! (like i said was wanting to move up take Floyd) plus i REALLY like M Johnson think he is a future star

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Like I said whatever. Players get hurt big whoop...out of the last 3 year D Williams has only finished 1 of those seasons completely...so the same case can be said for him as far as injuries. Tebow I could care less about as I do not care for him either. Dumervil...what does changing the D have to do with it? He was drafted by Denver as a DE and played DE until McDaniels took over and switched them to a 3-4 where he moved to OLB...now that is back to a 4-3 he want back to his natural/regular position of a 4-3 DE. You didnt do much research apparently, JK. As a side note...your trade to try to get Floyd...doesnt make sense...I announced that selection of Floyd a little after 12pm...and you didnt announce your trade until a little before 3pm...why did you still go through with it if the guy you wanted was taken (hours earlier at that)? *smh* Hahaha

24. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011
    Its interesting how people look at value. Not to be 3rd guy in but I agree with gpguy, look at his post with the value chart, I think that alone is the best guide when looking at what picks are worth, and with the new rookie salary structure it may be modified to cost more! I think Dummerville is a hellova DE, Deangelo injuries and his contract make his value pretty low , but like they say, one mans treasure is another mans trash.

25. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    because i thought it was still a good trade to have two 1st round picks Denver have alot of needs(im really high on M Johnson so didnt loose much in Dumervil) two firsts help with that was going to DT with my O pick anyway and there was still alot of good players on the board D Willams has been hurt but when he is healthy he is a damn good back IMO just gave up Moore like i said my other S is better IMO had a couple nice INT this year