1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT - STEELERS VOTING

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Since there are a lot of us who want the Steelers each year (for obvious reasons) I can up with an idea that we tried last year and it worked quite well and most seemed to like it. Instead of letting one person run them like usual, that we do a voting system to make the Steelers selections.

With that being said...here’s how its going to work (its quite simple). When we are no more than 3-5 teams away from each Steelers pick...you can begin voting (I will announce when you can start). All the voting will be done here in public in THIS thread only...also ANYBODY can vote, not just members of the mock. I will announce in this thread when the voting for each round will start and when voting is done.

You get ONE VOTE for ONE PLAYER...however...if you vote BEFORE the Steelers are on the clock and another team takes who you voted for you CAN change your vote to someone who is available. The Steelers time on the clock WILL be less than any other team...but it will depend on what time of day they go on the clock.

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Re: OFFICIAL STEELERS MB/TSF MB FANTASY DRAFT - STEELERS VOT

Since we are at pick number 21 right now (and the Steelers pick 24)...VOTING IS OPEN for the Steelers first round pick. Please refer to the SELECTIONS thread (2nd post down w/in that thread) to see what players have been taken so far.

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

We'd be in a great spot to trade down with some awesome DT's on the board... but since I guess that's not an option, I'll vote for Dante Hightower

To me it's between him or Mike Adams, and Adams is much more likely to bust in my opinion.

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Honestly don't see any value at 24 on the offensive line (very low opinion of Adams as a first), I'm going to vote Hightower if he is there at 24.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

Dante Hightower, if Hightower goes before we pick, it's going to be very very tough to consider the other options in this round, sheesh. I'm also low on Adams, and we really shouldn't be drafting another DL in the first round. Ugh, hoping Hightower does fall to us.

6. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I concur that it should be Hightower if he is still there. :yeehaw:

7. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

I think this thread may have just cost the Steelers Hightower at 24. Better get another selection ready, haha.

8. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

If things going this way I vote to take a G. Take Osemele and convert him to gaurd. He reminds me physically of Carl Nicks who also had a semi high grade at Tackle coming out of Nebraska with about the same questions about . Hell, probably trade down about 15 spots, still get him and pick up another value pick in the progress.

9. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I may not be online to switch my pick when Hightower is drafted, so my top two choices are:

1 - Hightower
    2 - Konz

Dropoff from Hightower to the next dude is greater than the dropoff from Konz to the next dude.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

Throw in my vote for Hightower, too.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Seeing how Ben almost got killed last year I vote for

mike Adams ot Ohio state

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

Dont'a Hightower, ILB from Alabama

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Boy this is a hard one...personally I would trade down at this point...though thats not an option in our mock.

You have Hightower....Konz....Osemele/Zeitler (though they might be SLIGHT reaches).....tough one...I'll ponder this a bit more...since we still have a little bit of time...haha

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011

Well, Atlanta and Detroit are 4-3 teams, and Hightower seems to be a very clear 3-4 kind of player, so maybe he will still be there. He gets my vote. Adams has a lot of good tape from OSU, but those 19 bench press reps have me a bit scared. That is really, really weak for a tackle, even with his length, and I haven't heard a good explanation such as injury.

15. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Zach Brown about best ranked out there buy far. Rest of guys look like they are to green to pick I dont know? Brown has everything physically. Has speed, athletic, size.... can he play the 3-4 inside? Gotta have the scouting DEPT look at him and see if he can replace Farrior. ( I loved Kirkland, but wouldnt you rather have a guy who can run than a heavy guy in todays NFL?)

16. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Hightower

17. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Kirkland could run, baby. He was like if Casey Hampton and Darrell Green had a lovechild, and got the best parts from both of them.

18. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Hightower

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Ok since I'm going to cut off the vote here soon. Its obvious who has won...and I wouldnt hate it if he was the pick, especially if we can get a solid OG with the next pick. Adams is so 50-50 and the rest of the OL are a reach here...so with no trades allowed...I'll go with Hightower also.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Voting has ended for the 1st round selection. Thanks!

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Yes I agree if no trades allowed...If the real draft falls like this I hope the Steelers trade back...

22. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Good pick and probably likely. He's a smart, instinctual, tough leader. I think he and Timmons on the inside would be lights out.

23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

Any suggestions for 2nd round Steelers picks? The OL picks seem to have gone quickly, not sure Brandon Washington G/OT Miami deserves a 2nd round selection. Harrison Smith, safety from Notre Dame? I'd hate to go defense with our 1/2 picks when our OL needs so much help.

Wow, just in the second round and it's getting tough.

24. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

Some guys I like for round two...

C/OG - Phillip Blake - Baylor
    OG - Brandon Washington - Miami
    TE - Dwayne Allen - Clemson
    OLB - Ronnell Lewis - Oklahoma
    S - Harrison Smith - ND

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

Its gonna be a tough pick, given the way the draft has unfolded. I'm not sure we can force a Positional Need pick here. THere aren't any OTs, OGs or NTs I would force a pick on here. Harrison Smith is certainly worth a look. BPA dictates we would have to look at a RB or CB here, and I think CB falls a little more in line with what we need. Guys like Josh Robinson, Chase Minnifield & Dwight Bentley.