1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 30, 2018.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Maybe he does/can... But it'll never happen. That requires too much outside of the box thinking, and our guys are still trying to figure out how to defend 3rd and long.

Besides our secondary guru whispering coach would've felt his presence and made it so by now I would think hahahahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. Here I thought it was a movie line or a line from a song or something. Never even considered it just being a scientific term.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No doubt like on 1st and twenty yeah they will run guys deep then dump it off for a short gain turned into 15 yards and they fall for it every stinking time. My favorite from the Ravens is showing run heavy with motion and then Collins cuts back into the open hole because Jerry O can't teach his guys to wait till the RB commits to fly to a hole. nope just find the first open gap and plug it while the RB goes 25 yards on a cut back route behind you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    In the Cowher years, when they had a down year, I always knew the answers were in the locker room they just needed to pull together.

But tonight, I don't think the answers are in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's because every team knows exactly how our D is gonna react to certain situations. They give us a formation. We give them the answer. It's like taking candy from a baby but a little less of a fight...
    Holy mother of god how many times you gonna leave the TE uncovered . So glad Thomas got those extra reps in practice....they came in handy tonight shutting down the TEs.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Because somebody reminded him the Steelers have only had three coaches in the last 50 years so he has nothing to worry about.

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kept waiting to see him... Did I miss it? Or did he not see the field at all?

8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    NO HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The down years of the Cowher Era which were between 98-00 were because the Steelers continued to let go of any and all their veteran talent. We will never know how Cowher's career would have gone had he had a Big Ben for the duration of his 15 year coaching stretch. Plus, Cowher in this era would have never succeeded. Not with the pussy ass rules and destruction of defense in the NFL.

The issue with the Tomlin Era, and this has been going on with his elite teams or **** teams. Is his teams are way too often not prepared for games and are confused on what to do more often than not. Cowher may have not been Belichick or Lombardi. But I rarely saw his Steelers teams not prepared. Again tonight, the defense was running around with it's head cut off not knowing what the hell to do. They rushed 3 guys to avoid the big play, but all that did was open up the dink and dunk. It was nothing new. Same ill prepared team with no answers to anything except for one TD drive. That's it.

Steelers are toast. Their defense was toast the second Shazier's spine collapsed. Tomlin is an average coach at best. It's not anyone's fault, it is what it is. The distraction of the league, Bell, the Steeler way is all coming together at the ****tiest time. The Steelers and their way of doing business has hit a wall. The Rooney's have to reap what they have sown because they were the big catalysts of bringing in this pile of **** of a commissioner, and in 10 years, he has destroyed football in what it was. Steelers football was about defense, attitude and physicality. The NFL has removed physicality from its game. It has become the pussy ass version of what society is trying to throw down our throats.

Blame is also on the owners for being the greedy pieces of **** they are. And former players who started suing the league and forcing them to eat **** on the game of football.

It's sad to watch football now and see what it is. That block by Conner that was a 15 yard penalty was a travesty. That was the microcosm of all the garbage that this game has become.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In the second half AB and Vance each had 1 catch I think it was, that's not winning football. Enough already with those handoffs to Switzer, those are wasted downs they don't fool anybody with that crap. Where the heck is James Washington? They drafted him to be a deep threat, and a short yardage WR like Switzer gets more targets in the game :shrug:. The defense did their best in the second half holding the Ravens to 4 FGs, the offense was no help a total of 47 yards in the second half. We got road Ben, instead of home Ben in this game :facepalm:. Memo to TJ Watt, you can't just dominate against the Browns and then disappear the next 3 games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :puking::puking2::puking 3:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Well put.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats just pwp, just roll with it.

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am. Its still silly though.

16. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Sorry to rub it in, but that was a terrible loss. TD overturned results in a bad snap TD for Stanford. Then they fumble when milking the clock? I still think they could have gone into the V formation. Crazy stuff...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Two games in a row with ZERO second half points, very disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I feel like someone else just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :puking2:

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Silly is the play of our deep Safety. They have no speed they have very little ability to tackle in space...They have no ability to close on a ball in the air and make the catch combative ...

DHB is better at all of these .. We could go single high with him and we would be much better on snap one..

He has speed he knows routes he tackles in space all the thinggs our current guys don't know..That's why..Are you as thick headed as our Coaches ? The bottom line is he has more talent and it's plain to see ..

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  23. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was about to post a serious and somber response, then saw this. Now I gladly quote a favorite move of mine. I went from mad to chuckling.

Marty: What happened to Stumpy Joe?

Derek: Well, uh, it's not a very pleasant story...but, uh, he died...uh...he choked on...the ac- the official explanation was he choked on vomit.

David: He passed away.

Nigel: It was actually, was actually someone else's vomit. It's not....

David: It's ugly.

Nigel: You know. There's no real....

Derek: You know they can't prove whose vomit it was...they don't have the facilities at Scotland Yard..

David: You can't print, there's no way to print a spectra-photograph...

Nigel: You can't really dust for vomit

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Hey 6 great post I said just about the same things to my buddy yesterday at work. Vance was a beast(yes you heard me say that lol) in the first half running people over and why didn't he see the ball in the 2nd half? Also Washington where was he, people here are sating we miss Bryant deep to open things up for AB, well Washington can do that give him the chance. Switzer, love the guy but plz give the ball to our play makers!!!!

We all know this defense is bad but 2nd half they played pretty darn good considering they were on the field most of the half. It is so time for Ben to help this team and carry his share making this so called powerful offense live up to it's reputation!

• Like Like x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The truth is neither side of the ball is doing the other any favors. Yes the O stunk mainly because of Ben but to try and justify that defensive performance is far fetched. When the game was still in the balance they allowed the Ravens to go on a 90 something yard drive,like 14 plays eating up over 11 minutes. Yes they held them to 4 FGs but that's because the Ravens went conservative on their last 2 drives because they knew a FG essentially ended the game and Tucker is automatic,so why take a chance? The way our D was reeling and unable to tackle at that point do you honestly think they couldn't have scored TDs? I don't...
    When your D gives up 8-17 on 3rd and 4th downs and your O is 2-12 . Guess what? You stink on both sides.
    So far I give the O ,1 win this year(TB). The D, 1 loss (KC) 1 tie(CLE) and a 1/2 a loss to each(BALT).