1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official GDT Steelers @ Cardinals.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Sodfather, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I agree with you. I could see him being a useful backup for a long time. He is limited in what he can do physically but he seems smart and minimizes mistakes. That is all you can ask of a dude in his role.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey MojaveDesertPghFan.

Thank you for the details. As I stated, I did not see the game or highlights or scorebox prior to my post. Others here filled me in as well as you. Thank you again, to you and all. Another board member informed me of the following: "The defense had 5 sacks and 3 interceptions and held the Cardinals under 250 yards of offense". Now, that is what I am talking about!

Those kind of stats erased my concerns of any type of "regression" that I panicked about. It is just that with our new found "D" I am still partially in fantasy land regarding how good we have become and hope that it is for real. It seems to be the real deal. We are going to need these types of performances from here on in, and yes, even better given our average "O" which is doing a nice job as well. I just do not want anyone to become "complacent and satisfied" with where we are at on "D" which has obviously become our strength. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. He has two misses, one on an attempt over 50 yards and the other when Berry bobbled the snap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I never knew he didn't play the lead. The only reason I assumed he did was because I have seen him playing a Strat on occasion. On a related note, I have become obsessed with a guy named Jr Brown. I actually saw him on TNN years ago playing a surf medley and I thought he was amazing. I stumbled across him on youtube a couple of months ago and he is incredible. I'm hoping I can get to see him live. He plays a version of "Freeborn Man" live that has to be seen to be believed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Jimmy.

Have not talked to you in a while. I hope all is well. I posted last week about the "Formidable 2s" I do not know if you read it. The gist was regarding our WR crew and that no one has really separated themselves from the pack as a "True #1 WR". In the same breath, I stated that it was okay IMO. That our 3-set of JuJu, Washington and Diontae are all good at what they do. And if we can line them all up at the same time finally they become a very "Formidable" group of WRs. This week, as you stated was "Diontae's breakout game".

I
    think that on any given week it can be any one of the three or a combination to provide the "O" with the needed spark. I would rather have three good WRs then one dominant #1 and then a major drop off after that. All three are very young and just getting started IMO. They need time to build cohesiveness and chemistry. Only time can provide that.

Combine those three with a consistent running game and the return of the "Invisible TEs" and a strong-Line and our "O" looks pretty good. Now, it all comes down to the play of the QB. Just no silly mistakes or decisions out there. "Game Manager" out there. I do not like the term but it is what it is. Take #45.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

7. leonartist

leonartist Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    i agree i woudve kicked it too but maybe they say something eariler in the game they thoght was a sure bet. Duck and the yiung receivers probably are not on the same page (like the pick last week) so lets minimize attemptes for now.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was a stupid call. There is no good reason to take that risk in that situation. Unless Tomlin is covering for his punter's stupidity, he made a terrible decision there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Edmunds was showing off those horrific ball skills again. I think if he takes a better path to the ball, he at least knocks it down.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Johnson's punt return left me wondering if any of Switzer's defenders are ready to admit defeat. The punt return game is a little better now, right?

If that had been Switzer, he'd have run for about four yards before being easily tackled.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've said all along that Switzers usefulness left with Ben. I'm not sure Ben can even save his job if he loses his ST position.

He has a lot of pull though, so it won't surprise me to see Switzer back in the slot next season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe, but losing Switzer actually helped the team this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

:herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    At least he saw the ball this time.

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We can be proud of this win even though the Cards are not too good. This was an away game, so that makes it tougher. The primary reason is IMO that the Cards fought very hard. They seemed pumped up to try to win this one. An announcer said something about extra practice or something to win this game. Almost a fanatical effort by them to beat us IMO. They wanted it bad and we denied them.

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It was a nice win go STEELERS!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree (as stated in my post).
    If it worked and they got the first down, the media would have sold it as 'a gutsy call', which was my point.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Apparently, the longest Steeler punt return ever! Something about that Stadium that brings out the best in the Steelers. Last time they played there in 2011, Ben to Wallace 90 some yd TD that was longest in Steeler history at that time as well.

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow all I can say is I am enjoying the win. I don't care if we were playing a 3 win team, I just don't care. We are a team who has lost so much on and off the field and getting off to an 0-3 start to where we are now is just incredible. Every win is just putting a smile on my face, with that said here is my take on yesterday.

DJ, man congrats what a game man. I have said it before when JW had a good game I like our wr's now. Juju, DJ, JW and Cain are talented and once we get a real OC these young guys are going to be dangerous.

Haden, the dude is playing with more and more confidence each game and we are seeing the results. He set up that young QB and it was cool to watch.

TJ/Bud, man these guys are just bringing it and are making every QB play scared.

Duck, while he wasn't bad not scoring a bunch of points on this defense is concerning. I know he didn't light up the stat chart but him pulling it down and taking off is something Mason wouldn't do and that is something I feel we need with a struggling offense.

Tomlin, I was in the red on the fake punt. However if we make the first down he is a hero and if not well I am sure many have said what he is already. I was not in favor of it but with that said it was a ballsy move and I respect that.....since we won the game, lol. I have been one who just can't stand this guy and been very vocal about wanting him gone. Why I bring that up is I am also one who will give props and MT needs some. All the things this team has gone through and we are the 6th seed right now........and are a relevant team in the NFL. MT gets the blame when we don't make the playoffs or go one and done so I feel he needs credit for what is going on right now.

Overall this game wasn't pretty but if you are an old school Steelers fan you loved it. DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE, it's the Steeler way and has come back in 2019! I will walk into work today with a Steeler smile ear to ear.......

Oh one last thing STEELER NATION you guys rock. This is what the 2nd road game this year we owned the stadium..........OWNED!!!!!!!! Nice job fans it was real cool to see that on tv watching the game.

:herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

21. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This is the most fun I've had in a very long time watching our defense.

Jeez, if only we had this D for the last 3-4 years!

We need to keep the talent on this D at almost any cost.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1