1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Gameday thread: Steelers @ Houston Week 4

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Oct 1, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. Qbs can make a difference. Example Bengals when Burrow is completely healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers gonna get a whoopin' next week from Ravens.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Boswell for the win!

• Like Like x 1
  4. psycho ward

psycho ward Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

Same old Tomlin.......he has no answers......its obvious

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Makes me sad watching two professional offenses operate like this

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That 4, and 1 was a very terrible call, but not one person on here can say honestly that there wasn't a wide open target on it, and KFP bailed straight into pressure

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Matters who playing Qb for us. Lamar Jackson is not CJ Stroud, and will not be playing a rookie Qb like He did today.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Very true. But if you kick the field goal there Pickett isn't hurt, you are down 7, and you have all the momentum. That one dumb call changes the dynamics of the entire season. Absolute stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Winner, winner chicken dinner!

We need a top flight QB, but we've NEEDED a non-overmatched head coach for 10+ years.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't disagree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That sounds about right. I don't think he has played well at all, but I've seen enough flashes late last season and in this preseason to think it's too early to give up on Pickett. I think he has been thrown into a terrible situation with an incompetent offensive coordinator and poor pass protection. Losing Johnson in the opener was also a killer. He was the one guy who looked good against the 49ers and he is the only receiver they have who can consistently get separation. We are seeing what a Matt Canada offense looks like without a guy like him.

12. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Not sure that is good news.

Try to imagine this Steelers team facing off against the Dolphins or Bills or Chiefs. Yeah, we'll all need therapy if that happens in December.

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    In brighter news, the Browns suck too. Steelers can still make the playoffs at 9-8 and do their usual one and done.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Dolphins looked like @ss today...just like Steelers and Browns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Im going to miss that guy, man.

16. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    STD.. I agree with alot of you stuff, but with that said you're like a bi- sexual ex girlfriend...You want it both ways.... We all agree Kenny has been real average, but also gives us the best chance to win....Now he's gone, you want him back.But part of the reason he's been real average is PLAY CALLING. It does matter..Now we got Mitch fu<kin tribuski and we both think he sucks...This is bad all around

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    TurndownforWatt wrote what I was thinking. They needed to kick the field goal there. I was shouting it at the television. The offense just hadn't been good enough to justify taking that risk. Then, to make it worse, the formation and play call were terrible. Not putting Pickett under center telegraphed that it was a pass. The initial coverage was perfect, which led to Pickett scrambling. The injury is bad luck, but those things can happen if you keep putting your quarterback in bad situations. The Steelers just fell apart after that play. The defense definitely deserves some blame for that, but the players fought their way back into the game today and Tomlin and Canada blew their shot and maybe lost the team its quarterback.

18. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Do the coaches not know what players they have? KP missing open wrs and bailing is easily predicted

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh no ....fire all their coaches. I bet the Ocs made the Qbs play bad for them today. LoL

20. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Steelers would be thrilled with a 7,8,9 win season it creates the illusion that they are contenders when in fact they are not close

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

None of those teams are on the schedule. So they can only see them in the playoffs. So don’t seem likely.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That receiver came open late. How is he supposed to trust he has time to wait on that given the lack of protection all day? He bailed to try to buy time, which made sense from a quarterback who can't trust his protection. That is why Tomlin ripped into the offensive line after that series.

I have a problem with him throwing it short on the interception. I have a problem with him not seeing Heyward come open. I don't have as much of a problem with him baling on that fourth down when he hadn't been protected well this season and certainly not in this game.

If he could trust the offensive line, they probably get a touchdown to Heyward on the previous drive and he hangs in there with a chance to complete the pass on the fourth-and-one.

I just hope the injury doesn't end his season, mostly because I want to see if he can get better. If this season is going to go to ****, it would be a disaster if this is all we see of Pickett because it isn't enough to make a final decision on him. Unless they end up in a position to take Caleb Williams, I don't think they are going to give up on Pickett yet.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    No....Bills just beat the sh!t out of Dolphins. Nothing more, nothing less.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So what do want a coach to do if His Qb that they drafted in the 1st round isn't seeing open guys, and not hitting the ones He does see.....especially when the Defenses playing us see the same thing, and are loading up to stop the run. You try and either trick them(which they did with a wide open target), or kick the field goal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    It feels like I'm having a stroke when I listen to Lamar Jackson speak

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2