1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official: Gameday thread Steelers @ Browns Sunday (19 NOV 23)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Every NFL coach in the league will tell you there is no play for 3rd and 10+. Most teams throw behind the sticks on those plays because of how the defenses are setup. I watched no less than 7 other teams do the same thing today.

2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    On runs, pretty damn good.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sorry, no sale. If that was the case, then why do our very own Steelers seem to have an aggravating tendency to give up more third and ten plus yard passing plays that go for first downs? I'd say some teams have plays for third and ten plus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Can't believe big ben and mitch can't throw as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Harvin had been decent this season, but two stinkers in a row really hurt.

I wonder if the lack of play-action is due to a lack of faith in the pass protection. I think the opening offensive play was play-action, but the Browns were all over it. Play-action takes time and the pass protection just wasn't holding up most of the day.

I do blame Canada for some of Pickett's troubles. He isn't putting his quarterback in good situations. They had a game plan for man-to-man coverage and didn't seem to adapt at all. Also, how the hell are the quarterback and receivers still not on the same page that often 10 games into the season?

6. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Ah.....Browns TEBOW Steelers again.

7. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Decent isn't good enough, and he's been barely even that for 3 years now. With this pathetic offense, we need a guy that can punt the ball further than 40 yards

8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Your last sentence is a damn good question. Halfway through the season, I could understand a mix-up or two through the last 7-8 games. These throws to no one, or on the wrong side of the hash or whatever the case may be are happening with far too much regularity this far into the season. Obviously, this offense isn't good enough to waste downs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett said they had two just on that last possession. I knew he and Johnson weren't on the same page on second down, but I think it was on first down, too. That just can't happen in that situation.

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Darn Denver just won.

11. GtownNCSteeler

GtownNCSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Hopefully the new OC will bring some excitement and different play calling and not be so predictable but we still may be handcuffed if the O line does not get fired up and start performing at a higher level!

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Should have thrown the challenge flag! His arm hit OOB first!