1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok fine, lets fire Canada. But how many OC's do we have to go through before we admit maybe there's a bigger problem? Arians, Haley, Fitchner and now Canada. 4 OC's and still nothing but problems.

The fact Haley was fired despite him and Ben doing good things together makes me want Tomlin fired that much more. Tomlin needed to reign Ben in and tell him to stop being a little ***** and do what Haley tells him to do. Instead he pouted like the man child that he is and they fired Haley because Ben didn't like him.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    My perception of Tomlin is that he doesn't seem confident in his power as a head coach to hire top notch assistants. Like he needs to be told you should probably fire this guy or interview and see if you can get this guy. Doesn't want to be that bad guy where Cowher truly didn't give a f*ck. Maybe management limits his power, we'll never truly know. But a successful head coach you would think should know how to identify his deficiencies and outsource them to assistants. This is the safest franchise there is, don't be afraid to shoot for the moon. That is if the powers that be allow it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Mike Tomlin needs to go, he has gotten stale and his constant use of clichés is just plain corny.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No other than the fact I worked to build that dome where they played for 2 years. I didn’t mind they Rams. Just couldn’t stand their fans. I guess that comes along with living in a town with an NFL team and being a diehard fan of another team.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I want both Ben and Canada gone. But surprisingly probably Ben moreso because maybe then we can get a truer answer as to who is limiting the offense.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He hired Haley and Munchak?

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Did he though? We just don't know the answer. Haley seemed hired over his head because of his father working for the Steelers in the past. Just seems a little too convenient.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is just my opinion, but one is old, and the other hasn't really succeeded anywhere.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll if using that logic how can you hold him accountable for any of his assistants?

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That gets back to the mystery of whether Tomlin has full autonomy. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Can’t complain about hiring Canada then not give credit for Munchak

12. Crustydusty

Crustydusty New Member

Dec 26, 2021
    Tomlin over the years has done less with the most talent on his teams over the years. At some point you have to question the head coach.

13. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a Leafs fan. I've never seen them win a stanley cup. So clearly I'm a sucker for punishment. But I can honestly say they try every year. They spend a ton on scouts and assistants. They bring in new players, new coaches, etc. They do their best.

If 4-5 years from now Tomlin is still here and the results are still the same, I seriously might have to question whether I believe the Rooney's are even trying to win. And don't misunderstand. Wanting to win and trying to win are not the same thing. One can want to win without trying. And if I get to the point where I believe they are no longer trying to win, I will be done with the team for as long as I continue to believe that.

I'm not there yet, but I believe Tomlin is a huge problem and we will never again win with him here. At some point, the Rooney's can no longer be excused for maintaining his employment.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Yes, you can complain because for every one Munchak there are five Canada's hired. Sarrett, Fichtner, Joey Porter, Lake, Klemm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    the ongoing problem of communication between secondary and LBers is still killing me as well as what Jerry O is teaching his unit. I watched Spillane do the same crap Bush does. He jumps the first gap he sees and there is a lineman not engaged with anyone who moves to block him, meanwhile the back keeps moving to the outside where no one is. Haden handing off his responsibility so he can protect from Mahomes taking off except the safety he handed off to didn't know it and Mahomes completes a 1st down and more throw. the attention to details just isn't there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin needs to go that I can agree.

17. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Not true. MT is good behind the mic. He has mic skills. His coach speak isn’t matched by many. He knows how to bull****, and bull**** can get one far in life.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Was Lake really a bad hire, or was it what he had 2 work with

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure, but it’s time for changes

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why should he keep his job, i keep hearing he shoudnt be fired but no one is giving a reason why he shoudnt be :shrug:

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Saw a story on yahoo sports saying Leftwich was a candidate for the Jag's head coaching vacancy

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It was probably both. Kind of what we are seeing now. There is some talent on the offense, but not enough, and the coaches cannot maximize the talent that is there. But the reality is the cap issues hurt, the o-line aged, and it is in the process of being rebuilt.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh look I have a new stalker

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. The playcalling has been bad. Execution has been even worse. What I wonder though is how much resistance Canada gets from Ben. We all know Ben is a man child. He pouts when he doesn't get his way, which is why Haley was fired. Ben has already made a few passive aggressive comments about Canada, so I can't help but wonder if Ben has resisted what Canada wants to do, to the point that the offence has suffered.

I have no loyalty to Canada. I don't care if he stays or goes. Actually considering I want Tomlin gone, that means Canada would be gone as well. I'm just saying that I don't know how much blame I attribute to Canada when I know that Ben is a big part of the problem, both his execution and his attitude.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Along this line of thinking I don't remember Tomlin saying anything when Porter wasn't extended and Butler assumed his former position. I don't remember if he said anything about Haley either