1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Did the Dolphins not start a QB the week before the Steelers beat A Smith and the Chiefs? Did the Bungles not start a QB in 2015? I must be one of those slower fans.

2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    If Mason Rudolph backs up Roethlisberger for 1 game like he did when he tied the 0-8 Lions he doesn't become a starting QB.

Tomorrow will be the 2nd starting QB the Steelers have beaten in the playoffs since 2010! Let's go!!!:clapping:

3. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Sure, if you’re gonna move the goal posts to support your theory. But in doing so, just keep in mind not every one agrees with your opinion. So, maybe try not to call them a slow learner. Pretty sure that’s a disability that some people have.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I meant that as a general statement, not one specific to the departure of Arians. I find the little Arians tangent boring.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Incorrect regarding Tua.

Stephen Ross and Chris Grier overruled Flores to draft Tua over Justin Herbert. Those reports back in 2020 have far more validity now than they did back then. If anything, Flores' reasoning to want Herbert over Tua has been on display ever since.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who the hell cares if they had to beat a backup QB in the playoffs? You keep mentioning it like the victory comes with an asterisk :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you willing to admit you are wrong about Josh Allen? I wish the Steelers had a young stud QB like that, he has a great arm and can run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    :roflmao: Is that what "reports" say?

Why did Flores go to Oregon's pro day in 2021 but not 2020? Flores showed zero interest in Herbert. You are telling me that Brian Flores desperately wanted to draft Herbert but was overruled by the most agreeable GM in the NFL, and that he never showed any interest in drafting Herbert?

Show me a story before Sept. 2021 that Brian Flores wanted Herbert or admit you're being an ass. Tua was drafted in April 2020 and 17 months later stories come out that Flores wanted Herbert?!

9. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    If Ben was hurt right now and we lost to KC with Mason starting you wouldn't have said "We had to play with our backup QB"? I would. So that's where we are different I guess. I feel like beating the Seahawks in OT when they were starting Geno Smith was different than if they had Russell Wilson.

Explain to me why I am wrong and how a team with Geno Smith is just as good as a team with Russell Wilson.

10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah well another illustration of my point is that I just had someone pull "reports" from Sept. 2021 that say Brian Flores wanted to draft Justin Herbert in Apr. 2020.

At some point basic logic is required. There are conflicting reports on most issues anyways.

I remember like it was yesterday when every media outlet had confirmed Rodgers wouldn't return to the Packers this year. Good times.

11. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Well for one thing it counted as a win and they needed all the wins they had this year to be able to play today.

I guess the Giants don’t count the SuperBowl win they had with Jeff Hostetler or the Redskins count the win with Doug Williams.

12. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    The Giants held other teams to 11 points per game that playoffs. If you're comparing the Parcells/Belichick Giants to Marvin Lewis' Bengals that's pretty funny. Yeah, the 1990 Giants, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs could all win games with bad QB play and historically great defense. Just like the 2015 Bengals right? Same thing?

The Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since 2000 and were starting a backup QB on an Adam Gase team. Explain why you think they were on the level of a Joe Gibbs team who won 3 Super Bowls in the 80s with 3 different QBs. I don't see a comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

Glazer gets paid to speculate. What a country we live in when a untalented nobody like Jay Glazer can name drop on who the Raiders next coach could be. First of all, selling the farm for an established, winning football coach is something Mark Davis would be stupid/crazy enough to do. However, Mark Davis is also smart enough to realize that trading Tomlin is something the Rooney's would never do. Which makes Glazer's tweet click bait, which is all he's good for. How the hell that a-hole ever ended up on TV as a pro football analyst is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently You have not read anything I've said on the subject. 6 years before I fully believe in a Qb that I didn't believe in 2 start with.
    If You are going by His game against Pat's last night. Well if You had read My post the day before the game I figured he would win. Pats are horrible against running Qbs. Always have been. They run 2 much man,and when they don't they suck at zone. Same reason Cam Newton is undefeated against them. Does that make Cam Newton awesome??????
    Are You not also the one that told Me how dumb I was because I didn't want Sam Darnold, and You would take Him in a minute. ?????:shrug:
    Not try 2 start anything, but I don't go gaga over a Qb because of one game or a couple of seasons.
    Same type of people laughed at Me about Lamar, Baker, and Goff.
    I don't hear any of them laughing now.:hmm:

15. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    So now we have two more criteria. Back up QBs don’t count as back up QBs if there’s a great defense.

Also, wins don’t count against bad coaches. Imagine what the whole FMTI crowd would say to that.

I feel like your groin must hurt worse than TJ’s with all the stretching your doing to paint the Steelers’ record as something akin to the Lions and Browns.

16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    What? We lost to the Browns with Baker and can't play the Lions in the playoffs.

17. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This.

Tomlin needs to stay. But there are things he needs to improve that have been discussed ad nauseum. No sense in rehashing it here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Most agreeable GM?! Hardly. Chris Grier is the furthest thing from a General Manager and the closest thing to a puppet. Furthermore, as to why neither Flores, Grier nor Ross attended in 2020 was due in part to the fact that Dolphins scouts have already done their due diligence during the 2019 CFB Season during their visits to Oregon; other NFL Scouts being at said games no less.

Now... as for these reports prior to September of 2021, here is one by Matt Miller; a former Draft Writer for bleacherreport.com. Another article by Kevin Wade of 24/7 Sports highlights this a bit more. Again and, as repeated in perpetuity before, Ross overruled Flores; Grier the same as he is the puppet. In the end, Tua was the selection over Herbert and again, the details outlined in these articles are further confirmation as to why Flores wanted Herbert in the first place.

In short? Ross is the puppet master and craves nothing but obedient puppets. His PR talk with the local media at the Dolphins yearly end presser was nothing more than half hearted damage control. Needless to say, the next Head Coach Ross will hire will be another puppet as opposed to an actual Head Coach; said puppet being given a much longer leash as a result of his obedience.

*** Side Note ***

Name calling.... not the best way to associate yourself with members on this thread; doubly so myself. Continual repetition of such behavior often leads to one's own demise on a message board. Take this advice and do with it as you see fit.

19. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    If Flores is a puppet don't want him.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    .... .*ahem*......

Given how the final two weeks of the season has turned out....... hats off to Tomlin. Sure, he needed some serious and most unexpected assistance but, does not matter how you punch your ticket into the playoffs. So long as you are there.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Flores was not; hence his firing. Ross is not going to sign off on someone he cannot control.

22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Flores just finished an interview in Chicago saying, "Oh Mr McCaskey I would love to build a team around Justin Fields, sir. And may I add what an excellent choice you made, sir. Justin is a fine young man and I draft based on intangibles also, sir."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

.... I see.....

Well.. wish it had not come to this. You leave me no choice... it was good chatting with you while it lasted.

Take it easy man. You do you. :hi:

24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Is this my demise?

Irony of all this is I'm the same type of person as Flores in terms of conflict he's just way more over the top. He's from Brownsville. Brownsville.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    news flash for you, Rudolph put us in position to win that game twice