1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Keith Butler Immediately Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by harristotle, Sep 16, 2018.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I feel that is a big part of our problem,almost always promoting from within. I don't think you use the fear of who is gonna replace someone as the reason you keep someone who is underperforming at their job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I agree its the coaches job to put his players in position to succeed but this isnt the first time we have seen this. I really cant remember the last time i was happy to see the Def come on to the field. Haden is the key for this team to stop anyone but he has as much of a chance to not get injured as this team does to get a key stop. Coaching is a problem but i stand by the def backs are not very good either

3. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Sure would be nice if there was a corner heavy team out there that was in need of a running back

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    then perhaps the owner is part of the problem. Junior isn't his father and he isn't the Chief.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t. I’d be fine with Porter and I’d be fine with someone else.

6. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Something has to be done..the D has given up 87 points in the last two HOME games..no excuse..lack of pressure, bad angles and our DB's look worse than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest..

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How is that when Munchak came to town, our Oline improved drastically to be among the best in the league? Is it that we've had numerous high picks added to the Oline? Quite possibly, but we've also lost those guys to injuries at various points over the years and our Oline doesn't miss a beat. We plug back ups in and we just keep on rolling.

On defence it doesn't seem to matter who we add, we continue to suck. Our only good players seem to be guys from other teams.

Could the difference be coaching? I know what I think...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    The Chiefs had their way with our defense today. Butler's defense did not dictate the play to the Chiefs offense. Change things up, blitz to protect your woeful secondary. That was hard to watch.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All the blitzing in the world isn't gonna help when you are playing soft and confused behind it....

10. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    At least it would have given Mahones less time to make and eat a sandwich.

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    AFCCG debacle vs the Pats, 40+ points vs Jags last year and the man is still unemployed. Seriously makes me disrespect the Roomeys as they show their loyalty is more with their coaching inner circle, then their fans. They know they'll still get butts in seats....totally playing with their base to stay loyal to their coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's amazing if somebody ever posts negative about the Rooneys there is always at least one dislike. Like they are royalty and their decisions can never be questioned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What happen to the sb defense you argued me down we had all offseason?

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Say what now?

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Porter a defensive coordinator? :lolol: I needed a good laugh. At least the Cheatriots lost.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If they fire Butler who’s gonna be DC?

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    HeyBey of course

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    the former DL coach turned Assistant Coach

19. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nuff said about Munchak. He has been fantastic as the O-Line coach. We do have a good offensive line and he has been a huge part in developing that.

Butler needs to go and take Porter with him. He is a LB coach and look at our LB's. No way I want this guy as the Defensive coach. Look elsewhere, please. Right now, knowing the Steelers, we are stuck with both Butler and Tomlin for the entire year. But maybe they will stink it up so much that the top brass will have to make a change.

rutan

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Since Tim Tebow beat the Steelers, Tomlin has been a D grade coach. That's 6 years of bad game plans, horrible adjustments and badly displined teams. James Harrison pointed this out several times. We see it with our own eyes. I never liked Tomlin, never did anything for me. He is a figure head now. That's it. Steelers will be loyal to a fault. Steelers fans will have to deal with it.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not going to happen, I don't see anybody on staff capable of taking over for Butler.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe, but I doubt it. First off he’s older than dirt and I never really see him involved with anything on the sidelines. Porter always has the headset and is communicating.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’ll be too busy playing Safety.
    Plus I think he performs Heart Surgery in his spare time. I think I read he’s close to solving world peace.
    Oh yeah he has captured Big Foot too. Press conference tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought I saw him trying to calm AB on the sideline. At this point they need simple and 1 clear voice. Shut the "lab" down and work on the basics. No free release, no soft zone.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree. I’m not sure what’s going on, but you gotta be able to do the basics at least. Correct me if I’m wrong, but we played a lot of man coverage against the Browns, but not so much against the Chiefs?