1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Keith Butler Immediately Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by harristotle, Sep 16, 2018.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Bradshaw was spot on when he said Tomlin is a bad coach and why in the hell would you not fire the DC after the points he gave up last year

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Somebody on the staff got them so worked up about Hill and hunt. They were all staring into the backfield on every pass

3. xplatformjedi

xplatformjedi Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Do Tuitt and CAM generate any pressure up the middle? The secondary was picked apart because there was no penetration to upset KC's 3 step drop. We got way more pressure on him than the KC defense did on Pitt, but KC's QB didn't take longer than 3 seconds to find his open receiver.

To disrupt that timing you have to get pressure up the heart of the defense.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually I think they get along and if not so what just let Rex coach the D just like it seems he's letting Butler do,because if he is having any kind of say right now,we're in even more trouble than we think...

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would absolutely be for that. Wasn’t much of a HC but he was a heck of a DC.

6. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You mean this?

"I don’t know Mike Tomlin. I tried to call him a couple times, and he didn’t return my phone calls. That’s no big deal; there’s a lot of people that don’t return my phone calls. I did use an outside source to try to hook up with him.

"I played for a tough guy in college. I played for a tough guy in Pittsburgh. Mike Tomlin is winning football games, but at the same time, Super Bowls are just disappearing, and that’s my criticism. How can you have this great offense, and you being a defensive guy? That football team should have been in another Super Bowl, or two. How could they not be? And to lose at home to Jacksonville? I don’t care how good Jacksonville played New England in the championship game. You lose 45-42 — are you kidding me — in a championship game? Ben and those guys on the offense, they should have won the game 42-17, 42-10. But they didn’t. I go look at the coach and criticize him; I could care less. That’s my opinion.

"I played for a tough sucker, and I was afraid of him. I played my ass off for him because we feared him, and I don’t see that for this guy. He’s chest bumping and all that. I’m heavy corporation here, man. I’m the CEO, I’m the chairman of the board, I’m talking to the stock holders and I’m telling them, ‘Here’s what I’m gonna do at the end of the quarter,’ and I’m selling this thing, and I’m not delivering the goods which is championships, you gotta face the criticism. I’m sorry, but he’s not my kinda coach, but I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again: they win. But look, how could you not win. How could Belichick not win in New England with Brady? He’s going to win. He’s got the people to win."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Wtf? Why not? Is there anything to lose? Desperate times call for desperate measures and we have reached a point of desperation....FKBI

8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Nolan?

He could get the other team to go three-and-out.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Same thing i been screaming for years against RPO/Spread types of O you cant't stay in zone ..You have to be able to play man or man/zone ... We can't because our LB can't guard the TE and our Safety can't either ...Our LB can't guard a RB and our Safety can't either ... And we have no shut down corner to allow the man/zone concepts without Haden..

So we need all these to be better than good..Without it we can not stop a good QB making the right read and we make those reads way to easy because of the lack of talent to mix things up...

Cut Bell and Improve the Team it's that simple...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Read my response again :smiley1:

11. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Yes !! Yes !! Yes!!
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It wasn't a three step drop. He was in shotgun for every passing play and under center for nearly every run. They ran spread formation almost the whole game and if they aren't jamming all the guys at the line no pass rush is going to get to him.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No I know I'm agreeing with you agreeing with me :smiley1:. I'm saying why the F not ...FKBI

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol, ah, gotcha :thumbs up:

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    That's how I feel when this D actually makes a stop....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Also I still believe with all my heart we should use DHB in a single high look and get another guy in the box..As bad as our cover 2 is no way would DHB be worse ..Conversion late in career be damned ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Whoa whoa wait a minute....don't be throwing common sense out there when it seems to be in such short supply with our coaches...

18. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    In the 19 games that KB has been our DC he has given up 416 points which is 21.9avg

19. xplatformjedi

xplatformjedi Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Thanks for the correction. You're right...but I was more questioning why we couldn't disrupt their QB. It wasn't a 3 step drop. He didn't hold the ball for more than 3 seconds before he threw it to an open receiver.

20. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    108 points in the last 3 games. That's a big OUCH.

21. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    87 points in the last 2 home games!!

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Isn't this supposed to be a result driven league...it's not like this embarrassing D is something new. The Tomlin /Butler combo has been disappointing for the last few years going back to the NE fiasco in the playoffs and JAx last year and many other occasions in big games where our communication was terrible.
    Sitting back and doing nothing and expecting any dramatic changes is basically the definition of insanity...

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What makes things worse is if you look at some of the QB's we faced. GB without Rodgers, the Bears with Glennon, Cleveland twice, the Dolphins, the Colts without Luck. That's just off the top of my head. We should be easily handling those teams with the talent we have.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been watching a long time, this defensive performance goes down as one

of the worst I have ever seen.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't want to pile on but at a certain point I'd have taken the PI calls if they would have at least made these guys contest a catch. At no point did I see anyone on the team make them fight for the ball and We aren't talking about world beaters at any position here. Closest I saw was late in the game when Sensabaugh tackled his man as the ball got there. They should have made adjustments at halftime or at least gotten somebody with heart involved like Thomas or blitzed Hilton off the edge or jammed anyone at any time.

• Like Like x 1