1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Bye week thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im sure thats coming from Lewis. If the game is out of reach, probably figures why risk injury.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I had a bunch of Bengals fans over my house watching that game yesterday and I will give the answer that one of them gave to me when I said that I can't believe they took a knee. "Yea, It's obvious that they need practice".

I think at one point in the second half they had 6 or more 3 and outs in a row. The Punter was getting worn out.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    people forget to mention that we will be getting our best lineman (gilbert) back, our 2nd best D lineman(tooey), best run blocker(vance) and our best hyped up offensive WR back(minds). We are 6-2 while mainly missing our best trench players, that's awesome.

Oh a sidenote William Jackson was the true corner we wanted, burns ain't all that good compared to him, or anyone lol. I mean burns is solid, but I think Haden is better lol.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I don't think many people forget what the bye week is for. It's all about getting players back from nagging injuries. Or, in Bryant's case, a temper tantrum benching. I'm looking forward to each of them contributing early and often in the Colts game. I worry most about Gilbert though. Seems to have a tough time staying on the field.

Artie Burns > William Jackson III. It's only their second seasons but time will prove that Artie is a much better pick barring injuries going forward to either player. JMHO.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The bye week is for an extra week of TV revenue.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jackson has barely played but when he does he’s rock solid. Shutdown brown, pick six on Rodgers.

7 passes defensed vs Artie’s 6 in 1/3 playing time.

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    What a terrible non-call! That corner was all over Brown!

(Am I too late? Or too early?)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1