1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2024 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    What about Wisconsin Center Tanor Bortolini? We do seem to have a soft spot for Badgers. Plus the guy scored a 9.98 RAS. Under-rated and uber-athletic Wisconsin Badger? That’s a Tomlin guy.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It looks like all April Mock Drafts have him going in the 5th round.

Tanor Bortolini Draft Profile 2024 | NFL Mock Draft Database

How did Razorback gym rat Beaux Limmer score on the RAS? 39 reps on the bench. (Mocks have Limmer going in the 4th round)
    At the senior bowl against Sweat.

Beaux Limmer Draft Profile 2024 | NFL Mock Draft Database

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Van Pran will be there in the 3rd, his stock has been dropping like a rock all off season after he was a no show at the senior bowl even after accepting his invitation.

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    My vote goes to Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida.

Here is a write up.

[​IMG] Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 193.
    40 Time: 4.41.
    Projected Round (2024): 2-3.
    3/30/24: Pearsall recorded 65 receptions for 965 yards and four touchdowns in 2023. He played well for the Gators, showing route-running, quickness, and yards after the catch. He could be a nice weapon as a slot receiver in the NFL, but also has enough size to line up on the outside. At the Senior Bowl, Pearsall had a number of good practices. He then ran well at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine.

9/2/23: Pearsall played well in 2022 – his first season with the Gators – and recorded 33 receptions for 661 yards and five touchdowns. Florida had inconsistent quarterback play, but Pearsall was impressive with his quickness, route-running, and playmaking potential. Quarterback play could hurt him again, but Pearsall could be a sleeper value pick for the NFL.

5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    They've definitely painted themselves into a corner here. Center remains a pressing need, as does depth at corner. Anyone eyeing Heyward's horizon know a replacement along the defensive line would be worth the investment, as would having a linebacker to pair with Queen on the inside.

That said, I see Van Pran as too much a reach of need here. A DL pickup for development ahead of 2025 would be wise, but unfortunately a luxury the team cannot afford. The same can be argued at ILB, where Queen and Roberts/Holcomb should be serviceable enough backed up with depth coming from the 3rd/4th. Nickel corner remains a question mark that needs to be addressed, but I opt to do so from available group in the 3rd and bolster the slim pickings in the WR room.

Roman Wilson, WR, University of Michigan

6. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023

I think both of those Centers look more like who the Steelers will draft over JPJ and Frazier, which has been all the talk so far.
    I’m saying this in response to the feeling that it’s now or never to draft a Center, or any single position really. Can still go BPA here and there’s plenty of board left.

Not as my vote for round2. That vote is still Kris Jenkins DL 3-Tech Michigan.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Roman Wilson, WR, University of Michigan is my vote.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He’s pretty much exactly the same height/weight as Mike Hilton (and Tyrann Mathieu). He brings everything to the table that Hilton did near the line of scrimmage, but is faster and far superior in coverage. I agree that we are very depleted at C and WR, but we also have no nickel corner. My second choice would be Rakestraw, who is also nickel-capable but lacks ball skills on tape. What Rakestraw does offer that Sainristil may not is the capability to play outside. My 3rd choice would be to go WR with Roman Wilson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That would confuse very old Steeler fans. Wilson to Wilson for a TD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would like the following:

Center - Graham Barton
    Wide Receiver - no idea
    Cornerback - no idea

11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll go with Mike Sainristil

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    They can just look at the name on the back of the jersey. That would be R. Wilson to R. Wilson. :)

13. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So many great suggestions.

My vote goes for Mike Sainristil.

Side note. I'm having problems pronouncing his last name.

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think the Steelers will use their 3rd round Comp pick they received from Philadelphia to over-draft one of these 4th or 5th round centers that have been mentioned.

1st round = No Center
    2nd round = JPJ or Frazier
    3rd round(84) = Van Pran
    3rd round(98) = Best Center available that the Steelers like.

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sounds like a yeast infection medication.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My vote goes to Sedrick VanPran-Granger, C, Georgia. We need a starting center, and he's the best that's left on the board. #2 receivers and slot corners are 3rd round territory.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Throw me in that also

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lot of good suggestions here. I think this shows why they need to go C and WR or WR and C in the first two rounds.

For that reason I have to go with Van Pran, he has a rd 2 grade so I feel comfortable taking him here. Scheme versatile, gap or zone he can play it.

I’ll get a tally up soon, lot of votes for different players. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Van Pran started 43 straight games at center for Georgia and was 2nd team All American. He is the only center left in the draft who can walk into camp and be the starter from the get go.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Vote Tally:

Mike Sainristil, Nickel CB

Roman Wilson, WR

Sedrick Van Pran, C

Kris Jenkins, DL

• Like Like x 1
  21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Like we even have 11,111 on the board. I bet Elvis voted more than once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    If it comes down to a tie-breaker, I will cast a vote for Van Pran. Back to back OL picks seems unlikely to actually happen, but this is not reality.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Nothing against those two, but they don't hold measure to the top three in the class. The Steelers have historically had strong play from the center position as a part of their lines, and while I'd be fine with a stopgap while we wait for the right one at the right time, I don't feel good about Herbig and his 40 pro snaps there serving that role, nor do Limmer or Bortolini impress as guys that would do well in a starting role come this fall. Give them a year or two of seasoning and they're likely average guys at the position.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Mike Sainristil is the pick!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Sainristil is a good ball player who will help any team that drafts him but in our mock our two biggest needs coming into the draft were center and WR and neither one has been addressed. Right now going into the 3rd round the Steelers have no center on their roster and our #2 WR is Calvin Austin.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1