1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

official 2024 draft day thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 25, 2024.

1. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    We just drafted 3 wrestling champs this draft! This just screams Weidel!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Well LB wilson has a good bit of Watt look in his game at ILB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    I think we might look at more of a safety, SS in fact, role for him. I think he's too slow for corner. I do like him quite a bit, he does have a lot to offer, but I don't think he can beat out Trice, and Rush. He is an avatar!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Just posted this then saw this!

5. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    They made one HUGE mistake IMHO this draft! NOT using all thoes later 2025 pick to Trade into the 5th and snag PSU's Hardy! High end SCB, CRAP! I thought that I saw he got drafted after we picked LB Wilson. Missed that he was still there! He would have been ANOTHER high value STEAL, plugging our LAST big hole!

Damit, there is just no way we use all those picks next year, Kahn is already planning using them to move around next year.

6. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah, I tried to catch up when I took a break, and came in the house, finished the page I was on, tried to go to the next page and the site just locked up for quite a while.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yeppers.

Granted, Kendrick Green had a wrestling background... but not to the degree that the likes of Zach and Logan have had; State Champions. Don't discount Payton Wilson either; going 43-0 over the course of his Junior Season in High School.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Aron Smith also. The QUIET WARRIOR!! Man, Lee just Feels like an Aron Smith, Te Diesel clone just not as far along as Aron, but he Goldie locks Kiesel the Deisel!

• Like Like x 1
  9. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    This line has a GREAT chance to be way better than Ben's BEST line. that one had Pouncy, and DeCastro.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't know for sure he is the Missile that Shazier was ,have to see him on the field. May camp is just going to be ridiculous!

11. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    True on all points. I was just hoping someone else wanted him. And I was ranting some!

12. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Okay I'm claiming TWO Nicknames for LB Wilson. "FREIGHT TRAIN PAYNE", and "PAYNE TRAIN"! Man what an ILB he can be! I really didn't check him out fully as we signed Queen, and we finally got a report on Holecumbe.

He was suppose to drafted so high, and it appeared ILB was way down the list of needs. Thought they were after Cedric Gray. Wilson IS the best ILB in the draft. Hell even if we only get the one contract out of him, it's going to be 4 amazing year of him! I think he might just be fine health wise, we'll se, and only time can tell!

I'm having a hard time picking my favorite pick right now! That's when you know it's a great paper draft!

Roman Wilson? Hines with real speed, Steve Smith clone? OH YEAH! I'll take that!
    McCormick? Carlton Hasselrig? Just that smirk of, wait till you get a load of what I'm going to do to you!
    Payton Wilson? He just feels like a cross between Troy and Shazier!
    Like Troy in a LB's body!
    Fautanu? A mean ass Pouncy playing Tackle!
    Frazier? A Webster? That wants to put Everyone on their back and
    just wants to grind them into the dirt!

I got to go with PAIN TRAIN PAYNE! We have suffered so long Since we lost Shazier, even Troy. I was so pumped that we FINALLY had a FA season like this one and went out and got Queen! I was so pumped to see Queen in this D! Now I want to see PAYNE in this D along side Queen.

Who's your favorite pick and why? Change my mind! Isn't this just great!!

Man I was desperate to Trade picks from 2025 to get Ayiuk, Man how scary would this O be with Pickens, Roman, Ayuik, Pat, Najie, Jaylin, this new line, and Washington?

I'm now ok without Ayuik. I'd STILL like to see it happen, see it on the field. With that WR trio, this O is SB caliber, just would depend on the QBs. But without Ayuik, and this D we have a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    No way Leal is worth anything. And agreed with green, people knew it wasn't a good fit and knew there was potential.

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Lot of optimism about our O-Line. For Wilson to succeed they need to be above average.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Rich Eisen said that if you can get 3 years of Payton Wilson at his best then that is better than 8 years from an average ILB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Thanks.

These are not high end evaluators, and they didn't have his medical eval reports. They were just speculating based on past injuries.

I think most people understood that he could drop because of his medical history. Nobody credible that I have seen or heard thought he wouldn't be drafted. If his medical was that bad, he wouldn't be able to play at the level he did. Common sense tells you that he can play at a high level for at least a short period of time. Teams then needed to decide how long and if it was worth it. The Steelers and I'm sure every other team had a point in the draft where they would have taken him.

He's simply too good and too talented a player to not get drafted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I agree and I'm in the vast minority here, but I always felt Pouncey was overrated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    No one credible had this guy as a first. He was a mid second at best without his injuries. But some of y'all acting like these non credible people are legit.

So if you want to talk legit, I'll talk. Which is he'll be a ST and if he can stay healthy for the year, then he might see being used here and there. Shoulders are sadly easy to get reinjured. And that's worse for a LB than what his ACL injuries are.

He did put on weight his last year and still performed. But steelers will be pushing more weight on him.

He has a lot to learn. He is a high ceiling but he may brake. if he can stay healthy, maybe next year he'll start and continue to have that high ceiling.

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I keep wanting to make a thread breaking it down how These boys are going to be a beast after week 5. And stay that way for 4 years. And hopefully we get their next contracts.

Mccormick was so underrated.

21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So we got him a pick and a half back where he was projected... works for me:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  22. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Most people didn't think he would be a first round pick because of his medical, but they didn't think there was any chance he wouldn't be drafted......and that's what you are saying. Most thought he would be a day 2 or maybe a day 3 pick at worst.

Of course he can be injured in his first practice and never play again, but that can happen with any player.

They drafted a perfectly healthy WR in Senquez Golson that was tearing it up in camp, injured his foot, and never played a game for the team. This is the risk of any player, and it can happen at any time. This is nothing that is unique to Payton Wilson.

Ryan Shazier was paralyzed from a hit during a game and it ended his career.

Drafting or signing any player is a risk.

Wilson was never going to be an undrafted player. He is too good of a player for teams not to draft him.

23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Any player can get hurt? Shocker. But a player with multiple knee and multiple shoulders are at a lot more risk...... but you and others don't understand that.

There's even some here thinking Holcomb has medical issues. And that's why they drafted Wilson.

According to your standards we should be calling Shazier the day he started walking again.

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    If healthy, that's correct.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought surly I didn't get kicked off because I wasn't a huge fan of the 1st pick. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1