1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2020 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hi:

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    My vote is for Michael Pittman Jr WR USC

just because i think it will be closest to the real thing.

depending on what the jets do of course

3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    we should put up a poll in the main forum listing the top 15 available players for everyone to vote on for a few days...

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Here we go Steelers Here we go...........we are on the clock.

I am so torn up here I feel like it is down to Cushenberry and Winfield for me but then Turtle had to throw out Pittman. I have been on the Cush train but I really feel right now the best fit for us with what is here right now is safety and I like Winfield and think he is a great fit for us. Thoughts guys?

6. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    TCU DT Ross Blacklock is projected to go in the first round in most mock drafts and he's still available...

• Like Like x 2
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He is available and is yet another good prospect.

8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Think the line is the way to go here.

Driscoll and Cushenberry are the two I’m leaning towards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Do we have an official list to vote on yet? I'm inclined to say inside DL, like Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU or Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma.... gotta do something to replace Hargrave. I think with Ben returning we will solve most of our offensive woes (maybe a bit optimistic on my part).

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am thinking the names are

Eason...Wanogho.....Blacklock.....Cushenberry......Pittman......Winfield Not sure if I forgot anyone but I like @Hawaii 5-0 idea about putting these guy in a poll and letting everyone vote. just a thought.

I like all these names.....can we pick them all, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    My official vote is Blacklock. I could also see Winfield, but I think with our improved defensive play and Minkah/Haden back there, they can compensate a little for a weak safety

My research site, shows Cushenberry or Wanogho could also be a good potential but I feel Ben has good chemistry with his OL and they'll do much better with him under center, but Eason & Pittman are ranked much lower as potential 3rd/4th rounders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Since this is essentially our first round pick, I would want someone who, barring injury to a starter, will be able to compete for a starting spot this year. That would pretty much eliminate Eason. Winfield would immediately be in the mix for nickle and dime formations. Pittman will be competing for #3/4 receiver. Wanago would be serious competition at tackle, Cushenberry at guard, and Blacklock at nose. Of the three, I could see Blacklock starting the season at nose, and being in a three person rotation in passing downs by mid-season. My opinion, but something worth throwing out there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    C/G Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

We have serious holes all along the Oline. Maybe we move Feiler inside to LG but I think that creates a big problem at RT. I say leave Feiler at RT and draft Biadasz to be the starting LG and eventual Pouncey replacement.

Biadasz was always seen as a potential 1st round pick, but didn't workout at the combine and seems to be getting passed over. He won the Rimington award as the best Center in college and is the type of guy we need on the inside.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like the way you look at it and I agree with you. Where I am a little different is the thought of what happens with TE. I have read they want to use him more in "Barrons" role which opens up a spot. I also look at what we have behind TE and Dangerfield stinks imo. So I see Winfield as a guy who can come in here and see a lot of snaps but if we go Blacklock he might be the guy who gets the most. The problem with Blacklock is I like other guys like Agim, Davis(neb.) and Marino to name a few and with an already crowed DL and limited snap available is he worth the 2nd round pick.

The more I look at it I like Winfield.........that is my official vote.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Last year TTF would place a Voting For Steelers Pick is now open at the top of the page.

@TerribleTowelFlying if you could work your magic :hi:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Vote tallies so far:

2 Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
    1 Michael Pittman Jr WR USC
    1 DT Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Is this your vote or just throwing names out?

Remember everyone, when you cast your vote, be sure to indicate it’s your vote so I know for sure.

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I can't decide between Blacklock or Cushenberry. Wisiniewski being added to the o-line makes Cushenberry less of a need. Ebron makes the big target, like Pittman or Claypool, less of a need. I am leaning Blacklock, because there is a need and he may be the best player available as well. I am waiting for somebody to convince me of another player. Steel City's argument for Biadasz is an interesting one, but is Blacklock the same type player, except on the defensive side of the ball?

What about Jeremy Chinn? He seems like a Belichick player.

20. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    If you’re going to go safety, you go Winfield, who I would assume is the highest rated player on the board. Many sites have him rated above Delpit, due to his ability to play both FS and SS. Delpit, and Chinn, are pretty much SS only.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Thanks, that's a good point.

22. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, I think I convinced myself. Wanted blacklock, but if i’m Going best best player available, it’s Winfield. Big conference, underclassman, bloodlines. Walk on Nickle/Dime. Can play slot corner. Yeah, let’s go there.

Vote is for Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota

And don’t tell me he’s short. He is. But he’s fast, built, aggressive, and a playmaker.

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like Cushenberry a lot but I like Hennessy a lot to later on. See my response to Steelersrock above about Blacklock.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey Blast my official vote is Winfield

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    2 Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
    1 Michael Pittman Jr WR USC
    1 Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
    1 Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota