1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2020 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2020.

1. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Guessing Jackson is the pick then?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, lets call it. Some people haven’t voted yet but think this is losing steam. Let’s try and get through the 4th rd and see where we are at after that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    overwhelmingly.

let's make it official and move on so we can get to the Steelers next pick in this round...

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Which is actually their last for our draft as there is no 5th rd pick.

5. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    think it's gotta be a RB, WR or S...

6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Here's where Chad Rueter of NFL.com has the players we have drafted in our mock draft in his 7-rd mock draft:

Blacklock #30

J. Brooks #52 (Peart was #66 pick)

Jonah Jackson #95 (Harrison Bryant #44) (Fromm #75)

Other interesting projections from Rueter:

#49 Akers, RB to Steelers

#102 Leki Fotu, DT to Steelers

#124 Anfernee Jennings Edge to Steelers

#135 Lamar Jackson, CB to Steelers

It looks TheSteelersFans have done a good job of drafting according to one man's opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Here are the rankings of our picks on the PFF draft board:

Blacklock @49, PFF #54 (Winfield is PFF #38)

Brooks @102, PFF #64

Jackson @124, PFF #40 (wow)

PFF is just one more subjective source, but at least they take the time to chart each individual player’s performance on every snap and develop numerical scores that span all snaps (though they are at least largely subjectively scored). The scoring is also not the product of a single person, so while largely subjective, it’s not just one person. I am not always in agreement with PFF, but they do provide some great reference material, and because of the rigor of their analysis I place a lot more stock in their rankings than the various 100% subjective, one-person derived rankings.

Anyway, PFF thinks we did great job with all of our picks. I agree with Blacklock even though I voted for Winfield. They were among the few guys that I watched a lot of film on, and they both flash big time potential. There was really no way to go wrong picking between them IMO. I did not agree with Brooks because he’s so poor in coverage that it will be challenging for him to be a 3 down linebacker in the NFL, and I see 2 down LBs as having value that starts in the 5th round. Can he be a better 2 down LB than Vince Williams? Probably, but is that really worth a near top 100 pick in a league where defenses play in nickel or dime 65+% of the time? To me the answer is no. As for Jackson, I didn’t watch him other than when I watched OSU play games on TV in the fall, and watch Dobbins run through wide open lanes seemingly all game, every game (plus OSU’s consistently good pass protection). Seems like good value to me based on my reading. I should have grabbed the draft guide sooner, because I drafted Simpson from Clemson for Green Bay, who PFF rates at #189, and left Jackson on the board. Oops....

I’ll leave off with another available guy that PFF has ranked at #97: Antonio Gibson. I’ve watched what I can find on YouTube, and I’m not sure what to make of him. He’s a physical freak, and it shows in a number of plays at both RB and WR, but the quantity of work is so small. He’s a true home run threat at WR, but his route running is less mature than most draftable WRs. As a RB, he runs with awesome power and speed when he gets to the second level, but it seems like he lacks the vision and cutting ability to get to the second level without the blocks setting him up. He blocks pretty well compared to most college RBs and WRs, but not well enough to use as a 3rd down back as a rookie (or an H Back). He may be there for our pick at 135 in this mock. Curious what others see in him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree about PFF. Don’t always like their conclusions but can’t disagree with the work they put into coming to those conclusions. Very thorough. Which is why I also like Draft Network.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Was going to say QB as well but NY just took Fromm. Probably last guy worth taking here. Thanks NY :beee:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Isn't Gordon still there, I know many sites are high on him...... Eagles were foamming at the mouth for Fromm but were ready to take Gordon if had to lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Steelers are up in like six picks right when do we want to throw names out and as a group what are we looking at? WR...RB...S...OLB?????? thoughts?

12. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I traded Rosen to the Packers for the pick straight after so I'm gonna keep quiet on this one!

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would like to go WR here, but I'm really not liking any that are available. I would say ILB, OLB or S. Hate to go defense again but seems like the value is there.

14. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    I like James Proche, would make a great slot WR for us.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I hear you the 2 guys I really like right now are Victor and Johnson(not a whole lot) but both are guys that could be had later. I like Victor a ton and think he would be a great fit here. I think right now the best value at positions of need and ones we haven't picked is safety and OLB. Tow names I like a lot are Terrell Burgess and Alex Highsmith thoughts?????

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    two very good choices, I agree

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Which two the WR's or draft options????

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    haha Highsmith and Burgess would be ideal imo

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like what I read about Burgess and feel he is a good pick here at a position we need a lot of help in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
  21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Collin Johnson seems to be pretty highly rated across a couple sites, but the dude is 6'6" and some say he may go to TE.

I haven't researched the mid to late round WRs much. Quintez Cephus has some good write-ups and Joe Reed offers some kick return ability.

I think there's more value in Burgess though at S. OLB Highsmith needs some time to ripen which would be perfect since Ola and the Skipper can possibly handle the rotations this year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And I have more faith in Deon Cain than I do in Dangerfield. Which would be the immediate backups to the starters imo.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Also a couple OTs sitting there in Colton McKivitz and Hakeem Adeniji

24. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I drafted Johnson for the panthers, in this round, with pick #113. I want to pair him, a bigger receiver, with the newly acquired Robby Anderson.

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    OK missed that one thanks