1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    King combine
    vert 34
    14 reps
    4.18 shuttle
    6.67 3 cone
    40 - DNP

Jones combine
    vert 37-1/2
    20 reps
    shuttle - DNP
    3cone - DNP
    4.41 40

MT doesn't like defensive guys doing returns so not sure how that will affect D. King's value to some

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You and I don't generally disagree on prospects, (that Im aware of lol). But aren't you concerned about his tackling or lack thereof. I couldn't see how he's on their radar...

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wonder why? I never heard that. Can't imagine that if MT had a good return man that he wouldn't let him do it because he plays D. He lets AB return them, he's pretty important.

King answered questions about his 40 at his pro day, 4.50. One of the knocks on him was did he have the speed but he does.

He tested above the line on 3 cone and vertical and just a little off on the shuttle.

Why didnt Jones run the 3 cone and shuttle? I dont see any pro day results either. Pretty important tests for DB's. Id be interested in knowing those results.

EDIT*

Found them in your Josh Jones thread :lolol:

4.32 sec short shuttle and a 7.43 3 cone at pro day. Below the line but not terrible.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    "Draft Beer?" :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't think its a question of importance for MT, but a matter of preference. How many times did we see Gilbert do KO Returns? Twice maybe that I can recall, but we got the chinese water torture with Fitz and Cobi back there doing returns. I saw where MT said it in the past (his preference) but can't recall or I'd post the link.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not saying he is a liability and maybe this is wrong to say as I haven't watched any game film on Jones I am going only by scouting reports. I just think Jones is more of a run stuffer and King is more of an open field kinda player. Therefore I would rather have Jones who has very good ball skills but would end up being better in the box. Both are good ball players but with us having Davis, who I feel is more like King that would give us kinda the same type of player.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    King at 5'10" 201

Jones at 6'1" 220

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't user Gilbert as an example of anything. Apparently very lazy.

Im not buying it, if MT had a Deion Sanders type guy on defense, he'd be returning kicks, preference or not.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The only exception I would give is Adoree Jackson. Until a defensive guy does it consistently, I think MT sticks with his plan of using offense players. They didn't meet with D. King at the combine that I'm aware of. You would think they would show some interest while there.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Slow voting. Still at...

Desmond King - 6
    Josh Jones - 5
    Quincy Wilson - 3

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, we're only 2 votes off the total for 1st rd voting.

We'll call it 11:00 AM tomorrow.

13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I can't believe with how many people are on this board that we can't get more #'s in this thing...blows my mind

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I am glad people aren't voting just to vote, rather they knew a little about the guys we are voting on. No disrespect to anybody intended.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll admit I have not seen alot of tape on Jones. From what I have seen I think my knocks on him would be that he is slow to diagnose plays and can be hesitant. I don't think he plays up to his measurables.

I've watched alot of film on King and liked him since last year. Pure ball skills. Speed is good enough. I think he is a FS all the way. I think Josh Jones is more of a SS.

I don't think I would be terribly disappointed if we ended up with Jones in Round 2, just other options that I like better.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That's for the reply, I haven't seen this kid play I am basing everything off scouting reports. With that said wouldn't having King be like having 2 Davis's? I feel we need a guy like Jones who has very good ball skills but is still a force in the box. Nothing against King I will be happy with him but as I look at this I favor Jones, jmo.

Now if King comes in and plays CB now we are talking a whole different story or if he is coming in to be a 3rd safety. The NFL is changing so fast guys with ball skills will always be needed.

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think King maybe could play some corner. It's obviously what he did in college. Running 4.5 at his pro day could vault him back into CB talk. I watch him and I still like what he could do at FS. He is a ball hawk with good read and react skills.

I don't think King's game is anything like Davis. Davis is a balanced safety. He can hit. He can tackle. He has some ball skills but it's not a strength. He can play a little corner if needed.

While King isn't a bad tackler, as he's made a few plays in the backfield, but it's not his strength. This guy likes to go after the ball in the air. He's not a SS at all. I like him at FS but like Davis, he probably could play a little corner if needed.

18. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I vote josh jones..

I'm an ACC guy and he can play SS/ILB hybrid ....

Dude can cover TE and hits like a LB!!!

Cajun

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dead Heat

Desmond King - 6
    Josh Jones - 6
    Quincy Wilson - 3

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Didnt notice you hadn't voted. Your vote doesn't count! :lolol:

Desmond King - 6
    Josh Jones - 7
    Quincy Wilson - 3

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    been trying to stay out of it. Thought we reached in the first, think we're reaching in the second. but would rather have jones than king. think he's got more steeler in him.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Should have thrown your hat in for who you think wouldn't have been a reach when voting started. Might have steered voting in that direction.

• Agree Agree x 1