1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Douglas played a lot of press, too. I like this kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in round two. He would have gotten my vote even if @blackandgoldpatrol hadn't voted for him. :lollmao:

• Like Like x 1
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I guess he played more of it than I thought...here's a good article

https://www.si.com/college-football...ginia-footballs-defense-shutting-down-big-12#

another one here says they played primarily two defenses, one zone and one man (in regards to the secondary). So he should be experienced with both. I always thought they were more of a zone team they mix it up more than I originally believed.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...ia-s-all-or-nothing-defense-3-3-5-tony-gibson

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm still BPA/position need over position need/BPA which is putting me @
    1)Alex Anxalone Mack/wil LB
    2) Anthony Walker... Mack/wil
    3) Wayne Gallman RB
    4)Ardarius Stewart WR
    5a) Bucky Hodges TE
    5b) Jake Butt TE

All my CB come in starting with the 3rd comp...

My Vote-----
    Alex Anzalone... ILB Mack/wil...
    It's a need the Steelers are serious about, their biggest FA offer was for ILB

Cajun

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Yes sir we sure do I will not put a guy up the board cause he showed he can move without pads on. I am by no means saying I think the combine is bad I just don't like when players go up the board cause they ran fast or something. Game tape to me is my #1 tool, that is what I put my judgment on. I also love the Shrine game and Senior bowl for most of the positions. The no blitzing thing and the running a base D hurts some players but for the most part I like to see the best of the best go against each other.

Yes when I say under the radar guys I do mean the "so called experts" who write about these guys. I do have to put a lot of my opinions based on what these guys say as I don't have the time to watch a lot of film and I do not have access to the Steelers draft experts. I also have to take into account what all you guys say here there are a lot of you guys who put a lot of time into it and I respect all your opinion, I may not agree but I respect them and listen to them.:smiley1:

I will say this again I do not like how this 3rd round has gone for us that is for sure......

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He was my other choice. I figured he'd probably be under the radar and be available for the comp pick.

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

I could see this, my first pick is Stewart WR, but see a need for ILB...... Anzalone has spent a lot of time injured I'd shy away from another Sean Spence . I think the CB's listed will be there in the 4th and 5th rounds, earlier rounds cleaned the CB's out already and there's no sense stretching for one when there's a better BPA.

7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    He missed half of 16' with a broken left arm...... Shoulder issues in his early college career but I expect no issues moving forward from these.

Cajun

8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    He leads my list for the comp pick.......

Looking seriously at corner in the 4th

Cajun

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lots of names this vote, Lewis leading the pack.

Jordan Lewis, CB

Shaq Griffin, CB

Corn Elder, CB

Howard Wilson, CB

Rasul Douglas, CB

Alex Anzalone, ILB

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ugh, you going to make me that guy now? Not allowed to change votes, opens a can or worms.

But I'll remove myself from the decision and leave it up to my committee members to make ruling on it since Griffin is my guy.

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Lewis is the better player but I'm worried about his legal issues.

I'll vote for Howard Wilson.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I meant be the guy flip flopping votes all the time lol. You can leave it at Griffin if need be. I shouldn't be so trigger happy next time I guess :lolol:

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Where's gpguy when we need a rule interpretation? Maybe Goodell can make a ruling on the situation, and suspend turtle for a round of the draft for violation of the league's flip-flopping policy.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Fine, I'm going to go hang out with Martavis lol

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

Let's just leave it, sorry Turtle.

If Corn makes a late surge and beats out Lewis, those who voted for him would have a gripe if your vote is the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Are we calling this pick at 8:08 pm?

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, lets call it.

Jordan Lewis is the pick

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If our first 3 picks go this route in real life, I'll be a really happy camper :dancing:

19. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Nooooooo!!! We are reaching @ CB..... I'm betting in the real draft maybe one of these CB doesn't make it to the 4-5th rd....

Oh well...... I think is the better CB out of this crop

Cajun

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    As I look at this draft right now the more I am thinking we need to go CB in the first. I am not unhappy with Watt but I do not want Lewis as our first CB taken. I look at the way the draft has gone right now and see guys like Phillips, Smoot, Wise and Dimick all as guys I would rather have than Lewis right here. I would have liked going Conely and one of the guys I just mentioned over Watt and Lewis, jmo.

I am also looking at what is left and TE is still loaded, RB has some nice talent there, WR has tons of guys. There is also one S that I really like a ton and will be surprised if he isn't taken in the first 3 rounds.

It is easy to look back and say what if but hey that is what we get to do here since this isn't real. jmo

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We probably mishandled that. Could have at least waited for the comp pick.

Should have taken Desmond King last rd, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    It wasn't a great spot to take a CB at. I agree on King in Round 2.

The thing is, jut like last year, all of us are CB hounds and they came flying off the board I don't think that is going to happen in real life. The Steelers should be faced with better options.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:lolol:

I hope so. Last year I wasn't close to predicting how the first rd unfolded :facepalm:

Speaking of which, who usually puts that together? Thats fun too.

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I ran it in the past, but I won't have time to do it this year. I can copy/paste the rules into a new thread, but someone else would need to score the submissions. Sorry.

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think @turtle took it up last year if he wants to set it up again closer to the draft.