1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Already picked by Seattle.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I am with you all the way here HARLAN MILLER is my vote, funny you mention him baiting qb's he does this a lot. Also what I like about him is how he comes off his guy while the ball is in the air to another guy and he reacts. I feel this is a strength of his that fits our system like a glove......Come on guys it's MILLER TIME..........:drinks:

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm torn between the guy I voted for last rd.. (xavien howard), and ga. Olb Jordan jenkins... I've seen a lot of film on jenkins, and rarely have i seen a front 7 player with hands as violent as his....
    At the same time, if we don't grab a cb now, there won't be one worth drafting later...
    I'll make my decision between these 2 shortly

5. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'll cast my vote for Jordan Jenkins. Edge and corner remain big needs, and I see Jenkins as the superior player in terms of who is available at those positions.

6. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    It would be extremely disappointing to go three rounds in the draft without selecting a CB that can contribute this year. Given our current CB situation, we cannot "BPA" our way through the draft and ignore such a glaring need.

I don't know much about this guy, but based on other posts I vote for Harlan Miller.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You don't seem to understand that CB isn't the only major need of this team. DL and OLB are also huge needs and probably bigger needs than CB. If Tuitt or Heyward get hurt this year we've got nothing behind them. The same holds true for OLB. We've got Dupree(who may or may not develop) and a way over the hill Harrison. Outside of that we don't have squat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was between Bronson and Jenkins for me. Watching Bronson is like watching a highlight reel, guy makes plays all over the place. He's a little stiff but would love if we got this guy.

My vote:

Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

10. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    I was offering up my opinion - I believe CB is the biggest hole on our roster (along with the most ignored over the last several drafts). I do understand we have other needs as well.

Your answer is to draft an OLB from Georgia with the initials J.J.? :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Think it's a little early for Kaufusi. I wouldn't complain if we could snag him in the 4th.

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Already off the board ya drunk!:tequila:

13. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    agreed. Getting a 2nd round talent in the late 3rd is a steal... normally. In this draft? It's the Italian Job.

• Like Like x 1
  14. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

See what happens when I try to be productive before 8am. Haha.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Bronson Kaufusi is the BPA. Can we add another pick to the Dline though?

I think Jenkins is probably the smarter pick, but I have to stay true to the board.

My pick is for Kaufusi.

16. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Did someone just say Miller time? The drunk GM can get behind that.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Our future #1 shut down corner............:dancing:

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree here Kaufusi is my BPA also but I overlooked that cause I feel there are players at other positions of need that are not far off Kaufusi's value.

19. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So fare we got:

Deion Jones ILB LSU 1

Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU 3

Jordan Jenkins, OLB, GA 3

Harian Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana 4 (this may be 5, I don't know if the drunken GM actually voted or just perked up at the mention of beer)

Good race going, we'll leave this open for a bit, some people in this thread said they are thinking about whom to vote for and haven't yet.

Good value for CB next round, think people are panicking a bit. Except NY, who has had a man crush on Miller for a while :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ugh... I sure hope it doesn't play out like this. If it did, at this point I'd look at best interior OL. So I will vote OG/C Max Tuerk USC

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I've delayed long enough..... as much as I hate to pass up what I believe to be our last good chance in this draft to get a corner, I just can't pass up jenkins, so there's my official vote

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Everyone has complained about our secondary and all the "big names" went without us getting one. We did grab a S last round but we can't let this go any further. We need to finish fixing the secondary by nailing Miller here. I don't care about him being from a small school, we have had success in the past with that. This kid has instincts you can't teach and has the size to play in the NFL. If you haven't voted......Harlan Miller is your/our man!

Kaufusi is a good value here and Jenkins is a nice pick as well but neither could turn into a starter this season, both play at a position where we have starts but need depth. Miller could end up being a starter at some point in the season. JMO :smiley1:

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Let's set aside the film on Miller, which shows a guy who had trouble with physicality at the FCS level, and look at measurables, because when you evaluate small school prospects the measurables become a bit more important because you don't have much game tape against FBS talent. 40: 4.65; short shuttle 4.43 (that's almost 2 tenths slower than the 285 lb. Kaufusi - a D lineman). That's incredibly slow short area quickness for a corner. 6 bench press reps. He tried to improve that at his pro day and did 4 reps. This bench numbers support the lack of strength I saw on film. Also, on him having NFL size, he's 6'0", 182, and looks even skinnier on tape. So... He looked good in the non-contact 1 v 1 drills in the Senior Bowl practice and becomes a 3rd rounder? I don't get it :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1